• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event May Day Event 2017

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
You made 'Research a Technology' mandatory, again. I won't be bothering to do this event.

And please stop with the constant reminder, every single time I log in throughout each and every event, that an event is going on. The only player that doesn't know an event is going on, after being reminded twice, is the same player that hasn't logged in for awhile because they forgot their name and password.

jmazz777

Private
I expect a few random prizes and was wondering if they are really random. Are they dependent on player level/age?

Once again "Research a Technology" is mandatory. In the 5th birthday thread and also during the live chat recently we were told this wouldn't be happening and that alternatives would be offered so more people could take part in the events.
Yes I could research a technology but it would mean moving up an era without any goods to make it playable for weeks.
Every time you do this you are excluding large numbers of players from events.
Yet another event I miss out on because I won't be forced into moving up an era before I am ready to.

DeletedUser103625

When you read it through, the event feels like a non-starter.

DeletedUser96901

finally some more scout and research
it is boring only putting FP into GB and not advancing

because the golden event rule:
"only do research and map" for events :lol:

Don't worry if you don't have a Maypole yet! You will get one right after completing the very first quest :).
and what is with the people who worry because they already have a maypole ?

because there is no difference in having and not having one from last year :rolleyes:

LadyHecate

Major-General
You made 'Research a Technology' mandatory, again. I won't be bothering to do this event.
Indeed, I'm the same! The event prize(s) have to seriously warrant players researching a new tech, with the potential of having to move to a new Age/Era, and this one is far from it; much more efficient to just stick another level on my SMBs. At least I'll get a two week break from events and have fingers crossed that the Arthur Conan Doyle historical event will be either more rewarding or better designed.

DeletedUser

And please stop with the constant reminder, every single time I log in throughout each and every event, that an event is going on. The only player that doesn't know an event is going on, after being reminded twice, is the same player that hasn't logged in for awhile because they forgot their name and password.
Some1 is a wee bit grumpy lol

DeletedUser110175

Is there somewhere we can get info on the list of the quests for the upcoming event in order of appearance and also the list of prizes?

DeletedUser2989

The main thing that I like and hope they continue to apply is the "upgrade building" idea. I look forward to it being applied to other "upgrade-able" buildings so that we can avoid all that quest drama around having the right building built/deleted at the right time!

In saying that I'm not sure I'm going to be too motivated to finish the event given the main prize being a Happiness/coins building...

DeletedUser98451

Event after event after event... this is now overkill, i used to look forward to events but now there is barely time to grab a coffee between the departure of one and the arrival of the next.
My cities are full of special buildings together with more in inventory that will never get built so i guess i'll do a few quests in the hope of seeing some diamonds and then calling it a day if and when i do

DeletedUser

In the 5th birthday thread and also during the live chat recently we were told this wouldn't be happening and that alternatives would be offered so more people could take part in the events.
I don't think they said this definitively, I think it was more along the lines that they would START looking at alternatives for researching a quest. Regardless, The May Day event would have been already finished while the 5th Birthday Event was ongoing so a bit unreasonable to expect any changes yet.

I don't mind doing the research or scout/conquer quests, but it sure is getting more difficult to even prepare for them when there's only a matter of days between events. But hey ho, I'll see how far I get. Not worth exerting myself over :D

DeletedUser9168

Event after event after event... this is now overkill, i used to look forward to events but now there is barely time to grab a coffee between the departure of one and the arrival of the next.
this is my feeling too - i don't even get the time to redesign my city to put these new buildings into it, so a lot are still in the inventory.
Events used to be special - a break from the routine. now i can't get back into the routine of developing my city 'normally'. I have stopped unlocking tech research, until an event quest demands it; stopped scouting new provinces until an event quest demands it, i only conquer provinces when an event quest tells me to. The 'normal' Storyline quests are getting totally ignored - if one happens to complete as a result of something an event quest has made me do, it just happens. i'm no longer working towards the next quest in the storyline.

Last edited by a moderator: