• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Increase siege costs on the All Ages map

• Thread starter DeletedUser108688
  • Start date

rjs66

Lieutenant
a design flaw that allows those that put the effort in to get the rewards and those that want to get something for nothing don't ?

DeletedUser103370

a design flaw that allows those that put the effort in to get the rewards and those that want to get something for nothing don't ?

Come on man, "for nothing"? Really? :)
So in your interpretation 2-3 guilds makes the effort, the rest are just a bunch of lazy asses who want reward for nothing?
I can hardly believe that you don't understand what we're saying.

You know, you're saying that, like we were asking for a free spot for anyone who cares for it.

The design-flaw as I referred to it, merely means that the mechanics favor the kind of situation we have atm. in AA. Surely you can understand, that it's not a coincidence it is like that.

I'm wondering how much would you enjoy the game, if from tomorrow the rest of us lazy asses who don't make any effort would be gone from the whole game, and those top 2-3 guilds would stay to play by themselves...

One more thing, personally I don't give a rat's ass about AA, our guild can barely manage to start a simple medium era GVG campaign in every 2nd-3rd month anyway. (though this is for another discussion)

Last edited by a moderator:

rjs66

Lieutenant
i understand completely what is being said, rather than compete with exactly the same tools and chances as everybody else has some people want it changed to make it easier for themselves for less effort
if someone got to the top anyone can, it's no coincidence that some guilds are dominating the maps - their strategy is obviously working
it's no fault of the game mechanics, they don't favour one player over another , they are exactly the same for everyone
what does favour one player / guild over another is strategy and that is down the players

no guild is invincible , no guild or player has any advantage over any other, everyone has access to the same resources, learn to use them instead of trying to change the mechanics of the game every time you hit an obstacle

the biggest obstacle to people competing is their belief that they can't compete

DeletedUser103370

:) But m8, you really don't get it!

No matter who gets there if there can only be 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't you see???
It's not about tools, it's not even about effort for god's sake!
Listen, there are a limited number of hardcore players right?
If they get together in 2-3 guilds, then the rest will not be able to compete! No matter what you do, no matter how many hours or energy you put into it!
Try to imagine a pie chart of all the players!
In this chart maybe 10%-5% of players could have been considered hardcore.
The vaaaaaast majority are just ordinary players. Then there are the two clickers.
At the moment, even of those at the very top, only 2-3 guilds are ABLE to have a fighting chance! And if someone from the other top guilds are lucky enough to get stronger, then they take the place of one who was there initially!
We are still at 2-3 guilds!
If there were let's say 15-20 guilds who could continuously compete with each other, then nobody would complain.
But I see you consider it a privilege, and you rather sit there and laughing at the rest, so suit yourself and enjoy.

I also recommend renaming the All Ages map to the Top 2 Arena Map, coz it seems it's exclusively there for your entertainment...

Oh and right, make it even more unbalanced, because of the rewards there is an even bigger and ever-growing gap between the top and the rest of the world...

rjs66

Lieutenant
lets put it in simple economic terms :

if someone works 12 hours a day for the same rate as someone who works 6 hours a day they could reasonably expect to earn twice as much

your view says that if the average is 6 hours then anyone who works 12 hours should only get 9 hours pay, work more get even less

would you accept being paid less for more work ?

DeletedUser110195

No, what is being suggested here is that two guys get jobs, and then burn any applications filled out by other people so no one can ever get hired there. THAT is the proper job analogy for the AA map.

rjs66

Lieutenant
do you really expect to start the game , play a couple of months and get the same benefits as those that have been playing for years ?

the statistics on forge-db are very revealing

DeletedUser110195

Then the so-called all ages map needs to be renamed the current end-game age map and cost goods of that age, if no one else is allowed to have a chance then why the hell is it trying to pretend that everyone has a shot there?

