• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event 5 Years of Forge of Empires!

DeletedUser12400

It's been amazing 5 years Just want to say a big thanks to everyone;)

Facebook.png

The contest has started on facebook! Get a chance to win one iPad Air 2 or a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2: http://www.facebook.com/ForgeofEmpires/posts/1964545446906614.​

DeletedUser16112

I think the new statues look great, but they sort of become invisible against the grass.
statues.png

I need to figure out what building to place behind them for some contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4195

The last quest includes 'acquire a province or plunder 3 buildings'. I have completed the current map which should have ticked that quest but it hasn't. Does that mean we've gone back to the bad old days of forced plundering?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
This game drives me nuts sometimes, but I've carried on playing it for 5 years - can't be all bad. Happy Anniversary!

DeletedUser110179

I think the new statues look great, but they sort of become invisible against the grass.

I need to figure out what building to place behind them for some contrast.
Swap the statues with the Tribal square ... it may look like the king and queen are inside or part of the Masquerade Ball.

Does that mean we've gone back to the bad old days of forced plundering?
Plunder and pillage ... do it in such a way that the neighbors look forward to the experience ♫

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15986

The last quest includes 'acquire a province or plunder 3 buildings'. I have completed the current map which should have ticked that quest but it hasn't. Does that mean we've gone back to the bad old days of forced plundering?

Yes... Same was true for a previous event as well.

DeletedUser4195

Yes... Same was true for a previous event as well.
That's the thing though. I didn't have to plunder, it just auto completed as the first condition was met. Oh well watch out hoodies!

DeletedUser108179

Are the reward buildings the same as they were in beta? Two 2x2 buildings and one 3x3 that have to be touching each other to get maximum bonus? It's a bit of an odd configuration. Also, as was said in beta, is city defence one of the bonuses for having all 3 touching? Not that great a reward in my opinion.
Well, agree its a bit shabby for a 5 year Anniversary ....

DeletedUser108179

having the event screen appear every time i log into or refresh a city is very annoying

It's even much better like this:

a) Log on and box opens: "Play Now"
b) Click and next box opens: "Congratuilations - you have finished the event"
Makes perfect sense.

DeletedUser16112

Well, agree its a bit shabby for a 5 year Anniversary ....

Well, think of it this way: it's 2 shrines of knowledge and a 3x3 building that gives 5 goods per day, some medals, happiness and city defense.

The only improvement I could see is making the garden ruins 4x2 or 2x4 to become a nice 4x4 group together.

DeletedUser503

Hey all!

Thank you for the last 5 years! Check out the details of our 5 year event here and leave any questions or feedback below!

Your Forge of Empires Team
Five years already!
I took this up at start whilst recovering from a car smash and I'm still going!!!
Seems like only yesterday. It has certainly changed. Who can remember ending at LMA, no Guilds, no GVG, stuck in 'hoods with 5 active players - no rogues.
I went back to Arvahall where I stopped playing before GVG started - no troops, no rogues, no Alcatraz - just stacks of trade and two era's behind on world map
Then who remembers the great two army scam in GVG where you deleted after one attack and walked off with a bucket of points!

Are us old timers from the start going to get a long service reward!!!!????

Ladysmith

DeletedUser503

It would be better if all the reward plots were smaller - the Chinese Garden takes up a lot of space for its returns and these aren't a lot better. It would be nice to have a diamond producing building in the mix

DeletedUser6395

Five years of Forge of Empires....mmmm....
I loved this game so much in the first two years to the point that I was constantly online playing it. I loved the art, the buildings and the friends I found in joining a guild. Then the decline slowly set in with the advent of Guild wars etc. Not only did the buildings change...but the friends became more interested in battles and plundering than city building.
So I formed a Guild to remove myself and like players from having to compete in that and formed a peaceful city building game...not for everyone...but it suited me and I had the right to continue to play the game as it was originally intended.
Sadly now, even that has declined to the point of ugly buildings that offer nothing of interest. The latest orange and blue monstrosities they call "Oceanic Future" buildings are gross..and all interest in the game is waning fast. The new event...Five year quests offer really attractive buildings with the new King and Queen set...but what on earth is the point of building them in a city that looks so ugly no one even wants to build it??
Prior to the Five year event we had quests to earn and build beautiful Cherry Garden buildings with the intention of putting them together to make something not only attractive...but also to earn more rewards...but once again...what is the point in building them in such an ugly looking city?
This game has lost it's way in my opinion. It offers beautiful buildings in it's events...but gives no one the incentive to city build when it focuses constantly on making each new era buildings uglier than the past.

DeletedUser11207

Ophion, do the guild expeditions, get terrace farms to use to get goods instead of building OE goods buildings. And build your cherry garden and 5th birthday sets in among those prettier buildings. :)

DeletedUser6065

5 years ago, I had lots of brown hair.
Now, I have thinning white.

5 years ago, I was a fairly literate person.
Now I think about reading literary works by Byeordie, Blacksmith, Desypete, Mozzar, and
(God help me), Test Ament.

5 years ago, I had a real life.
Now I have 'clicker finger' and half a tube of toothpaste squeezed in the middle.

Coincidence?
I think not.
. . . . . mk
****** Happy Anniversary, Forge of Empires******

DeletedUser16112

It would be better if all the reward plots were smaller - the Chinese Garden takes up a lot of space for its returns and these aren't a lot better. It would be nice to have a diamond producing building in the mix
How do you mean? They are both extremely space efficient for what they produce. The cherry garden set is completely whack, and the 5 year set is basically two shrines of knowledge and an amazing 3x3 building (that should have been 4x2 or 2x4).

DeletedUser12153

I have a question about those giveaways you have, where can i find the rules? Usually my country is banned from participating in stuff like this due to national laws