• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Profile on Mobile and Achievements

DeletedUser100065

About time mobile players have a profile. (lots more work for support as mobile players can now be insulting). Not sure about most of it being the achievements but it's a nice idea anyway.

DeletedUser5180

As I spend most of my playing time on iPhone (as it's far quicker than browser for me) the profile feature is most welcome

Will achievements already accomplished be autocompleted when it's released or do we start from scratch no matter what stage of the game you are at?

DeletedUser106696

I hope the "achievements" get tweaked from what they were in Beta, were I think there were 2 big problems with this:

1) The counter started on the day the things went live ... so any AF player the end of tech will achieve a lot less than younger players
2) The build achievements allow any age rather than just current and current-1. So to gain a golden road building "achievement", all you'd have to do is build, "sell", build, "sell", build, "sell"... the free of charge bronze age trails until you suffer repetitive strain injury. Imho not really an achievement in what once was a strategy game, but seems to turn more and more into who can click the most :(

Vesiger

Monarch
My experience of other games is that achievements are prompts to get you to carry out actions that aren't otherwise required in order to complete the game the 'easy' way - for example, in Cooking Fever, you can complete all the levels in a restaurant without using all the upgrade options, but there's an achievement that can only be attained by fully upgrading a restaurant... and another one that can only be reached by ruining all the main dishes and scoring points exclusively on the extras ;)
So it motivates players into corners of the game they wouldn't otherwise look at.
On the other hand, so do the storyline quests :P

DeletedUser96901

let's hope there will be some interesting achievements added in the future

because the current ones aren't really interesting:
collect coins / supplies: who cares (some players have billions). even the ranking don't care anymore since last year :lol:
medals: the ones who care can better compete with other with the medal ranking.

won fights: funny. player with 100k starts with zero. so why should someone be proud to have it when the number is 100k too low
lost fights: haha. for losers and retreaters

buildings build: awesome. someone has build 1000 houses. he can be proud of it

the idea of the achievements is good: show other things you have achieved and where you are better than them
but the current achievements are nothing special. everybody will get all

and we can only show 3 and not all achievements to other in the profile:
so I want to show achiements that not all will get.
other can show other achievements I don't have and maybe never get
that should be the idea behind it

Will achievements already accomplished be autocompleted when it's released or do we start from scratch no matter what stage of the game you are at?
they start at zero
(except the one who counts the ages you have reached)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105522

Agree with Test Ament...
Would be nice to have unique achievements which not many would get...
Something like "Fighter of the day" (most won fights in a day).. or sieger (GvG), defender (city or in GvG by killing most sieges)..
Maybe something to do with GE personal top spot (would encourage players to compete for 1st place in the Guild Expedition)..
Something for farmers as well: biggest goods donator to treasury (only their current era goods to avoid cheats)...
I am pretty sure if i give it a better thought i could come up with many more cool achievements ;)
Inno just need to make people feel unique, people want to be different from others...
---------
and if players could show their achievements in lets say Tavern (some sort of wall of fame) as well as in their profiles would be nice in my opinion :)

DeletedUser9168

"and if players could show their achievements in lets say Tavern (some sort of wall of fame) as well as in their profiles would be nice in my opinion :)"

I like the idea of displaying them in your Tavern - that sounds particularly appropriate to me. And hopefully 140 people will see them regularly there!

DeletedUser102348

Please don't encourage them by trying to give them more ideas for usless items that don't mean diddly swat in the game.
Instead try to get them to fix the issues we need to be able to play the game without constant refreshing, losing memory, lag etc.

DeletedUser11899

achievements? good, but I'm already proud of myself for my achievements. I have no need to show them everyone
The achievement concept on 'other places' is completely different so rewards are given to the players when completing certain achievements based on skill, experience or level, not by building and deleting the same thing all day long

but in this game the way this feature is presented is not the case so far, basically the FoE achievements is just a way to tell others: hey everyone watch how good I am! ..mom, mom watch me, watch me!

Absurd feature, a bad or incomplete copy from 'other places' I dare say
Fix the game performance instead of wasting time on useless things like this.

DeletedUser913

Way Way Way back when I was playing Dark Ages of Camelot I loved a feature they had which was relic raids. Capturing a relic and being able to hold that item gave your guild nice bonus points. I think that a similar feature in FOE could be developed with Achievements. I think that taking from some games that have done it well (random drop generator in Diablo, or Relic raid captures in DAC). What if you added another "relic" in the Guild Expedition that was a .01% drop. An amazing item that gave the player a killer bonus. That item also could appear in the achievements window. I think players what a unique set apart feature. I would also love to see a future GB that would take all these watchtowers and "bank" the bonus into the GB so we can free up more valuable space, it would also work for victory towers.

DeletedUser913

Way Way Way back when I was playing Dark Ages of Camelot I loved a feature they had which was relic raids. Capturing a relic and being able to hold that item gave your guild nice bonus points. I think that a similar feature in FOE could be developed with Achievements. I think that taking from some games that have done it well (random drop generator in Diablo, or Relic raid captures in DAC). What if you added another "relic" in the Guild Expedition that was a .01% drop. An amazing item that gave the player a killer bonus. That item also could appear in the achievements window. I think players what a unique set apart feature. I would also love to see a future GB that would take all these watchtowers and "bank" the bonus into the GB so we can free up more valuable space, it would also work for victory towers.
Perhaps the items could be legendary historical items-holy grail, ark of the covenant, spear of destiny, excalibur, armor of archilles, hercules bow, solomons ring, etc.

DeletedUser6065

' . . . but in this game the way this feature is presented is not the case so far, basically the FoE achievements is just a way to tell others: hey everyone watch how good I am! ..mom, mom watch me, watch me! . . . '
I was the #1 contributor to the first Level 100 Great Building in FoE.
I'm not sure that will/can be topped. What kind of avatar will I get??
Look at me!!
. . . mk

DeletedUser106696

I was the #1 contributor to the first Level 100 Great Building in FoE.
I'm not sure that will/can be topped. What kind of avatar will I get??
Look at me!!
. . . mk

lol... surely you have to admit that senselessly placing 10,000 road tiles is a far greater achievement that deserves true recognition - the fact that this achievement thingy starts on a random date and does not take previous game play into account should tell you that this has nothing whatsoever to do with real in-game achievements... probably just a bit of occupational therapy for programmers who are frightened of the real issues

DeletedUser100065

The way i see it is, the core ideas good it just needs tweaking. So it's a good thing to get the mechanics into place and then build from there. So long as they don't do what they have done with so many other features and introduce the idea and then abandon it because they have forgotten to allow some building room this is a good improvement.

DeletedUser10694

More pointless gimmicks that are intended to pander to peoples narcissism rather than actual game-play.

How about investing some effort into not making pretty front end windows that even a newbie programmer can do, but more into fixing the significant flawed and buggy GvG side of the game. It's so bad most of the time you cant even play it without it freezing up on you at any time of the day, flash times out, then you have to restart browser and even that wont let you login for many minutes while it displays processing ......

You really do need to get you priorities right inno. But I guess fixing bad code is harder than making pretty windows.

Caellum

Private
oh so maybe i miss read something went to my profile an there is no change an no achievements am i missing something??