DeletedUser99616

Yes that's why its all ages pal... because you can use troops from all ages in there... what your saying is were not allowed to use our AF/OE troops cos u cant compete... so basically u want to punish big guilds by upping siege costs and you still wouldn't be able to compete! So this imaginary pie chart 80% of the guilds wouldn't be able to participate anyway because they are not in a high enough age. Not hard really is it? x

DeletedUser103370

No, what we are saying is make rules, which will make it possible that more than the few elite top teams are able use a common game feature.
And no, before you say it's possible, it's not, since if it was, then it wouldn't be like it is now...

That's easy isn't it?

lets put it in simple economic terms :

if someone works 12 hours a day for the same rate as someone who works 6 hours a day they could reasonably expect to earn twice as much

your view says that if the average is 6 hours then anyone who works 12 hours should only get 9 hours pay, work more get even less

would you accept being paid less for more work ?

And that's just a pile of c..p, again the cocky attitude, you work so hard while the rest of us are just scratching their asses....

It's also not hard to understand that simply can't be a concentration of hardcore players in every guild, you see it's simple math and logic. Not everyone is able to play the game 24/7, in fact the majority aren't. Alas you can work as hard as you want, if you don't have the numbers in core players.

If there is 50 core players, 850 regular, and a 100 2 clickers, and 40 of the core ones are concentrated in a guild, the rest is scattered, then what do you think who will be able to compete with them? Do you think it's because the rest doesn't have players who are dedicated?
Or maybe, just maybe because if there's only 5 dedicated people in a guild and there is no other possible recruits, then it doesn't matter what that 5 player does, they can work 24 hours instead of your 12 - to compare it to your analogy -, still it won't be enough.

But since you're so good, I invite you to come play in a let's say 40th guild in ranks, and then show us your superiority how to compete in AA ;)

This is again a fine example why server wide polls would be more efficient in deciding what would the majority like, since I'm pretty sure all of you who fight so hard against an idea which was proposed to make a feature enjoyable for more than 2-3 guilds, are in those top guilds...

Ironically exactly those core players are here in the forum too, no wonder the votes doesn't reflect a real picture.

rjs66

Lieutenant
so you can't get a team of dedicated players into your guild ? says more about your guild than it does about the game mechanics

do you really expect that a few players who haven't been playing long in a small guild that hasn't been around long, even if they could produce the resources needed would have the troops at a high enough level to compete against FE / AF / OE units

you are trying to run before you can walk

ideas to "ham-string" established guilds and players who have been on here for 5 years aren't about making the game fairer or better
they are about people who start playing and want everything that long term players have got but they don't want to earn it, they want everything, they want it now and they want it for free

DeletedUser103370

so you can't get a team of dedicated players into your guild ? says more about your guild than it does about the game mechanics

do you really expect that a few players who haven't been playing long in a small guild that hasn't been around long, even if they could produce the resources needed would have the troops at a high enough level to compete against FE / AF / OE units

you are trying to run before you can walk

ideas to "ham-string" established guilds and players who have been on here for 5 years aren't about making the game fairer or better
they are about people who start playing and want everything that long term players have got but they don't want to earn it, they want everything, they want it now and they want it for free

Hasn't been around long enough? :)
My guild exists for more than 3 years... We have several GB-Clubs, participate in GE, and when we have the resources campaigns in GVG. We support building of Traz for all members, and have a very active leadership. Unfortunately, having 2 hardcore players, a few more active ones and the rest as regular players doesn't even get us close to be able to compete in AA, and it never will. If one day we'll be able to recruit enough hardcore players who already have enormous cities, then we'll have a chance, otherwise what do you think how long would it take for any player to catch up with the really big guys in this game? Oh yeah, spend a small fortune on diamonds, then you're good to go...

I'm around for nearly 4 years too. I play the game every day, usually login twice.
But you must be right, we just try to run before walk... :DDD

And I'm pretty sure that there are dozens of other guilds who are even more established than us, and don't have any chance whatsoever to compete in AA, so we don't even try.

