• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser111589

That doesn't work.

It works. I didn't have take over quests in a while, last time being a week ago because I failed to take the province before new daily challenge started. Took it that day, no more such challenges since

And unscouted means that you have to pay coins to start exploration/scouting, just in case you didn't know that

DeletedUser110875

Interesting. How did you do that, by leveling up Innovation maybe? And yes, contact support, it can well be a bug.
I built a house expecting the quest to recognise the increased population but it did not though the population total did recognise the increase and the count went up .

Haagse Harry

Private
It works. I didn't have take over quests in a while, last time being a week ago because I failed to take the province before new daily challenge started. Took it that day, no more such challenges since

And unscouted means that you have to pay coins to start exploration/scouting, just in case you didn't know that

You have to pay to start scouting? Wow, that's new to me.

Did you know that scouting can take up till three days?

DeletedUser96901

and if you today need to buy 3 sectors today in the event the result would be:
your strategy didn't work

DeletedUser11394

Any word on if there will be a Winter Event chest in the future for those of us who might need a building we missed?

DeletedUser110797

I'm trying to discipline myself to not even choose a DC chest because I don't think they are worth the bother.
Previously I have completed DCs with five tasks (lots of time and certainly some resources) and have been rewarded with a Framehouse or a 5% attacker boost or some other feeble reward.
Admittedly some of the rewards have been good but overall I see the DC is really just another ploy to have us use up our resources so that some of us will resort to buying diamonds to keep playing.

DeletedUser111948

After doing the challenges for a while in two cities I guess I have my "bottom line" thought on this now. Feedback time I guess...

1. The rewards need to be scaled with player age. While nearly everything you get is a boon for a relatively new Iron Age city the chests for Progressive age city are 70% useless - people tend to produce much more FP and resources so the only chests that are of interest are the event building one... That is if you have the space for the buildings...

2. Finish N amount of production round quests need to be adjusted or removed - it is not reasonable to ask people to run 12+ 8 hour production cycles - unless you have 12+ production buildings it seriously interferes with your sleeping... No good.
At later ages people tend to have LESS production buildings, not more, preferring bigger buildings that give more materials per tile and need to be motivated less. This requirements clashes with good city design and that is not fun.

3. -1 "punishment" should not be applied unless the player PICKED the chest. If someone whats to skip a day or a week they have a full right to and should not be penalized for that in any shape or form.

4. Tavern silver quests need to be adjusted - there never should be more than one collection from fully leveled tavern needed - collecting silver is not something you can influence directly, no amount of telepathic sending will get your friends to sit there if they are not in the mood to :D

5. Remove the regular buildings from chests - I've never seen a player who would not build a house/farm/cultural building when they need to and wait for a random daily chest to get thous... Makes no sense - replace them with resources if you can't come up with anything better. That or let us sell them from inventory and get the full amount of resources back... Still not fun, but better than the current thing.

6. Make the chests more fun in general - random minor boost/unattached uni/some coins are not something a player gets excited about. Not something you want to challenge yourself getting either. Dailies would be great if they added an element of "what fun thing can I try and get today for my city?" instead of "oh yeh... Another load of crap nobody wants... Great... "
For me age proportional rewards would be a start, than a LOT more even building chests - it is a good way to let the players get old event buildings that are not available elsewhere - like Christmas tree, old Halloween stuff and so on - it's a long list.

7. Add MUCH more Renovation/One Up kits - with the current trend of modular event buildings players need significantly more of thous. Instead of the old "one building one kit" now we need multiple kits to keep the event sets relevant - the Winter Village alone needs 7 kits to be updated! And that is if you only have one copy of every building... The increase in demand have not been reflected by increase in availability, daily challenges are a good way to fix that.
It may not be much of an issue for end game players but for earlier ages it is - the earlier the age - the more of thous are needed.

Generally the dailies are a good idea, but at the moment they are only worth it for beginner players for the most part and build in such a way that people would rather forget about them altogether at later ages. But I do think that with some fine tuning they can be a lot of fun.

