• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser110797

One of my latest daily challenges has just 2 tasks. Win 2 battles without loosing in between.....no trouble there.
And, acquire 5 sectors on the campaign map for a reward of 50% chance of 10fps or 5% chance of a wishing well.
They've got to be kidding. The punishment doesn't fit the crime if you get my meaning. I won't be doing this DC.
My run of 5 DCs takes a backward step!

DeletedUser111866

Yup, 5 sectors for me is normaly a skip. Now I resorted to having a single province open at a time, this helps with those quests - they don't give sectors if you don't have them up for grabs.

DeletedUser111866

They don't count your city's GBs in those chests. If you have a Traz, any unit chest that doesn't have buildings is stupid. Having an Arc makes BP chest stupid, as well if a person stays in a low age. Having a Sophia makes cultural chest worthless (actually, having a happines event reward from current age does the same). Etc. The only chests that are worthy at all times are those that only have FPs inside.

DeletedUser110179

The Event chests are pretty kewl ... players are always keen on good Special buildings (even when it's more of the same ... like fields of SoK).

Event Chests.jpg

DeletedUser15986

That's true, however I'd choose FP chest over event chest 95% of the time. But with event chest vs something more mundane Imma picking event stuff.

I'm getting well over 100FP every day. I'd 100% prefer the event chests, and for those chests to have FP completely removed.

DeletedUser111589

I'm getting well over 100FP every day. I'd 100% prefer the event chests, and for those chests to have FP completely removed.

I'm not making that much FP, however I agree with removal of it from those set chests.

DeletedUser111866

100 FP/day is a real lot. I am just a tad above the default 24/day, and for me, the 30FP chest is about the daily income. Should I have 100FP income, maybe I'll change priorities. I also have not so many expansions to place those event buildings, this also plays a role in selecting priorities.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Same here, a week has passed in 2 worlds and I haven't won single useful item, only motivation junk and some FPs. Well, there was rogue hideout but I had 2 already in that world so still useless.
I agree with all of you. I have been passing on doing the challenges the last few times as the stuff being offered was essentially useless to me. I also found out that even if you don't choose to do the challenge the -1 is invoked. That sure sucks when nothing is shown worth trying for. You shouldn't be penalized for not playing....only for not completing. So I don't ever see me completing to the so-called grand prize for doing 7. It probably works for those just starting in the game and not having anything of worth in their inventory but when you are farther along in the game(I'm ready to enter Arctic Future) something has to really jump out at you for you to play their game. Offer something of worth for those near or at the end of the eras!!

DeletedUser110179

I also found out that even if you don't choose to do the challenge the -1 is invoked.
If you want to skip a day but do not want your Challenge Bar to decrease, go to the time settings
(a cogwheels button near the timer) and set your new starting time +/- 1 hour from your previous one.

Your new challenge will start in a day + the time left before your new chosen time!

Daily Challenges/Tips and Tricks

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
They don't count your city's GBs in those chests. If you have a Traz, any unit chest that doesn't have buildings is stupid. Having an Arc makes BP chest stupid, as well if a person stays in a low age. Having a Sophia makes cultural chest worthless (actually, having a happines event reward from current age does the same). Etc. The only chests that are worthy at all times are those that only have FPs inside.
Also if you have the capability of making a mess of FPs even that is not as important. What bugs me is the fact that if the challenge of the day isn't even picked because of inconsequential rewards, you are still punished with a -1. So you have to take up the challenge even when you don't want to. Really sucks!!! And you always seem to get the smallest reward so challenge is really not worth it. At least with the Treasure Hunt you always get something...and the further along in the hunt you go the better the reward!! And I know about the reset but the rewards mostly suck and sure would be nice to see what you have to do for the rewards!!

DeletedUser110419

No, you don't "have to take up the challenge even when you don't want to". If you don't want to do a Challenge, don't do it! It's really that simple. Missing a Challenge means you have to do eight Challenges instead of seven to get the 'big' reward. Big whoop. Nothing to cry about, imo.

DeletedUser111866

No, you don't "have to take up the challenge even when you don't want to". If you don't want to do a Challenge, don't do it! It's really that simple. Missing a Challenge means you have to do eight Challenges instead of seven to get the 'big' reward. Big whoop. Nothing to cry about, imo.
The problem here is that once you start going for "big" reward, the DCs start to be mandatory, and they sometimes are not worth the hassle, even if counting the progress to big reward as part of the daily reward. There should be an option to skip the day after reading the possible rewards without getting punished. The challenge is not always accepted, and the punishment should only apply if a challenge was accepted and then failed, which is not the case here, I've tested that.

DeletedUser110419

There's a very easy way to skip a Challenge if you don't want to accept either daily chest - it's been posted a few times already in this thread: change the start time of the DC forward or backward by an hour - that will cause the Challenge clock to skip a day. So, the only issue is when you've already chosen a chest and get quests that you don't want to do.

In that case, you don't do the quest and you get set back a day in the "big" reward. So what? What's the big deal if it takes nine days to complete the "big" reward instead of seven? or eleven days? or thirteen days?

It isn't "mandatory". You are not "forced to", nor do you "have to". You can choose to use a little self-control, take a little personal responsibility for your actions, and move forward from there.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
The problem here is that once you start going for "big" reward, the DCs start to be mandatory, and they sometimes are not worth the hassle, even if counting the progress to big reward as part of the daily reward. There should be an option to skip the day after reading the possible rewards without getting punished. The challenge is not always accepted, and the punishment should only apply if a challenge was accepted and then failed, which is not the case here, I've tested that.
I agree. I've done a couple and then let it go because wasn't what I wanted to try. Like you say...it then becomes mandatory and it shouldn't be!!! And the -1 comes off. That's crap!!

DeletedUser111866

There's a very easy way to skip a Challenge if you don't want to accept either daily chest - it's been posted a few times already in this thread: change the start time of the DC forward or backward by an hour - that will cause the Challenge clock to skip a day.
I was under impression that this action only changes the next DC, the current one (which you want to skip) isn't then cancelled thus you still suffer a -1. Gonna check if I'd get crap in this one.

DeletedUser110179

I was under impression that this action only changes the next DC, the current one (which you want to skip) isn't then cancelled thus you still suffer a -1.
Gonna check if I'd get crap in this one.
Lol ... Come back and share the result.