• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Your First Great Building - A Guide Questline for New Players

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser111805

not for me it hasn't and as I have only researched 5 things in iron age it should have

there has not been an update today yet

DeletedUser111351

not for me it hasn't and as I have only researched 5 things in iron age it should have

there has not been an update today yet
Maybe you've found the information somewhere, but I've never heard it said exactly when this quest pops up. All I've heard is that it's an early game tutorial/quest. Whether it's in game now or not, I wouldn't have a clue if I should be seeing anything related to it.

DeletedUser111805

from the announcment

Please note that the questline will not be shown to players who are farther down the tech-tree than mid-Iron Age.

also if you look at the bottom of the loading screen pic it tells you what version your running mine say's 04/10/17 so no update today

DeletedUser110195

The quest line that gives this should be available to anyone in iron age....for pete's sake it's better than the colosseum! It's smaller size and better happiness per tile + SUPPLIES which are infinitely more valuable to a new city than medals, make this something even experienced players should want in a new city.

DeletedUser111351

The quest line that gives this should be available to anyone in iron age....for pete's sake it's better than the colosseum! It's smaller size and better happiness per tile + SUPPLIES which are infinitely more valuable to a new city than medals, make this something even experienced players should want in a new city.
Actually a small amount of medals makes a huge difference to a beginning player. Those first few medal expansions are fairly cheap, but the medal prizes from things like towers of that age are really tiny. Not worth building a giant of a space hog like the colosseum, but very useful.

As for the quest activation, middle iron is still open to a lot of different interpretations. Once it's up and running though, all new people will get it. There will only be a small set of those who "just miss" by being too advanced. All the quests have a trigger though. If they moved it to the end of Iron Age then that means no one would ever get it until the end of the Iron Age. As much as it will mean more people that should get it with the initial release will never get it, triggering it earlier is better than later.

DeletedUser110195

Colosseum gives less medals daily than winning the bronze tower, it's also effing huge, so no, its medal production is not worth consideration. You'll get your medal expansions later or by winning the bronze and/or iron towers, or when you build an Arc or a myriad of other things that will come much later than iron age.

Seriously One2Rule...don't even try making an argument for the Colosseum by pointing to its medals production....a small patch of victory towers is worth more and cost nothing to build or improve.

DeletedUser111351

Colosseum gives less medals daily than winning the bronze tower, it's also effing huge, so no, its medal production is not worth consideration. You'll get your medal expansions later or by winning the bronze and/or iron towers, or when you build an Arc or a myriad of other things that will come much later than iron age.

Seriously One2Rule...don't even try making an argument for the Colosseum by pointing to its medals production....a small patch of victory towers is worth more and cost nothing to build or improve.
I wasn't. I said, "Not worth building a giant of a space hog like the colosseum." I agree the Colosseum is a useless building.

I was disputing the claim that supplies are INFINITELY better than medals to an early city. Supplies are easy for any player to get reasonable income going with or without a GB. Medals are harder to come by in the early stages.

DeletedUser110195

I wasn't. I said, "Not worth building a giant of a space hog like the colosseum." I agree the Colosseum is a useless building.

I was disputing the claim that supplies are INFINITELY better than medals to an early city. Supplies are easy for any player to get reasonable income going with or without a GB. Medals are harder to come by in the early stages.
Perhaps, but medals are still less important after you get your first 2 or 3. Supplies help get your economy off the ground, so you get moving on to building things that actually help get victory expansions. With its small size the Oracle should be useful for far longer than people think....it's also VASTLY more useful than Zeus to a new city(for the one who said Zeus is a better first GB)

DeletedUser111351

Perhaps, but medals are still less important after you get your first 2 or 3. Supplies help get your economy off the ground, so you get moving on to building things that actually help get victory expansions. With its small size the Oracle should be useful for far longer than people think....it's also VASTLY more useful than Zeus to a new city(for the one who said Zeus is a better first GB)
I concurred with the Zeus statement. It basically said that Zeus was an existing GB that would foot the bill nicely for being a freebie for a tutorial quest (small footprint, almost every player in the game builds it and keeps it, certainly useful for a starting city). I don't have a problem with a new GB being created for the task. I should know by now that by the time "give us feedback" is offered to the community it really means "pat us on the back for our amazing new feature, because it's already made and we aren't going to change anything."

