• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #6 2017-06-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

poor defence = auto fight = plunder = 24 hour window to find something

poor defence = auto fight = plunder = 24 hour window to find something
Yeah, it's that 24-hr window thing I'm pondering at the moment, in relation to the bug thread.
On the app, (wish I could upload the graphic but the forum software won't do it) there is an Aid (polivate) button and an attack button on players in the neighbourhood. After an attack, these are in grey with timers, counting down to when a player can do either again. The times are the same for both buttons. There is no seperate plunder button unless one goes into the town (and not usually then .. I'm still new to the idea of plundering later, so that may be because I have already plundered?). The town's plunder button has no timer - the button is either there or not - so to know the plunder time the closest approximation (see below) is to go back to the neighbour list.

I assume (have not verified) that the timer is from the beginning of the attack. I.e. the time is taken at the point a player decides to attack.
I assume (have not verified and don't know how without another player to check) that the timing for plundering is from the end of the attack. I.e. the time that the attack resolution determines that plunder is possible.

However, if I am wrong and inno have set it up the other way around, that would explain the plunder timing bug and how come it is possible to plunder twice in a 24-hour period.

When I have sorted out my thoughts and tried some verification, I'll post onto the bug thread.

@Amy Steele
Sorry about the double-post. The software showed Dane thorson's post after #142, I'm sure. Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Can you merge the posts or get rid of #142 please?

Last edited:
Nah, I'm trying to work out how to get my town back in order.

Not so long ago, the goods buildings were down "East Street", production was from the centre out to the south, the military campus was between those two, residences were (mostly) to the west, and happiness buildings kinda fitted in and around.

Then I got a complete blueprint for Hagia Sofia, so had to kick and shuffle things around to get that behemoth in. Then came a free 4x5 farm which I reckoned I might as well use, so the town had to squeeze and push like passengers in an underground train. Then comes a 5x4 maze to get in somewhere so a few other buildings had to be moved (a whole new meaning to moving house). Now I am contemplating where I might fit two summer specials in, an 8x4 and a 6x4, while also wanting to get some aesthetics back to my layout and construct a Tower of Babel.

DeletedUser110179

But if there is no plunder available, getting 100 points for a 4-minute attack is a waste of time.
Perhaps, not entirely.

You still get battle points and many players do attack without plundering for that very reason.
However, you need to plunder something (even the lowliest house) to have the chance of getting a bluprint
(It's slightly less than the 2% chance you would have when aiding). ●

That's a good point about blueprints, though as you say, there must be something to plunder.

My current neighbourhood is strange: at the top end are people obviously holding back from moving beyond HMA, while there are many players even in EMA who just have huts and hunters. I have no idea what kind of game those latter people are playing!

DeletedUser110131

there are many players even in EMA who just have huts and hunters. I have no idea what kind of game those latter people are playing!
I think they fall into two categories:
1) Those who just log in for a few minutes, have no clue what to do with the FPs, dump them in the tech tree, and then forget all about the game for another couple of days.
2) Those who have misunderstood the purpose of the game entirely, and believe that it's a race to reach the highest possible age, as quickly as possible, and that the best way of doing this is to dump all FPs into the tech tree. Since they progress too fast, they have no time to produce coins and supplies to build, and end up with outdated buildings. Of course, they're wrong on both purpose and method, and will slow to an involuntary crawl, as soon as the tech tree starts requiring more FPs and goods.

That sounds accurate. I'm guessing it is that latter group who (probably belatedly) build goods buildings, having never stepped foot on the map to gain the 400% boost.

DeletedUser110195

Indeed, it's a cheap culture building you get rid of when you can build a school ;)

vikingraider

Emperor
I'm often surprised by the number of people who have all goods buildings of an age because they don't realise you get a boost for 2 from the map.

DeletedUser110195

Some people just don't know, some people, inexplicably, DO know and deliberately build them, not just for a repeatable side quest but because they think it's somehow worth it.

DeletedUser110195

Absolutely, what you get out of a not-boosted building is 1/2/4/6 I think.

People having non-boosted goods buildings should be banned! They should have care for a plunderer like me, who puts his own troops at risk in attacking him only to end up with just one goods. It's terrible how inconsiderate some people are!

DeletedUser108047

almost as bad as those people who put their Mad Scientists Lab on the 5 minute production for naff all supplies and leave it there to be plundered!

Status
Not open for further replies.