• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #2 2017-05-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks!

Welcome to week 2 of this rolling competition :)

As we had no winners last week, we have a rollover! The prizes this week are:

10 x each of the Goods of your age
5 x Large Forge Point Packages

All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is to post in this thread. Full rules can be found here.

Good luck everyone! This week's competition will close at 8pm on Sunday May 21st, so make sure to post before then to be in with a chance!

DeletedUser110195

Wow, 50 FPs in packages now I REALLY care about whether I win!

DeletedUser9168

uoısɹǝʌ ǝıssnɐ ǝɥʇ ʎɹʇ ןן,ı os - uıʍ ʇ,upıp ʇxǝʇ ןɐuoıʇuǝʌuoɔ ןןǝʍ

DeletedUser110195

I guess that means the rest of us are insane, we're doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. ;)

DeletedUser9168

this forum doesn't seem to let us write invisibly anymore :(
where's byeordie when you need him for advice?

DeletedUser9168

close, but you used to be able to type in a precise colour code to match the colour perfectly before they revamped the forum style

DeletedUser110195

close, but you used to be able to type in a precise colour code to match the colour perfectly before they revamped the forum style
Only thing I could think of would be to post a comment, screenshot it, then use paint to copy the background color and write it again in paint with this color, then edit and upload that image file.

DeletedUser108047

so I have to be within 5 mins of the random time... Does that mean this post has a 1/2016 chance of winning?

DeletedUser108047

Clearly failed comprehension... and now wondering whether I'll fail stats.... so this being my 3rd post means I have a 3/5040 chance? Surely more drivel like this and I'll improve my odds :)

DeletedUser110195

Clearly failed comprehension... and now wondering whether I'll fail stats.... so this being my 3rd post means I have a 3/5040 chance? Surely more drivel like this and I'll improve my odds :)
That's right, post all the nonsense you can think of, adds to your chances and increases the silly :P

DeletedUser9168

only 1440 mins in a day, and within 2 mins either side of the time - so i don't think the odds are as high as Dane makes them (i.e. better than he says) but no idea how to work them out myself

DeletedUser110195

only 1440 mins in a day, and within 2 mins either side of the time - so i don't think the odds are as high as Dane makes them (i.e. better than he says) but no idea how to work them out myself
60(seconds)x60(minutes)x24(hours)x7(days)/120(seconds)

Then you get the odds for each post being the one chosen.

DeletedUser9168

why seconds, when it is to the nearest minute?
the day you posted doesn't matter either - last week a winner could have posted at 18:10 on monday, or 18:10 on friday, or....
so i think the odds are 4/1440 all multiplied by the number of unique guesses you have - but that doesn't take into account the fact that a spot-on guess would win instead of a guess 2 mins away.

Status
Not open for further replies.