• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

fed up with bugs

DeletedUser2670

fed up with the bugs on this world and others, 5 times now i have sold a resourse when i have enough and brought another only to have a internal service error and lose it and i get neither back, the frigging thing even takes the money i payed for it, completly fed up with this game now. am slowly coming to conclusion that innogames is all about you spending money on here for things like diamonds, why should i , its only a browser game and it not that the winner of any world get a monetry prize.

innogames needs to buck their ideas up, and it they cant manage a game without bugs, then they should work it all out before putting it out.

DeletedUser

"they should work it all out before putting it out."

sorry dude but that's the definition of a beta right there

DeletedUser2456

fed up with the bugs on this world and others, 5 times now i have sold a resourse when i have enough and brought another only to have a internal service error and lose it and i get neither back, the frigging thing even takes the money i payed for it, completly fed up with this game now. am slowly coming to conclusion that innogames is all about you spending money on here for things like diamonds, why should i , its only a browser game and it not that the winner of any world get a monetry prize.

innogames needs to buck their ideas up, and it they cant manage a game without bugs, then they should work it all out before
putting it out.

Sodded off,

Im sorry for the bugs you are recieving on the Cirgard server.

As on most server's everything is still buggy because its still in BETA.

innogames needs to buck their ideas up, and it they cant manage a game without bugs, then they should work it all out before
putting it out.
Innogames have been providing games since 2003 and all there games which they have released have come out to be outstanding on so many levels when they past the BETA.

Everybody is at the same stage now where we all get the same bugs and they have all been reported, FoE is very high sourceful game where the game needs to get so much infomation for it to work.

Regards,
Chromeozone

P.s Welcome to FoE Community forums :)

DeletedUser

fed up with the bugs on this world and others
Hello, and welcome to FoE, I am sorry you are upset about there being bugs. This is a beta, and we, as players, are here to find these bugs, and report them to the FoE team so they can then fix them. We play a big part in the development of the game, and we can also give ideas to them for things to implement in the game. We are all stuck dealing with bugs at the moment, and as we report them, they will be fixed.
5 times now i have sold a resource when i have enough and brought another only to have a internal service error and lose it and i get neither back, the frigging thing even takes the money i payed for it
I am not sure what this is you are talking about. A resource meaning a good, IE, lumber, marble, dye, wine, or something different? If it is this sometimes you have to reload the page for them to come into your stock, but there has been a report on this type thing in the past to where the goods did not show up for a couple days for some reason or another, here is the post on that: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?963-made-trade-did-not-recieve-goods

Either way, if this is not what you are talking about, please use the search function to see if it has actually been reported before, I did, but returned nothing other than that post, but you could submit an in-game support ticket by right clicking in village, clicking support, and following the instructions. This will get the information to the right people, and get your problem sorted.
Another thing is to submit a bug report in forum, the link for this is at the bottom of this post.

am slowly coming to conclusion that innogames is all about you spending money on here for things like diamonds, why should i , its only a browser game and it not that the winner of any world get a monetry prize.
A lot of browser games have premium pay items, but this game is one that you do not have to buy anything to be able to be a good player, and grow your city to become a great empire.
I will put a link to a great guide for you to look at, at the bottom of this post.

innogames needs to buck their ideas up, and it they cant manage a game without bugs, then they should work it all out before putting it out.

The reason for releasing a beta is for us, the players to help them find the bugs, and be a bigger part of the creation of the game in general. They are going far with this game, and I can guarantee you that at the end of this journey, the game will be a great accomplishment.

I really do hope you hang in there, and give the game a chance, and remember, if you need information on something, just ask in the questions forum, but not before searching for what you need answers to through the search bar at top right of the forums.
Thanks for playing FoE.

Bug report section: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/forumdisplay.php?33-Bug-Report-section
Guide: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?1551-Draft-Guide-for-beginners
Check out more guides in that section as well.
Questions&answers section: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/forumdisplay.php?18-Questions-FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just wanted to say that Herluth's reply is the best reply I have read from anyone offering advice in this game.
It is well written and thought out and gives more then the usual *stop complaining its a Beta game* response.

Offering useful links and offering good advise.

Thank you Herluth.

DeletedUser

This is a very stupid post. This game is in BETA.

