• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event May Day Event 2017

DeletedUser102848

Is it me or are the quests identical to the last event. I'll participate for as far as I can go but I won't be able to complete it as scouting a new province and take control of a new province means I have to conquer 2 provinces at right now just taking 1 sector is near impossible with either army or negociating.

DeletedUser108216

Hey guys,

Please use this thread to discuss our upcoming May Event! You can find full details here.

Thanks!

Your Forge Team
So, when does an event become a non-event? When the final prize provides bonus coins and happiness... 2 very easily obtainable resources. Why not provide resources which are truly useful and valuable? Like space or territory? The last 2 events provided some useful buildings like the cherry gardens which, when combined, produce good stuff... but the gardens themselves take up lots of space... Yeah, i'll participate... but not with any enthusiasm or motivation to finish.

Agree 100%

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12400

Why not provide resources which are truly useful and valuable? Like space or territory?
So, when does an event become a non-event? When the final prize provides bonus coins and happiness... 2 very easily obtainable resources.
In my opinion building which provides coins boost is not bad prize at all especially for new players it definitely comes in handy.

DeletedUser110179

this is my feeling too - i don't even get the time to redesign my city to put these new buildings into it ...
So, when does an event become a non-event? When the final prize provides bonus coins and happiness... 2 very easily
It must be terrible to be a veteran in this game (everything is so fresh and exciting in the Middle Ages).

I guess it's the same in Real Life, everything becomes a bit boring and mundane in the long run. Only China of all the ancient cultures has managed to continually re-invent itself in a colossal way.

Surely, it's possible to do the same here on FoE. ▼

DeletedUser16112

Event after event after event... this is now overkill, i used to look forward to events but now there is barely time to grab a coffee between the departure of one and the arrival of the next.
My cities are full of special buildings together with more in inventory that will never get built so i guess i'll do a few quests in the hope of seeing some diamonds and then calling it a day if and when i do

Yeah it's becoming a bit hectic. Don't get me wrong, I love events - but if it's events all the time then it's not really a special thing anymore. Lets hope there is a bit of a pause after this one, or at least before the summer event.

DeletedUser109762

With your continued requirement of researching tech in these events, this will be the first event (ever) that I will not be doing.

Plus I have "event-fatigue". There is just too many.

Vesiger

Monarch
With your continued requirement of researching tech in these events, this will be the first event (ever) that I will not be doing.

Same here - I find it hard to resist a challenge, so I've been resolutely completing event after event this year. But I'm just bored of events and I really don't think I'm going to bother with this one.
(It doesn't help that there are really only so many quests they can ask you to do for event purposes, and we've done them all repeatedly already again and again in quick succession.)

joesoap

Major-General
events used to be rare, we get so many of them now that having a few weeks off to play the game has become the rarity

DeletedUser110179

Chew the meat and spit out the bones.
Events aren't compulsory, it's not like GE (in most up-and-coming guilds). Do the events that satisfy your needs and skip the ones that don't. New players may jump at every opportunity ... but older players can afford to be more selective. ▼

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bones#English

DeletedUser104620

I have always enjoyed the events - until now - being in Artic Future it is extremely difficult to accumulate enough goods to research a tech or acquire a province because everyone is using what they have to keep the Promethium coming in which is required on every tech along with tradable goods.
I really think a break from events would be a good thing, so that those of us that want to enjoy the events can build up a reserve (maybe) of goods and not get frustrated and just give up on them.

DeletedUser110419

I have always enjoyed the events - until now - being in Artic Future it is extremely difficult to accumulate enough goods to research a tech or acquire a province because everyone is using what they have to keep the Promethium coming in which is required on every tech along with tradable goods.
I really think a break from events would be a good thing, so that those of us that want to enjoy the events can build up a reserve (maybe) of goods and not get frustrated and just give up on them.

So what exactly is stopping you from taking a break from events? What is the difference between Inno having no events and you skipping events you don't wish to participate in?

DeletedUser109966

Like I said I 'want to enjoy the events'

The thing is, the events aren't necessarily for the benefit of seasoned players... they are primarily for the benefit and to interest new players... with the odd good event thrown in to keep us interested... any city going for any length of time didn't really need the Royal Garden set and certainly doesn't need a majestic Maypole, but for a new player they are great.

DeletedUser110286

ANY DANGER?

I have only been playing this game for 4 months and the "research a technology" quest is the worst of the lot. It seems its been falling on deaf developer ears...much like every other F2P game on the net....Its a shame....At 1st glance....this looked like it was separating itself from the herd...rather than joining it...

DeletedUser110179

Like I said I 'want to enjoy the events'
The thing is, the events aren't necessarily for the benefit of seasoned players...
I guess events are like a party ... everyone wants to go, even if you have the flu and it's cold out there.

Seasoned players also need to unwind from the daily grind of relentless war and carnage. The prize for coming to the party may be of little or no importance (Coming may be of sufficient reward in itself). ●

DeletedUser16112

So what exactly is stopping you from taking a break from events? What is the difference between Inno having no events and you skipping events you don't wish to participate in?

Well, if there are good buildings to be had during the event (Spring Event for example), skipping the event would lead to competitive disadvantage. If there was no event at all, that would not be a factor.

I like events, and I have saved tech to research if needed, but I think events should skip forced research (and possible scouting etc as well) if they happen as often as they have in 2017. It just messes too much with people's plans.

It's a strategy game, but if you cant have a strategy it becomes a bit wierd.

DeletedUser110419

Well, if there are good buildings to be had during the event (Spring Event for example), skipping the event would lead to competitive disadvantage. If there was no event at all, that would not be a factor.

I like events, and I have saved tech to research if needed, but I think events should skip forced research (and possible scouting etc as well) if they happen as often as they have in 2017. It just messes too much with people's plans.

It's a strategy game, but if you cant have a strategy it becomes a bit wierd.

It's a strategy game, and the events are part of that strategy (if you can learn how to use the events to your advantage). And that means knowing which events to participate in and which events to not participate in.

When it comes to "competitive disadvantage", that's admitting that some competitors have done a better job of positioning themselves (strategizing) to taking advantage of the events and the prizes that can be won.

DeletedUser110265

Sadly, I have to pass on this event... I am too far ahead on the continent map compared to my timeline, so scouting a new province and obtaining a province is gonna be a pain. Also, I am really struggling with the space in my city - provinces only provide coins and supplies (at this point), and I already used up all the expansions from the tech tree. Additionally, I am not really motivated to spend time and goods for a (subjectively) useless prize. Although its very pretty, I have enough sources for happiness as well as coin boosts.

I agree with fellow players that the frequency of the events lately is pretty high, which is a little exhausting.

DeletedUser16112

It's a strategy game, and the events are part of that strategy (if you can learn how to use the events to your advantage). And that means knowing which events to participate in and which events to not participate in.

When it comes to "competitive disadvantage", that's admitting that some competitors have done a better job of positioning themselves (strategizing) to taking advantage of the events and the prizes that can be won.

We can probably argue for months what is a strategic vs a tactical choice.

Conceptually, I feel that there is a world of difference between strategizing to develop a city and conquer known continents and tech trees, and reacting to what the devs choose to put in an event (unpredictable and often at short notice).