• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering

DeletedUser105078

Proposal:

Disable plundering and being plundered permanently in the settings.

Have you checked for similar ideas?

I have checked, and although there are lots of suggestions to regulate plundering, I have not found this particular solution.

Reason:

A large number of players leave the game due to being plundered, while the number of players who enjoy plundering is small (although a lot of them frequent this forum). (Side-note: A simple survey asking players in-game whether they enjoy plundering and being plundered would resolve any doubts on the question.)

Details:

A player would start the game with plundering enabled, but would have the choice to deactivate it at any time. However, to prevent opportunism, there would be no going back on such a choice. If, later, a player were to change his/her mind, nothing would stop him/her from starting another city in another world with plundering enabled.

Balance:

My idea would have little impact on other game features. The few players who enjoy plundering would still be able to plunder anybody who chooses not to disable plundering – either because they also enjoy it, or because they wish to keep the option open, or because they don’t mind being plundered. On the other hand, many players who leave because they are sick of being bullied will stay and be able to enjoy their game.

Visual Aids:
Plunder de-activation.jpg
Plunder de-activation 2.jpg
Plunder de-activation.jpg
Plunder de-activation 2.jpg

DeletedUser111589

This is awful and not necessary. If you dislike/hate/dont want to be plundered, leave the game. And leaving because player got plundered is probably just a drop that spilled the cup and those players blamed that occurrence.

There are various ways to counter being plundered.

DeletedUser100832

Why not have worlds where you can't be plundered and worlds where you can?

DeletedUser96901

that is against the plans of Innogames of more and easier plundering

After successfully breaking through a player's defenses but not making use of the plunder function, a small lightning bolt is now displayed in the Social Bar to indicate that you have not plundered them yet
PlunderAway.png

DeletedUser100832

I think I'll be building a pod house so that that lightning bolt is always on :P

DeletedUser105078

You guys are obviously not in touch with the player-base. I've been playing for three years, I have founded several guilds and am now managing three large guilds, I have helped a lot of new players learn the ropes, and in my experience only about 2% of actual players like the plundering side of the game.

DeletedUser96901

You guys are obviously not in touch with the player-base. I've been playing for three years, I have founded several guilds and am now managing three large guilds, I have helped a lot of new players learn the ropes, and in my experience only about 2% of actual players like the plundering side of the game.
so less than 2 players per average in the neighborhood

then why are so many players always complaining that they are plundered :rolleyes:

and why do we need a change when it is only 2% :?

DeletedUser111589

Then what for are you making this thread about? If a player attacks and doesn't plunder, nothing is lost. Defender won't even notice defending failure.

DeletedUser110195

And yet...almost no one is clamoring for an end to the ability to plunder.

It's almost as if, your personal experience is not reflective of the entire playerbase.

DeletedUser105078

What happens is that you can play for months without being plundered, then you end up in a neighbourhood with just a couple of plunderers who attack everyone in the 'hood on a daily basis. People put up with it for a few days, then they ask their guild for advice on what to do. They always end up getting a ton of advice - do 24-hour collections, collect on time, improve your defence, retaliate, send the attacker a nice message, use your tavern city shield, send them a friend's request, etc etc. The person tries all these things, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes at the reshuffle the plunderer is moved to a new 'hood. If the ideas don't work - often nothing works! - and the reshuffle doesn't get rid of the plunderer, your guild-mate goes quiet and will soon be gone from the game.

It takes only one or two plunderers in a neighbourhood to spoil the game for the remaining 70 odd players. More often than not, there is no plunderer at all in a neighbourhood and one can play in peace. It's just a shame that good people end up quitting the game so unnecessarily.

The reason I did not suggest removing the plundering ability altogether is that, if some players enjoy that aspect of the game, I think they should be allowed to do it - so long as it doesn't spoil the game for all those who don't want to plunder and don't want to be plundered.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
This is an interesting idea.

I think, that all players who are not plundering, are hate plundering players. I am plundering only because the Points, but i am hate when 1-2 players in my hood can plunder me.

