• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Social Interactions] Allow players to buy friend invites from Tavern

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109385

Proposal:
Allow players to buy friend invites from Tavern

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?No

Reason:
After reading through the Forum a lot of those veteran players want more than 140 or 180 invites, although I don't really care about friend invites I might have a solution for those veteran players which is this idea.

Details:
There will simply be a Social interaction Icon when you enter the Tavern market where you can buy friend invites in packages. For example 1 friend invite 1000 sliver coins, 30 friend invites 12000 silver coins just to save on silver coins by not actually buying friend invites one by one as friend invites aren't really that much valuable.

Visual Aids:
Nothing

Balance:
All balanced

Abuse Prevention:
No abuse

Summary:
Really simple idea

DeletedUser110195

A really simple idea that doesn't dilute the prize pool of GE chests AND adds something useful to the tavern? Sign me up!
+1

+1

I actually mentioned this idea in a reply on another thread recently, before seeing this proposal.

I think the friend invites need to cost a great deal more, though, and should probably be incrementally more expensive (3000, 6000, 12000, 24000 … ?) as there is a balance issue given that more friends = more gold and more tavern silver.

DeletedUser110195

Honestly, getting friend invites from lowbies is beneficial to both players, the lowbie gets access to higher aged blueprints, the vet gets an extra source of low end blueprints beyond GB contributions. Every new player should aim for higher level players on their friend list with their 80 invites, plenty of other lowbies to get blueprints from by aiding.

An older idea in the same vein, win friend invites from GE, seems to be the better way to go, if it's ever done. An item that sits in your inventory until needed, low chance of getting them, so you're still better off taking invites when they pop up. It would just be a way for vets to add that odd neighbor who's probably going to be lost in the next shuffle, but is a reliable FP swapper.

DeletedUser107699

I am totally for the Tavern Friends Invite, some of us have a large quantity of SoKs and and other buildings that need aid daily, and as you play the game over the years, you meet different veteran players that you become friends with or need to trade with etc, Having the option for the invite purchase is a great idea. If you dont want it, dont buy it but atleast the option for the other players is there.

DeletedUser653

I already spend half my life clicking in this game and have no wish to do more clicking so while I still have to aid 140 players and sit with 140 taverns and still have excess silver i see no need to get silly on friends. So
I would support an increase in the 80 allowed invites without increasing the total allowed of 140 - if anyone has posted this idea please post me the link and i will vote for it

DeletedUser103370

I already spend half my life clicking in this game and have no wish to do more clicking so while I still have to aid 140 players and sit with 140 taverns and still have excess silver i see no need to get silly on friends. So
I would support an increase in the 80 allowed invites without increasing the total allowed of 140 - if anyone has posted this idea please post me the link and i will vote for it

I just don't see the correlation between your friends number, and the possible maximum you can get :)
In other words, who said that you'd have to have more than the current number of friends?

DeletedUser110195

I just don't see the correlation between your friends number, and the possible maximum you can get :)
In other words, who said that you'd have to have more than the current number of friends?
No one, that's who. This would be a thing to use when you have above 80 and find someone you want to add, or at 140 while cutting some, if not dead weight, then dragging ass weight. Having a means to invite someone, regardless of how many friends you currently have, would be a good way to improve socializing within the community, by letting active players invite one another via a rare object allowing it despite being past 80 friends.

I ... have no wish to do more clicking ...
Nobody is suggesting that you have to do anything.

...so while I still have to aid 140 players and sit with 140 taverns ...
You do not have to do this. You can, if you wish, cut down to 50 friends, or 10, or have none at all. 140 is a maximum; the actual number, and whom they are, is completely under your control.

DeletedUser109385

Do you really think anyone can come up with such a brilliant idea to suit all your "needs" which I am pretty sure you don't care about? You might as well give your -1 without giving any suggestions.

PomPoms

Sergeant
+1 It would certainly be helpful to not have to drop 60+ friends just so you can invite a couple. So being able to buy invites (while still not going above 140) is a great idea! Having a clean out where I delete half a dozen gnomes is no help to me as I can't invite a few I would like to have.

DeletedUser107699

+1
I think its a great idea!! For those who have made friends in hoods and want to add them as a friend using your tavern silver is great. Its also another way to lower your tavern silver total. I have maxed out my 80 invites about 18 months ago and although we seem to have solitary members who dont support, i see the majority of comments supporting it. Hopefully another moderator will see this thread and have a different opinion.

DeletedUser110117

How about a way to tell on your friends list who asked whom to be friends. I have an issue of a few people that no longer play and I've removed some from my list but still can't send more out. Some say they will return when real life settles down, but who can say how long that will be. I would just like to be able to keep my friends current as that's the most benefit from them playing regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.