• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Great Building Attachments in the Messaging System

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser12153

It would be nice if it was possible to link to GB's of other people. I usually make a guild wide thread when someone builds a new gb to help it get up being able to actually link to the gb would be super usefull

vikingraider

Emperor
It's a good idea but not implemented right re; shortchanging. Hopefully inno will listen.......______:hide:

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
If you call it an attachment to a message, then there should be an actual typed message for it to attach to - the current feature is actually a post on its own, which has its uses but would be more useful if it were at least optionally possible to add accompanying text.
And as I said before, it actually makes it harder to type normal messages not using this feature, because the button obscures part of what you just typed...

DeletedUser108047

Vesiger is right - the enhancement does not work as promoted. You should be able to write text AND add the link to your GB in a message. For example in a guild swap thread - you want the next swap to level your GB not wait for you to add the owners point then you should be able to write it just like we used to - now you need to send 2 messages...

Vesiger is also right - the button in the text box obscures the text you are typing on PC as well as app

Gratski

Private
The apps are global releases, so new features such as this rarely work on the app, even on Beta, until we get a global release with the changes. New features are predominately tested on the app internally due to how release and pre-production environments work for apps.

As far as Im aware, it'll be available on the app.
First impression: I'm totally impressed! This new feature is simple to use and effective in getting players directly to your chosen GB for FP swaps, etc.
Improvement opportunity: When used in FP Swap threads, I would prefer that the initially posted Attachment values did not update to the post-swap values once the message is closed. Retaining the GB's FP values as posted would assist post-swap auditing ... sadly, there are still some players who 'forget' to settle their swaps.

Aside from this - an absolute winner. Bring on the Trades attachments!

Gratski

Private
If you call it an attachment to a message, then there should be an actual typed message for it to attach to - the current feature is actually a post on its own, which has its uses but would be more useful if it were at least optionally possible to add accompanying text.
And as I said before, it actually makes it harder to type normal messages not using this feature, because the button obscures part of what you just typed...
I agree - I expected that my message would be posted with the selected attachment following in the message but was disappointed that this can only be acheived by a two-step process ... post message first, then post attachment ... not quite as slick as hoped.

DeletedUser4727

Vesiger is right - the enhancement does not work as promoted. You should be able to write text AND add the link to your GB in a message. For example in a guild swap thread - you want the next swap to level your GB not wait for you to add the owners point then you should be able to write it just like we used to - now you need to send 2 messages...

Vesiger is also right - the button in the text box obscures the text you are typing on PC as well as app

First point I'll feedback, thanks :)

Second is a bug which is already reported.

I like this feature, but as it is so quick to use it has led to some mix ups as some GB's get double aided as my guild has quite busy swap threads.

Would it be possible to have some type of "I am aiding" that you could click on the attachment that would grey out if pressed? This would stop double aiding, although I do understand it would be more of a "nice to have" function

DeletedUser110419

I like this feature, but as it is so quick to use it has led to some mix ups as some GB's get double aided as my guild has quite busy swap threads.

Would it be possible to have some type of "I am aiding" that you could click on the attachment that would grey out if pressed? This would stop double aiding, although I do understand it would be more of a "nice to have" function

Post first, then aid the GB listed directly above yours in the thread.

Post first, then aid the GB listed directly above yours in the thread.
Yes, I know that. But when there are busy periods, 2 people have pressed the "Attachment" button, so both appear at the same time below the one they want to add to.

Easier would be if the actual "Attachment" feature would grey out if someone is placing their GB they want FP's on . If they then close the window without adding their GB on, the "Attachment" button would become live again so not to derail the

DeletedUser110419

And if they both press the Attachment at the same time? Same problem.

If a race condition is a problem as you describe, it can be overcome by
1) Posting your GB
2) Exiting the thread
3) Entering the thread
4) Adding FPs to the GB listed directly above your posted GB.

As each message has a unique ID, and the messages in the thread are sorted by message ID, there is no possibility of incorrect ordering of messages at that point, thereby each GB will get its due donation.

DeletedUser106369

We have been testing this system in Beta for the last 3 weeks. There have been complaints from the beginning. You cannot track and stop short changing in FP thread as the post defaults to latest status, even in the previous posts making tracking impossible. I put the current FP total in brackets as an audit post it and then straight after add the GB attachment. In this way I have the total before FP's were added. It is not ideal but it works.

DeletedUser111359

And if they both press the Attachment at the same time? Same problem.

If a race condition is a problem as you describe, it can be overcome by
1) Posting your GB
2) Exiting the thread
3) Entering the thread
4) Adding FPs to the GB listed directly above your posted GB.

As each message has a unique ID, and the messages in the thread are sorted by message ID, there is no possibility of incorrect ordering of messages at that point, thereby each GB will get its due donation.

You don't have to leave the thread. I've seen a post from someone else pop up as I was posting before.

I agree totally with Gondor. In the past I would post on, for example a 10fp swap thread, "Babel 105", I then know when I check my Babel it should be 115. If i add an attachment it will show 105, but when someone take the swap, it will show the new total as 115, now unless I note somewhere the old total I have no way of knowing if the swap taken has been paid. The only way around this is to post a message 1st with "Babel 105" send message, post a 2nd message with an attachment...... or give up and just don't use the attachment, which is a pity.
I also agree that it should be a snapshot of the GB points when you add it as Gondor and others have said.
Inno should also fix the bug that over types the attachment icon and frequently breaks up words on the line breaks.

And finally allow you to type as well as add an attachment.

Apart from that great addition

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
You don't have to leave the thread. I've seen a post from someone else pop up as I was posting before.
I had a simultaneous post the other day. We were about a second or two apart. We both donated to the same GB, and because my post was a second or two before his, mine got skipped. Closing and re-opening might not be necessary if you wait a few seconds to ensure it's reloaded, but closing and re-opening is simple and easy to explain to new members.