• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter 2017

Rubbish.

Goods you can get by trading. The game doesn't require sitting at all. Moving on has always been more rewarding. Especially whem you do it just before an event starts. Research has been part of the events since the start, so who does not understand FoE? Seems to me there is only one person here that needs to grow up.
You are funny. Just what is it that you trade for goods?

Research with alternatives has been part of events ever since I started. I read here of historic complaints about it, and a statement by Inno that indicated they had realised that alternatives were needed.

I understand Forge of Empires all right and I can read what is written. I am aware the game is different for those who have been playing years and are in OF/AF but when did you last play below Industrial Age?

When it takes a month just to get through an age, maybe there is time to build up the goods. When an age can be researched in a week or so, players must sit in an age before progressing, or screw up the game for themselves.

What harm does providing an alternative do? Why is it that the old hands (some of whom are the very people who once called for alternatives to research quests) don't like it so much? How is forcing a counter-strategic play advantageous to anyone? In what ways is making players 'finish' the game quickly any advantage to Inno?

Haagse Harry

Private
You are funny. Just what is it that you trade for goods?

Could it be as simple as other goods? :zzz:

Research with alternatives has been part of events ever since I started. I read here of historic complaints about it, and a statement by Inno that indicated they had realised that alternatives were needed.

You claim you started early last year.

Spring Event March 28

Quest 9: Hanako: "Research a technology" and "Spend 7 Forge Points"

May Day Festival Event April 27

Quest 3: Hilde: "Research a technology" and "Spend 7 Forge Points"

Alternatives were introduced with the update to 1.102 on Monday May 29th and were dropped for the Historical Questlines in no time.

I understand Forge of Empires all right and I can read what is written. I am aware the game is different for those who have been playing years and are in OF/AF but when did you last play below Industrial Age?

Judging from your comments, understanding is a big word. I last played below Industrial this morning.

When it takes a month just to get through an age, maybe there is time to build up the goods. When an age can be researched in a week or so, players must sit in an age before progressing, or screw up the game for themselves.

Crap. Join a decent Guild and you do not have to sit.

What harm does providing an alternative do? Why is it that the old hands (some of whom are the very people who once called for alternatives to research quests) don't like it so much? How is forcing a counter-strategic play advantageous to anyone? In what ways is making players 'finish' the game quickly any advantage to Inno?

None. Alternatives are fine by me. I just have a problem with "new" players that act like they know it all when in fact they know nothing.

Could it be as simple as other goods? :zzz:
You claim to know such a lot about Forge of Empires. So, please explain how trading for goods means you don't have to spend any time building up goods to trade or use.

Then, oh informed one, let us all know how changing to a different guild (away from one that does not demand contributions) provides enough FP to spend on GBs without ever pausing in research, and how such a guild can generate goods for its members.

Yes, I thought I knew this game - and still think I do - but I have no idea how a guild can magic masses of FP or ANY goods at all for me.

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm not sitting in an Age - I've already researched one tech during this event even though I had the alternative of donating vast numbers of goods instead. But I'm not going to do 'research a tech' again just in order to win ten extra stars when the main questline is over; the cost in goods and Forge Points is utterly disproportionate. And I know a lot of other people in my guild are doing the same... I hope the development team didn't put too much work into their final couple of quests, as a lot of players won't be seeing them :-P

DeletedUser111589

Each age has at least 20 technologies, events have up to 3 research quests. That would mean, half a year would be average time spent in an age if you choose only to research during events. Enough time to level up each GB once.

Fight your way through GE to save goods, having goods buildings is acceptable. Keep producing 2 different units of newest age, rest you'll get from GE. Don't have goods buildings from previous ages.

Get ToR, get relics for extra FP and extra goods. Place tribal squares instead of houses while leveling up Babel. Having more than 5 supply buildings in lower ages is not necessary, lighthouse exists to boost supply production. Both babel and lighthouse give extra goods.

DeletedUser111589

I don't know what its like in modern and after, but in my early middle age towns, I have over a thousand of boosted goods while completing 3 levels of GE by negotiating.

In LMA, I am always short on goods as I'm negotiating though 4th lv. But always enough for a research.

Haagse Harry

Private
You claim to know such a lot about Forge of Empires. So, please explain how trading for goods means you don't have to spend any time building up goods to trade or use.

I think Ilela just told youu. Doesn't play as long as you, but knows a lot more.

Then, oh informed one, let us all know how changing to a different guild (away from one that does not demand contributions) provides enough FP to spend on GBs without ever pausing in research, and how such a guild can generate goods for its members.

