• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Lots of beers for the Devs

DeletedUser110195

while I see many people in modern having arctic future GBs
That can be done by buying the goods with forge points, it's actually fairly common. You strike an agreement to dump a small mountain of FPs on GBs of an advanced players choosing, they trade advanced goods for low end goods you don't need. That in a nutshell is how a lot of high age GBs are built in low end cities. Of course nothing is stopping someone from diamonding up a bunch of GBs, get a piece of each BP, buy the rest with diamonds, buy the goods with diamonds, drop it in the mud and buy the FPs needed to get it out of the mud with diamonds, and if necessary, buy the diamond expansions to plant the building.

DeletedUser103370

That can be done by buying the goods with forge points, it's actually fairly common. You strike an agreement to dump a small mountain of FPs on GBs of an advanced players choosing, they trade advanced goods for low end goods you don't need. That in a nutshell is how a lot of high age GBs are built in low end cities. Of course nothing is stopping someone from diamonding up a bunch of GBs, get a piece of each BP, buy the rest with diamonds, buy the goods with diamonds, drop it in the mud and buy the FPs needed to get it out of the mud with diamonds, and if necessary, buy the diamond expansions to plant the building.

Sure, I did that myself too, I got my Traz 3 ages lower. However most of them I'm sure using diamonds, for example in my guild there are some people too. I'm aiding nearly every single day, got a reasonable amount of high age friends (only a couple in my guild though, and I only have maybe 1 or two very high age BPs. Most who I asked used diamonds, and of course they can, so there's nothing wrong with it, it's just the concept what I don't like, in a way instead of "working for it", you just get your briefcase and buy yourself through. But this is another argument, I don't wanna off this topic :)

I understand nobody does this out of good will, they want to get money, so I make my peace with it, but only as long as there is still a light chance, that with hard work and tenacity I can still be somewhat successful.
This, I believe, should be a guiding principle used for what cash can do. If someone can always beat you so long as they pay more money, then the interest in the game will be lost.

There are plenty of examples around where this balance has been over-stepped and killed the game, sometimes even the company operating the game.

DeletedUser110327

To continue this thread I'd like to throw out 3 ideas that might help to generate revenue.

1 - I would be happy to pay a monthly subscription in return for say a small icon on my avatar letting others know I'm a subscriber and one or two small monthly rewards for being a subscriber. £10 a month for subscribing in return for a special icon and say a few diamonds I'm sure would be beneficial to both players and the Devs.

2 - A new Great Building. A 3x3 statue of a soldier holding up a sword. This GB would be different in that you do not get Blueprints for levelling it. The only place you can get blueprints for it would be 1 blueprint from the chest after encounter 48 in GE and 1 blueprint from the final chest after encounter 64. Once you have a full set of blueprints, you construct your new GB and the only rewards available for helping to level it would be medals and forge points.

Forge points would NOT increase its levels. If you wanted to take this GB to level 2, you would need a second full set of blueprints, only available from the chests after encounters 48 and 64. Once you have a second full set of blueprints you can take it to the next level with forge points.

There would be absolutely no other way to gain blueprints for this GB other than from completing levels 3 and 4 of GE. Each level from level 1 onwards would require a second full set of blueprints only available from GE.

To make this GB worth pushing through GE for I suggest a weekly payout rather than a daily, with one new military unit from the next higher age being the weekly reward for a level 1 GB. That should be enough incentive to have everyone pushing to complete GE every week.

Level 2 you could add say 20 goods to the military unit, again paid weekly. Level 3 could add 20 forge points to the military unit and the goods, again paid weekly. Other levels could add medals, increase forge points and goods, with perhaps a 2nd next age military unit being added at level 5.

I would think a purely GE oriented GB would be beneficial to everyone, players and Devs.

3 - What about adding another tab to the shop in the tavern, where you can buy stuff for diamonds, like rogue hideouts, SoKs, HoFs, Caravansary's etc. I'm sure folks would be willing to pay £30 - £40 for good quest buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

If we started paying a monthly sub, then the whole free to play model goes out the window and diamonds in game make no sense. It's either a subscription fee, or diamond buying, but both will kill this game faster than anything else.

DeletedUser110327

Hello mate, sorry, I wasn't suggesting making the game entirely subscription based, I was thinking more of adding the option to the free play model for those who wish to support the Devs.

DeletedUser103370

If we started paying a monthly sub, then the whole free to play model goes out the window and diamonds in game make no sense. It's either a subscription fee, or diamond buying, but both will kill this game faster than anything else.

Maybe that's true as well, but I can see it working too. For example monthly fees gives some special perks, still if someone don't wanna invest only sometimes, then he can still purchase other stuff. Though this is not my territory, I don't do it either way, and it's true we have to be cautious with these kind of things.

DeletedUser110195

To make paying real money for in game advantages work, it has to be purely free to play, and pay for advantages. If someone wants to suggest a monthly payment schedule for something...though I don't know why that couldn't work under the current system, by paying whatever for 30 days of whatever, that's something else entirely, but if players have to pay to play AND deal with people who pay more for in game advantages, you'll see FoE die the quickest death.

DeletedUser103370

You know my view on this @Augustavian, I despise pay to play style, even said that it's already too many advantages credit-cards give. But what @George Mac proposed as far as I understand are basically only visual perks, and a way to support devs if you choose to.

Of course this can be done different ways too, for example instead of monthly fees there could be a donate page, and donation could result in the same kind of perks.

While it's money the devs live off, there are other contributors who might not be paying but deserve at least equal recognition. People such as the forum moderators.