• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: ~(Great Building) Ability to trade collected blueprints

• Thread starter DeletedUser111862
  • Start date

DeletedUser111862

Proposal:
I would like a way to trade or swap GB blueprints for a specific building blueprint

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? I couldn't find a title like mine when I filtered the list

Reason:
I'm a relatively new player and was near the start when the Oracle of Delphi introduced me to GB but my interest is waning. I collect lots of blueprints but they always seem to be for a different building or I'll get one duplicate for an existing blueprint. I really can't create or plan any strategy for building them so I'm starting to ignore them.

Details:
I want to expand on the 2 for 1 exchange of blueprints. Maybe you could use duplicates from multiple buildings to swap for one specific building. Or perhaps you could create a trade with another player to swap blueprints from GB that you don't want with ones you do.

Visual Aids:

Balance:
You'll get an increase in building GB because obtaining complete blueprints will be less random. There will be an extension to the market that allows you to pick the blueprints from your inventory to offer and which blueprint you want in return.

Maybe you may need to tweak how often blueprints are offered as rewards for incidents, daily challenges, etc as a way to counterbalance that players can trade them.

Abuse Prevention:
I understand that GB should not just fall in your lap. I think you should always have to give more than you get. So if you want to use other GB blueprints for a swap, now it's 3-4 blueprints for one blueprint in your chosen building. For trading, maybe it's guild only and you have to pay a coin fee and or goods fee to facilitate the trade. Maybe that benefits the guild treasury. There has to be an associated cost but at least you get a chance to complete a blueprint for the building you want.

Summary: Give players a more planned way of acquiring blueprints for a GB by trading blueprints that they don't want but ensure there's a cost involved and it's not a straight swap.

DeletedUser96901

when the Oracle of Delphi introduced me to GB
sorry but that is a terrible feature
players get a GB for free without learning how really getting a GB

would be like getting a driver license for driving 3 rounds with a bobby car

there's a cost involved
for a cost you already get the BP you want (200 diamonds)

Maybe you may need to tweak how often blueprints are offered as rewards for incidents, daily challenges, etc as a way to counterbalance that players can trade them.
interesting: you say the unimportant ways to get BP
(btw: daily challenges ? new players have it already and the old not. wtf ?)

you don't know the 2 main things to get BP ?
aiding and donating to other players BP
and the more easy it would be the less those 2 things (especially at the beginning) would be done

if a good player starts a new world he aids everybody every day to get his first building
good for the other: aided buildings --> faster progress

and donating to other GB to get BP is also important especially at the beginning
--> helps getting up new GB at the start
without people who really need BP there would be less donating to GB of other

DeletedUser111862

sorry but that is a terrible feature
players get a GB for free without learning how really getting a GB
Well it's obviously working to introduce new player's to GB but there is still room for improvement.

for a cost you already get the BP you want (200 diamonds)
That's a different issue. Sorry, I refuse to accept that payment model. I'll buy a game for an upfront cost and then I expect to be able to play that game. I'm not going to constantly pay out money for progress. I see diamonds as a way to cheat - pay enough money and you can take shortcuts (which is true because there is usually a way to achieve without diamonds).

Before anyone raises the point of payment - I'm not preventing Innogames from changing the way they offer the game or coming up with an alternative stream of revenue payment.

you don't know the 2 main things to get BP ?
aiding and donating to other players BP
and the more easy it would be the less those 2 things (especially at the beginning) would be done

if a good player starts a new world he aids everybody every day to get his first building
good for the other: aided buildings --> faster progress
I do. That's why I have so many blueprints but none of them are complete. Your argument works if there's a chance that aiding gets me the blueprints I need. Right now, it's the opposite. Helping gets me a blueprint that I have no use for and is therefore no reward at all. But if I can trade blueprints, then I'm going to be aiding a lot because whatever I get is useful. In fact, I may have to aid more because I'll need 4 useless blueprints before getting one that I need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
Many of us didn't get a complete set of blueprints for anything for five or so Ages - you will eventually get them (and will end up with far too many!)
Just keep on playing and don't worry too much about blueprints. You can raise your chances of getting BP for a specific Great Building by aiding buildings of the relevant era, but it's still pretty random. (I went through a phase of polishing public baths in my quest for Library of Alexandria BP - nice and easy to spot in other people's cities.)

Your idea would be disqualified under the heading of 'making the game too easy', I'm afraid, not least because as I mentioned many higher-level players have ridiculously large numbers of blueprints which they could trade for anything they wanted...

Similar ideas already suggested (and rejected) from people frustrated by too many unusable blueprints:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...t-about-being-able-to-trade-blueprints.31010/
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/excess-blueprint-trade.14871/
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/selling-blueprints.30700/
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/blueprint-trade.28686/
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/blueprint-trade.16697/

Last edited:

DeletedUser111815

I started playing 6 months ago and haven't had an issue with this. Part of playing this game in the beginning is understanding how everything works. I was plundered in the beginning, since I had no idea how the defending army would work. I built Babel as first (wish I hadn't) and was so happy. I did spend some money on diamonds but if you're smart you really don't have to. If you clear 64 encounters in the GE weekly, you'll get enough diamonds eventually.

Just play and enjoy. If GBs would be easy to get your hands on, they wouldn't be special anymore. I still know how happy I was when I built my first GB.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Just play the game, donate to other people's GBs, and the blueprints will come. Before long, you'll be unlocking levels 11 and 12 of some of the early GBs.

I've stopped in the Early Medieval age for a bit. Once I've built all the EMA and earlier GBs I want and levelled them up a bunch I'll move on. But for now I'm just using all my forge points in my guild's swap threads and in some targeted donations for GBs I really want a piece of. But I'd recommend stopping in the Iron or Early Medieval Age to consolidate your position before you move on, rather than rushing through the ages as fast as possible.

It took me a while to get my first GB. But now I have Zeus, Tower of Babel, Temple of Relics, Cathedral of Aachen, Lighthouse of Alexandria, and the blueprints for Colosseum (which I'm not convinced is worth it) and Hagia Sofia (which might be worth it but I don't really have space right now). I have level 11 unlocked for Zeus and the Lighthouse of Alexandria, and am very close to unlocking level 12. I'm also close to unlocking level 11 for the Tower of Babel and Cathedral at Aachen. And I have the blueprints to unlock level 11 of Hagia Sofia as soon as I build it. And I have significant pieces of a few of the later GBs.

Just play the game and the blueprints will come, especially if you park in an age for a bit and trade forge points with other people.