So if a player really not want to be plundered, then he will be put a lot of effort to maximize the city defence. These are the "real" players.
Players who plays this game only 1 or 2 times per day, not collect in time, not buy or do diamond expansions, and put 0% of effort and only complaining about plunderers, soory, but they deserv to be plundered, are you agree?

If inno put that non plundering button to the game, they spoil the FOE game. This will be a huge change for that 2% Real hardcore players, that is on this Forum, and plays all aspect in the game, not only one "trade aka sim city style".

All players are capable to build there defences, but this take a time and some work, like in RL if you not born rich :)

that is against the plans of Innogames of more and easier plundering

After successfully breaking through a player's defenses but not making use of the plunder function, a small lightning bolt is now displayed in the Social Bar to indicate that you have not plundered them yet
PlunderAway.png

Yes, finally this small icon will be implemented :D

DeletedUser111589

Daily challenge spoiler:

Daily challenges have win x number of battles and kill x number of troops.

And quite often at that.

DeletedUser110179

A large number of players leave the game due to being plundered, while the number of players who enjoy plundering is small.
Many people join the game because of the military component ... maybe less because of the plunder option
(although many plunderers have left the plunder profession in favour of more lucrative options) .

Plundering isn't always the most profitable profession. It's often a thankless task, akin to cleaning toilets or other dirty jobs
(but somebody has to do it) .

It takes only one or two plunderers in a neighbourhood to spoil the game for the remaining 70 odd players. More often than not, there is no plunderer at all in a neighborhood and one can play in peace. It's just a shame that good people end up quitting the game so unnecessarily.
Many players have turned away from the military option entirely (to their detriment) .

If you swim in the sea it might benefit you to know that shark attacks are possible and take measures to mitigate that danger ...
rather than have every shark destroyed or promote an idea to remove their teeth (if that were possible).

Many players negotiate the entire GE and neglect their city defense in favour of rapid "economic" development.
It would be wise for "peaceful guilds" to inform their new members and newbies of the dangers of this neglect
(else you are indirectly responsible for them leaving the game when they do eventually get attacked).
It's a bit like going to a party but making yourself at home (as though you own the house) .

Getting plundered ... with catastrophic results ...
is a sure sign of an over-heated economy that has lost sight of the dangers of a one-sided development .

Plunderlogo_wtransparency.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

Much much easier to achieve in GE, as that does not risk people not aiding you in a huff.

Yes if it happens on Monday. Imagine getting it when you finish GE. And when I said often, I didn't mean once a week but up to 4 times a week from my experience.

DeletedUser105078

If inno put that non plundering button to the game, they spoil the FOE game. This will be a huge change for that 2% Real hardcore players, that is on this Forum, and plays all aspect in the game, not only one "trade aka sim city style".

So, if I understand this correctly, you're saying that the "Real" "hardcore" players need the more casual players, just so they can have somebody to plunder? While the "casual" players don't need the "real" players to enjoy their own game, quite the contrary, in fact.

Does that mean the "Real" players who have less busy lives and more time to play should enjoy the game, but players who have less time to play don't need to enjoy it, they're just cannon fodder for the "Real" players?

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
So, if I understand this correctly, you're saying that the "Real" "hardcore" players need the more casual players, just so they can have somebody to plunder? While the "casual" players don't need the "real" players to enjoy their own game, quite the contrary, in fact.

Does that mean the "Real" players who have less busy lives and more time to play should enjoy the game, but players who have less time to play don't need to enjoy it, they're just cannon fodder for the "Real" players?

Take the athletes for example or the jobb carrer etc... Who are more devoted and put more effort to what he is doing will have more advantage. This is life.

And because of that, who is playing more will win. And yes, if you plunder you are playing more and must spend more time, much more like if you only trade :)

On the other hand if someone has only economic/trade stlye then he has enough good/factorys to forgot those plundered goods, because this is weak side od be a trader and put 0% effort in defence :)

And yes, the Real hardcore player are plundering...but eventualy they will stop...i am plundering on time all my hood mates, and another week not...but in the end, this is just a game, if you not enjoy it, then you cann leave it.