• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

there is one in every neighbourhood...

DeletedUser

actually if u have too much land space and inexhaustible resources, the bright orange rooftops of iron age building is a happy color to look at. :D

DeletedUser14782

lol or those decorations from BA you have hiding behind a building that you never bother to delete.

DeletedUser104843

OMG dude you just brought a 2 and half year dead thread back to life!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? LOL

DeletedUser108240

Back when I did quests I had 2 blacksmiths that I kept age after age. They are good for getting through those "Finish 10 5-minute productions" quests without interrupting your serious production :-))

But I agree that there is NO excuse for keeping stone age decorations into later ages. That is just zero blueprints guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9168

why keep the blacksmiths between the quests? i mean, they take so many hours to build when you need them.

DeletedUser64962

Back when I did quests I had 2 blacksmiths that I kept age after age. They are good for getting through those "Finish 10 5-minute productions" quests without interrupting your serious production :-))

But I agree that there is NO excuse for keeping stone age decorations into later ages. That is just zero blueprints guaranteed.

Nihilistic crapola (with respect). every city needs its old town hippy quarter with park and stonehenge, keeps people happy. Don't build just for points, there's got to be some aesthetics involved as well. Sim City wasn't that bad a game...

DeletedUser108240

Nihilistic crapola (with respect). every city needs its old town hippy quarter with park and stonehenge, keeps people happy. Don't build just for points, there's got to be some aesthetics involved as well. Sim City wasn't that bad a game...
You are right. I am strictly a funkis person, Very proud that I have built up my happiness GBs enough to now have a totally Culture Free city. Still not there but working towards a a city with neither residences nor supplies producers also :-))
love Villow

DeletedUser110131

Sometimes you just cant get rid of a building who carries a lot of happy memories with it...
I'm not going to ask what happy memories you have from a goat farm...

what about Late Middle Age players with lumber camps??
Some possible reasons: Trading down for BA goods can be a laborious process; producing it yourself can be easier. You may have the space, but not the population for a higher era building; producing lumber is better than not producing anything, and the coin/supplies to build the mill is virtually nothing. BA goods are often used in FP for goods trades, and can be in high demand (nobody tell n00bs about it). You may be filling a need in your guild; if there's a shortage of BA/IA members, the goods will still be needed for both GBs and trades. Possibly, as someone suggested, you want to help out n00bs who would take a long time to produce what you can do quickly. You take advantage of higher age players who lack the patience to trade down at reasonable prices, and don't have the space to produce lumber themselves; the number of trades to get from PME to BA can wear anyone out.

There are plenty of good reasons to have lower era goods buildings.

However, other than being in IA, there are no socially acceptable reasons for having a goat farm.

DeletedUser110195

I'm not going to ask what happy memories you have from a goat farm...

Some possible reasons: Trading down for BA goods can be a laborious process; producing it yourself can be easier.
However, other than being in IA, there are no socially acceptable reasons for having a goat farm.
I'd say, for the purposes of trading, one should build goods buildings of even numbered ages(IA/HMA/Colonial/etc) and always trade down, you get what you're after faster and need less space dedicated to out of date goods. As for coins and supplies, you should always build what gives the highest number per tile...if you want to help friends/guildies with polivating for blueprints, drop clusters of 1 tile decorations from each age, 2 polishes per decoration, everyone gets what they want.

DeletedUser110179

I am so oo oo going to get told off for posting this. Sue me.
j8p4si.jpg

... and not just one left there for posterity, or as a museum.
Seriously don't people figure out they can remove buildings? Are they playing sim city?
---
tracey
high on her hill
Nothing is more nauseating than players showing off their spacious city by placing buildings that have no conceivable value.
Just because they can. ♬

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Major-General
I have to admit that, nostalgically, I've still got my Monastery in my CE city giving its 20% Defence even though I have more than enough Watchfires and Ritual Flames that would give 36% Defence for the same city footprint.

DeletedUser110179

I have to admit that, nostalgically, I've still got my Monastery in my CE city giving its 20% Defence even though I have more than enough Watchfires and Ritual Flames that would give 36% Defence for the same city footprint.
Monastery.png
A very pretty building indeed ... it's not all about form and function.

I just love the Mad Scientist's Lab eventhough fp production is a bit low.
People just want to hang around your city and look further when they see that one.

DeletedUser110195

You also can't just rebuild it at a whim, that's a "Once it's gone, you never get it back" building. Besides, if you're like me and you habitually place every ritual flame and watchfire, you can make attackers soil themselves at your defense %.....mine is 196 with only 4 levels between St. Basils and Deal. ;)

DeletedUser111502

i am so oo oo going to get told off for posting this.

sue me.

View attachment 2064

and not just one left there for posterity, or as a museum.

seriously don't people figure out they can remove buildings? are they playing sim city?

---
tracey
high on her hill

It's nearly as bad as having the Colosseum or Notre Dame!

DeletedUser

Today I saw a player in my neighbourhood in the High Middle Ages who had five Goat Farms.

DeletedUser100832

that's alright

There are OF players with blacksmiths everywhere. What noobs :P

Dead-Eye

General
I am in CA with some IA players in my hood. I see BA buildings all the time whilst out for a spot of plundering.