• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: App lags when collecting production

• Thread starter DeletedUser111866
  • Start date

DeletedUser111866

World: F (is likely world-independent, as I don't play other worlds)
Version: 1.116.4, Android 4.4.2
Overview: When collecting resources, initial collection hits a brief (0.5-1 second) delay in which app freezes completely, that is, no animation or whatever happens. If collecting with a drag, production collected with a drag occasionally also causes similar freeze (harder to detect). Same delay happens when using either button on the left or right side, including buttons that reveal more buttons (!). The problem does not affect incidents collection, these are collected normally. The problem started somewhere yesterday, the device was charging and on WiFi so a critical OS update might have caused the misbehavior in the app, because it's on v1.116.4 for longer.
How often this occurs: Always
Urgency: Minor (interface only, but very annoying)
Preventative actions: I tried restarting app and rebooting the mobile, bug still present.
Summary: App freezes for a small time when using certain interface elements.
Search: No, however this is not present in the first page in this forum.
Tried to fix: N/A (app), and didn't try reinstalling the app.

dimondus

Captain
My wild guess - Android 4.4.2, so you are probably on 3-4 years old phone so a bit of lag is expected.
What I don't like about collection on mobile is that they changed the way to move buildings (now its press and hold to move) and that is preventing collection sometimes.
Try to turn off all animations and mass collect afterwards.

DeletedUser111866

My wild guess - Android 4.4.2, so you are probably on 3-4 years old phone so a bit of lag is expected.
A bit of lag was expected, but not a second of lag, and the fact that it only appeared several days ago, with the last update that allowed building expansions by clicking on adjacent areas. Before that, app worked pretty smoothly.

DeletedUser111589

What I don't like about collection on mobile is that they changed the way to move buildings (now its press and hold to move) and that is preventing collection sometimes.
Try to turn off all animations and mass collect afterwards.

Android 6.0 here and similar freeze during collections occurs. Animations and music are turned off.

Messaging always lags, since I installed the game.

DeletedUser111866

Messaging always lags, since I installed the game.
Messaging always waits for server to ack, this lag is normal as mobile internet has unreliable media, thus your message might not reach server from the first attempt.

DeletedUser111589

Messaging always waits for server to ack, this lag is normal as mobile internet has unreliable media, thus your message might not reach server from the first attempt.

Typing is lagging, not sending message.

DeletedUser111866

Typing is lagging, not sending message.
Hmm weird, it didn't lag for me.

BTW, the bug suddenly (c) went away for me personally. I wonder if there was something really other than my device.

DeletedUser104881

Could you please confirm if any of you are still experiencing the lag, and if anyone encountered on a non Android device whilst playing the App?

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm seeing this today while aiding cities: app periodically freezes up with all animations halted when you click on a building to get the identification pop-up.

DeletedUser104881

This should now have been fixed, if it's not the case please let us know.