Not every Guild demands contributtions and in GE you can win plenty of fp's. Same can be accomplished by smartly donating at other GB's.

Yes, I thought I knew this game - and still think I do - but I have no idea how a guild can magic masses of FP or ANY goods at all for me.

Ever heard of working together?

I am sort of missing the smart remarks about alternatives that have ALWAYS been a part of the events.

DeletedUser107476

If you sit half-way through an age, you won't have the troops to compete at GE, nor even to fight off the neighbourhood attackers.
If you have an Alcatraz and Rogues hideout this is not true. The first few fights in GE are easy so you can start getting troops for era early on. Normally by second week I can complete level 3 of GE even if sat at beginning of research tree. I agree though that it is sometimes necessary to wait if you want to get Great Buildings and level them to be at a decent level.

DeletedUser107476

Join or start a guild that is starting from scratch and see the difference. Joining a big guild takes away part of the enjoyment of the game of seeing your guild progress from the hard work of all the members.

DeletedUser107476

My only question is what happened to upgrades for Confectionary this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haagse Harry

Private
Join or start a guild that is starting from scratch and see the difference. Joining a big guild takes away part of the enjoyment of the game of seeing your guild progress from the hard work of all the members.

Does not have to be big. It needs to be active with players that want to help eachother. If that is the case you can see both.

Why the three posts? Did you have three brainfarts you could not control? Ever noticed you can edit your posts?

DeletedUser107476

Does not have to be big. It needs to be active with players that want to help eachother. If that is the case you can see both.

Why the three posts? Did you have three brainfarts you could not control? Ever noticed you can edit your posts?
You appear to have a problem with me, as this is twice now you have tried insulting me and my intelligence. Can I ask what it is?

As to why 3 replies, they were to 3 different things, so I like to keep them separate so that they are easier for people to read.

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm not sitting in an Age - I've already researched one tech during this event even though I had the alternative of donating vast numbers of goods instead. But I'm not going to do 'research a tech' again just in order to win ten extra stars when the main questline is over; the cost in goods and Forge Points is utterly disproportionate. And I know a lot of other people in my guild are doing the same...
Actually I was wrong there - I've been seeing a spate of people going up to the next era over the last few days. So if the idea was to push players out of era-camping, then it's evidently working...

DeletedUser110179

Actually I was wrong there - I've been seeing a spate of people going up to the next era over the last few days. So if the idea was to push players out of era-camping, then it's evidently working...
Camping is great during the annual holidays ... a chore when it becomes routine ... and just plain silly when you're missing out on the main event.

Camping complete.jpg

DeletedUser6065

My only question is what happened to upgrades for Confectionary this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check the toilet.
To use the word 'Uninspired' is to be far too kind.
Hopefully, the new year will see an entirely new production team.
. . . . . mk

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
I guess the concept of purposely not entering new ages/eras if over the heads of most players and game designers, which for players isn't a surprise since most high era accounts here are pure garbage, and also not a surprise for game designers because lets face it they don't play the game and can't comprehend strategy, it's that way on all online games.

Here is the simple strategy of staying put in an age/era -

1) Spend the FP on leveling your important GBs to an insane level.
2) Spend goods on L4 GE.
3) GE, GVG, PvP becomes easier overtime.
3) Be a top player in your age/era.
4) Sacrifice for your guild so the treasury can benefit from your Obs, Atom and most importantly Arc in a specific age/era.
5) AF and OF are utterly useless since there are no AF or OF GVG campaign maps and lets face there probably never will be.
6) Many other strategies, too numerous to wirte them all.

Inno is doing a harsh injustice to their veteran players.

I don't need the useless point players commenting how you can build goods buildings for any age/era to contribute to guild treasury, because any player with an ounce of strategy, and who is active, will quickly find out there is NO room to place such when you have to choose between placing FP producing buildings or goods producing buildings. It's a no brainer.

Overall the Christmas Event was as good, with rewards, as it was during the good ole days, but it left a sour taste in our mouth when one of the last quest was 'Research A Technology', leaving us strategic active players unable to finish the event.

DeletedUser101009

I finished it but didn't even attempt to get any of the event buildings my goal was pretty much HoF and SoK getting sick of ending up with a load of event buildings that require too much space and are hard to place without majorly re-organizing everything.

Vesiger

Monarch
Inno is doing a harsh injustice to their veteran players.

As I've said before, I think this game needs an exit strategy - the top players simply become bored once they've reached the final era, and it's practically impossible to balance the game both for them and for everyone else.
We need a "You Have Won - Congratulations" screen marking the end of the game :P