As I said, it's a personal playground of the top 2-3 guilds, it should be renamed as the Top 2 Arena, because in it's core it has nothing to do with what it's name suggests...

ps. you say if I can't get enough dedicated players into my guild, that means our guild is sh.t.
you have some weird logic man, really. seems you can't really use your head and understand, that there is a limited number of dedicated players in any game. which means it is NOT possible for every guild to have enough dedicated players. simple as that. NOT because they're crap, but because in time established guilds suck up most of these players...

rjs66

Lieutenant
so if you're guild is so good and you haven't managed to get enough of the "limited" number of dedicated players what are you doing wrong if your not at the top with the other guilds ?

you have just as much chance as everyone else, what you do with that chance is up to you and your guild

trying to change the game mechanics to suit yourself is not going to help the game
changing what you're doing to be effective and succeed is what is required

if you give up and try to change things that you are finding difficult is a sure way to fail

DeletedUser103370

If I get those dedicated players from you, then you won't be able to compete, still 2 guilds will have the possibility to dominate.
If another guild gets those people, then another will be sqeezed out, still you'll have 2 guilds to dominate.
And so on...

Also it's not about my guild, it's about the rest
Atm in Houndsmoor there is 3665 guilds. You sayin' 3663 are just a pack of incompetent and effortless bunch right?

rjs66

Lieutenant
not at all what i'm saying

i'm saying that those at the top are those who a trying the hardest
all guilds and players started at low level , some rose through the ranks some didn't
good players and good guilds are made, they don't magically appear
if you want to be at the top then work for it, as a team
stop complaining that you can't compete against those higher up than you, they aren't there by magic or some fault of the game mechanics

the guild i'm in on my main world weren't always at the top or even close, we set our sights on getting to the top and went for it
we built up the guild and went through a lot of players finding those that wanted to progress and helped them grow
when we hit an obstacle we didn't complain and try to change the game, we worked out what was needed from the guild and focused on that
when knocked back we picked ourselves up and tried again and again and again

all it takes is the desire to succeed and the drive to do so
the first step is to be better than the guild 1 place above , then 1 place above that and so on

it takes time, dedication and perseverance - what 1 guild can do , any guild can do

DeletedUser103370

I can only repeat myself. If you get there, then others won't be able to be there. So doesn't matter who is there, what matters is that only the top 2-3 dominates. And that's not because they do it so well, but because the system favors this kind of balance. Simple as that.

all the big guilds who manage to do well in GvG have done is to get a good team of players together, who are willing to put in the time and effort to achieve something, it is not a trivial thing to do

the main thrust of a lot of ideas seems to be "punish those who work hard and do well, whilst handing stuff to those who don't want to work hard"

the big guilds have done nothing that any other guild can't achieve
what it takes is:

get rid of the dead wood from the guild, keep those that work hard for the guild
make a plan to build up the resources you require and focus your efforts in the right place
plan your campaign rather than just attack stuff at random
make sure you keep working on producing the resources you need to hang on to what you have earned

if you don't try you won't succeed
trying to change the rules to suit those that can't be bothered to put in the effort is a sign that you are already defeated before you even start

Exactly

It doesn't really matter if any guild works hard or not, if there is space for only the 2-3 biggest ones, and the rest of the 800 guilds are sqeezed out :)

No one cries that it's unfair, it's simply - by the design flaw - only allows 2-3 top guilds to dominate, which eventually means those are playing AA by themselves...
And I refuse to believe that only those guilds work so hard that they deserve a spot.

There are plenty of landing zones on every map. Land on one and start "Working" on it. Build up you guild, recruit good members, and stop saying "Oh Woes Wit Me"! Try working hard like everyone else who has progressed thru the game. I've played for years to get where I'm at; others want to do it in days.

rjs66

Lieutenant
if you think only 2 or 3 guilds can dominate the map then aim to be one of them
if every guild tried to do that then it would change things dramatically wouldn't it

DeletedUser103370

if you think only 2 or 3 guilds can dominate the map then aim to be one of them
if every guild tried to do that then it would change things dramatically wouldn't it

:))
Sure, all 40 thousand of us should aim to be in the top 2 right? :)

No matter how you twist it, to whom you're trying to put the blame, facts are facts.
2-3 guilds dominate AA. Not for a week or so, it is how it is.
And the system should favor the masses not the few...

rjs66

Lieutenant
that is a defeatist attitude - if you can't be bothered to even try don't complain when you fail