As for the Oracle itself, I haven't paid much attention to its actual stats. Inno claims it's good for early ages and not for later ages. I've been taking them at their word. Either it is good for later ages, in which case they need to give this GB to every player, not just those small now; or it is as they say. But basically it sounds like it's a slightly OP premium supplies producer for the Iron Age. And yes, premium supplies buildings are very useful early on. And yes, they continue to be useful for a few ages after their time (assuming one is comparing them to standard buildings of the new ages and not newer premiums). So I'm sure it will be quite usable for several early eras. I've just played too many games where something is presented as uber important and valuable, and even plays true at the time it is presented. After the game ages though it becomes apparent that it isn't as great or useful as it appeared and the thing it used up could have been better used elsewhere.

It doesn't really affect me. I've played the game enough now that even if I started a new city once this is released, I know enough to make reasonable choices on how to handle the Oracle. I just see some negative possibilities this could cause with new players. I think it would be nice if Inno curbed those possibilities as much as can be.

DeletedUser110195

I concurred with the Zeus statement. It basically said that Zeus was an existing GB that would foot the bill nicely for being a freebie for a tutorial quest (small footprint, almost every player in the game builds it and keeps it, certainly useful for a starting city).
A farmer will not ever build it, it has no value to them. In a bronze age, iron age, early middle age city...it has no value. The attack GBs only start gaining value when the units base stats are high enough that it gives a significant bonus. To units whose base attack is 6 or even 9, a 30% boost is negligible. Leveling the Oracle just to 3 matches the premium iron age cultural building for happiness per tile. This starter GB, is woefully underestimated.

DeletedUser111790

again, this is an excellent GB for iron age players who only plays GE to earn diamonds to feed their main world! The 6000supplies can be converted into 150 iron age goods for negotiation in GE.

DeletedUser109296

It's only been how many years for Inno to wake up on this one of many points that newer players don't understand? I'd be surprised if the tutorial mentions not leveling another's GB. This thing is 3x3. Why a larger footprint than Zeus for a "demo GB" that will need to be trashed? I agree with the comment that Zeus should've been the GB for this tutorial.
I've been playing for almost 2 years & helping newer players understand FoE better for about 18 months, most have the same questions, but still there's things they don't know to ask about. :( I now have 3 chapters written: "For Newer Players", "Great Buildings", & "Military".

DeletedUser111351

I'd be surprised if the tutorial mentions not leveling another's GB.
This isn't the type of thing that belongs in a tutorial. That's player/social etiquette. Their job is to explain how the game functions, not how players have decided it should be played.

This thing is 3x3. Why a larger footprint than Zeus for a "demo GB" that will need to be trashed?
Footprint size is also fine. It takes up less space than the buildings of the lower ages that would be used to duplicate its production. So long as it does that it is worth any size. Once one can produce more in the same space is when it has outstayed its usefulness.

The "need to be trashed" is the real cause for concern.

DeletedUser111858

I am going to be someone who squawks .... this GB has really annoyed me. I have spent the past 3 three weeks painstakingly building up a new city and accumulating points .. only to be pushed further and further down the hood ranks every time I log on because some brand new player has sailed past me with a shiny new GB and more than double the points I put in so much effort to get. If a GB like this was going to be introduced it should have been made available to everyone up to the end of Iron Age. Hoods often cross over 2 ages as players move up between shuffles. Everyone in a hood should be treated equally.
Please don't tell me I can get BPs for it myself by helping to level others ... realistically that is not going to happen any time soon.
And yes...I understand this has only affected a relatively small number of players who were in the wrong place at the wrong time ... stuck in the middle of Iron Age at the time this building was introduced ... but for those of us who are affected it is extremely frustrating .... in my case so much so that I am asking support to delete my city.

DeletedUser110195

I'm not going say that the Oracle will be useful forever, it won't, but it will be impressively useful for much longer than devs and mods think it will. With very minimal effort it will match the happiness of a premium cultural building AND the supplies of a premium production building, those things maintain their worth for multiple ages past their own, this having the values of both, will keep it worth having even longer.

DeletedUser111790

note that: the questline to get the new GB could actually act as an early stage bonous of 20 fps to push your tech tree.
you can finish that quest in a much later time so as to get into the iron age within 4 hours.