DeletedUser96901

4. Tavern silver quests need to be adjusted - there never should be more than one collection from fully leveled tavern needed - collecting silver is not something you can influence directly, no amount of telepathic sending will get your friends to sit there if they are not in the mood to :D
so true
having the Tavern twice a day filled is nearly impossible

and sitting in Tavern for the same reason too:
a maximum of 16 times. not like me today: sit in 45 taverns

Grof Z

Corporal
So dailyZ? Whats the deal ?!!
(note. I actually did all quests so far, and won SoK, WW, 50FPs and Hideout)

What I find frustrating … and not the - do 85 x 5min productions - gain XY population - battle XY amount …

But rather F$%)#ing “ acquire XY sectors on the campaign map “ for a stupid reward of 30% chance of 50fps or 7% chance of a wishing well.
I have just come to Colonial Age … and was looking to keep as much as I can sectors for campaign map: so I can do Quests and eventually DCs …
Winter Quest started / made my cross to CA … was doing all Quests, and like I wrote did all the Dailys … and now I find myself with half way through tech three and ZERO -0- sectors on campaign map … as I used them for Winter event but mainly for Daily …

Other thing is … what’s the timeframe for these Daily Challenges?
I mean .... i have sometimes chosen harder quest for daily and had it done under hour-two max … and I get the most shity prize from chest!!!
Does Daily needs to be done in 5minutes to win top prize or what?
It would be nice if we know how many time we have to do what quest … if it’s worth I will give it a go … but if it’s not working … then I will pass it!!
it’s frustrating … to try something spend XY amount of sectors/goods/time and get just 10FPs on the end …

U really should consider removing acquire sector on map from DCs …

DeletedUser111589

@Grof Z take down all provinces you have opened and don't open more unless necessary and those quests won't appear for daily challenges.

Click on gear icon on top right corner of challenge window and you'll be able to change starting time.

Grof Z

Corporal
And another "hard" daily done under 1 hour ... and I got 10FPs ... so whats the deal?
How fast? or how we need to do the quest ... so we can win something more then FPs ?

DeletedUser100832

The negotiation quests do take the mick - I am not spending tons of goods for a potential 10fp prize.

Agent327

Overlord
And another "hard" daily done under 1 hour ... and I got 10FPs ... so whats the deal?
How fast? or how we need to do the quest ... so we can win something more then FPs ?

Does it really matter how long it takes you as it can be done? I now need to do 90 5 minute production. Can also be done in less than an hour. Can even be done in 5 minutes. So is it a great quest because of that, or is it rather annoying?

DeletedUser107692

I saw some problems with the daily Quests immediately but I decided to do them for a while to get a better understanding and be able to give better Feedback. It's been a couple of weeks now and I think I can give you good Feedback on my main Problems with the System.

First of all I want to say that I like the general idea of daily Quests because they give you something to do besides doing your daily Collections.

1. My first fundamental issue with the System is that it is not clearly divided between fighting and farming. I hate the fighting System in FoE, I think it's boring and takes up too much time/resources, therefore I never do the fighting Quests in any Event. I know that it is a bit my problem when I don't want to do any fighting but I am sure that I am not the only one and people will probably feel like fighting one day and might not want to do fighting the other day. I just don't understand why, when you have the two different chests anyways, you don't just make a clear separation between the two.

2. Another issue is that everything is just too much. Doing 90 5-minute collections is not fun, it's just extremely tedious, collecting 2.500 tavern silver is not always possible and you don't have that much influence on it, I had to gain like 6.000 happiness one day, it's easily doable but it's just boring and tedious to do.

Please consider that we have other things to do and for most people FoE is a low priority and just something fun to do.

I dislike the trend of the ridiculously high Productions you have to do for event and now also the daily Quests. It forces people to make space for and build Blacksmiths. I once had a daily Quest where I had to do 33 4-hour productions. I have 6 production buildings in my town and I don't have Space to build others. With 6 production buildings that Quest would take me 24 hours and is therefore not even doable. Why not just make it 5-10 productions? We still have to log in, start the Productions and have to come back later to collect it. 5-10 should be doable for everyone without being "forced" to login every four hours to complete it.

3. The Quests in general are very boring and tedious, it’s only collect stuff, fight enemies and tear down and rebuild houses. Why not do something different, you could for example create a temporary event area, give the player a couple of buildings and he has to figure out how to fit all the buildings into the given area. That’s just an example off the top of my head but it already sounds much more fun than those Quests. Sure, it’s harder to implement and requires more work but the thing that will happen with the daily Quests is that people will get bored of them because it’s just things that you do for every quest in the game and not something new. Most people will stop doing them in no time.

4. Getting punished for not doing the Quest one day is immensely frustrating and only speeds up the process of people getting bored with them. I don’t think I will ever get the 7 Day Chest simply because I don’t feel like doing/don’t have time to do them every single day. My life doesn’t revolve about this Browsergame.

Make the Requirement for the Chest 10-14 Completions of the daily Quests and remvove the subtraction.

5. The rewards are a bit bad. I often have Chests where I have a 50% Chance for 10 Forge Points and then smaller Chances for buildings. Every second chest therefore is just 10 Forge Points. I won’t do 90 5-Minute Productions, kill 30 Units and donate 100 Goods to the Guild for 10 Forge Points. Rewards and Requirements are usually not in Proportion.

I hope my complaints help change something.

I doubt it though.