Erm....yes that is true of course. Yet they are not too shy to charge stupid amounts of money for gems, even though the game is not finished yet, are they?

If they really wanted the game tested, gems would be free, but they aren't, are they?

So I call your BS, and ask you to see if you can conjure up an at least halfway meaningful explanation

Edit for clarification, since I came across rather agitated: I would never ever spend even a single euro on gems, as long as the worst bugs aren't ironed out yet. I realize that developing a game costs large sums of money, but sadly I don't own large sums of money, so before I actually spend anything on a product, I want to at least be sure that said product works.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just wanted to say that Herluth's reply is the best reply I have read from anyone offering advice in this game.
It is well written and thought out and gives more then the usual *stop complaining its a Beta game* response.

Offering useful links and offering good advise.

Thank you Herluth.

You are most welcome, and I thank you for complimenting my post.

Erm....yes that is true of course. Yet they are not too shy to charge stupid amounts of money for gems, even though the game is not finished yet, are they?

If they really wanted the game tested, gems would be free, but they aren't, are they?

So I call your BS, and ask you to see if you can conjure up an at least halfway meaningful explanation

Edit for clarification, since I came across rather agitated: I would never ever spend even a single euro on gems, as long as the worst bugs aren't ironed out yet. I realize that developing a game costs large sums of money, but sadly I don't own large sums of money, so before I actually spend anything on a product, I want to at least be sure that said product works.

Cheers

This game is free, no one has ever asked anyone to buy diamonds, if you have ever read through the forums, and seen Blacksmith even tell everyone to hold off on diamonds until the price drops, which it will, eventually. Every game wants you to pay for playing it, it is a fact of life, but FoE has never out right told people to buy diamonds.

We are all testing the game for the FoE team rather we buy diamonds, or not, if you do not see it as worth it, by all means, do not buy any diamonds, it is as simple as that.

BTW, the bugs you speak of are being fixed, and when the new update comes out sometime early July, this is when the bulk of the fixes will be added.

I know it has been said before, but a little patience can go along way, this game is just beginning, they have to work on it to make it work right, and it just does not come out perfectly built with no errors.

Thanks for playing FoE.

DeletedUser

Firstly - thanks Herluth for your fantastic responses above :)

Secondly - yes it is BETA - this means the game will have bugs, will not be complete and may in fact actually not work properly, yep 100% agree with all that, its normal, every game company does it, I have Beta tested and developed for other games and the same thing occurs...

Thirdly - In terms of the Diamonds, this has been discussed with the Innogames Team. Basically if we made the price of diamonds really cheap, say $10 for 10,000, then decided when we release the game that the price should be $100 for 1,000 people would all scream and say it was unfair, those people who played Beta bought thousands for almost nothing and and have these huge cities we can never compete with them, they should all be reset and start again... which would upset some people also... on the other hand if we make it $100 for 1,000 now and drop it to $100 for 10,000 so as to make the price realistic and balanced people will love it and be happy... better to do this than the other way around...

DeletedUser

Carasus,

I have been in the beta on several games and I am currently an Alph in a pretty big game coming out soon. I think anyone that knows better understands and expects bugs, changes, etc.. To me, being in a Beta is fun..

In regards to your response on Diamonds... I have never had to pay to play a Beta. I honestly don't believe there should be a charge for diamonds at this point but I also understand its my option to continue playing, with or without buying diamonds. There are other solutions to trying out diamonds and keeping them in the test. For instance, you could award 1, 5 or 10 for each day a player logs in. This would actually help several things, if you think about it. There are many other ways to keep diamonds in the game with out having to pay. Setting it high to lower it later because it's easier than making it low and raising it, sounds like a sales pitch. I am a business owner and if I tried to market one of my products before it was complete, I would be out of business. Innogames, as some stated above, has been providing games since 2003. Maybe this strategy works for them and creates income while the game is in development. If so, more power to them. I am here for a limited amount of time as I simply don't agree with the paying for an incomplete game.

Please know this is not a complaint. I enjoy the game and I think you may have a good game at some point. I am making this post to simply point out another perspective.

BTW, Great post Herluth!! Wish there were more like you!

"When our civilization can no longer tolerate war, we will be conquered by those who can" - Unknown