• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Crystal Villas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser100832

It seems to me that Crystal Villas give a higher population and higher amounts of gold than premium residential buildings of the same age:

Crystal Villa: size 4x3 (double road), 23560 per 8h, 4550 population
Sea Scraper: size 5x5 (double road), 40910 per 8h, 6910 population
Sheltered Tipi: size 3x3 (single road), 6150 per 1h,2500 population

given that the villa is less than half the size of the sea scraper, am I right in thinking that it gives more population per square and more gold per square? And, likewise, better population ratio than the tipi? Or is it a display bug of some sort (would be nice to know before I redesign my whole city to build some)?

DeletedUser16126

Hey I scrapped my seascapers, to be replaced by villa's. If it would be a bug, then it should be discovered earlier.
If they release something you expect it to be right, and I don't mind that a diamond building of 1 year agoo is getting overpowered by a state-of-the-art building. By splitting Artic in 4 parts, INNO gave up the opportunity to deploy extra diamond buildings.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Re-balancing! knocking almost 1/3 of the population output is hardly a re-balance, more like making it a lower age building.
So my city will now be in minus population? looks like you need to be a real dumbass to work on the FoE development team. And can I have buildings/diamonds credited back please for the Sea-Scrapers I deleted in order to build the Crystal Houses.

DeletedUser110168

And can I have buildings/diamonds credited back please for the Sea-Scrapers I deleted in order to build the Crystal Houses.
Not unless they give those of us on Beta who did the same thing diamonds :P
(so no xD)

DeletedUser12400

Re-balancing! knocking almost 1/3 of the population output is hardly a re-balance, more like making it a lower age building.
So my city will now be in minus population?
Beta In Game Announcement said:
We discovered a mistake with the balancing of the Crystal Villa, which turned out to be too valuable compared to other buildings. This means that we will have to rebalance the building. A side effect of this rebalancing may be that the available population in some Arctic Future cities could go into the negative. To mitigate this issue, you can reorganize your city, mostly by removing some of the buildings that take up population, like military, goods and production buildings. You can also build more residential buildings. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
I'm just informing you:( Please make sure to notify your fellow forgers regarding possible changes of Crystal Villas.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110168

From Darkstar on Beta:
The change is being done as the Crystal Villa was simply too powerful compared to other buildings (its status were almost double for a building of its size). You are right in that this was included in the Arctic Future feedback and I can only only apologize that it was not corrected sooner.

However, the stats changes are on the Crystall Villa, and they're normal balancing changes so there is no reimbursement planned.

DeletedUser106400

With regards reimbursement. It cannot be escaped surely?

I essentially rebuilt my entire city last night based on these crystal villas. I built thirteen of them after removing all my previous goods/weapons buildings to free up the population to also remove the previous residential buildings, some of which were premium.

I spent circa 40 million supplies of which I'm now left with around 10 million, so even if I wanted to rebuild again to return to something like my previous level, I couldn't.

Let's be clear. This is FoE developers fault. This is not the fault of the game players. There was never any suggestion of a bug to be taken advantage of and from what I can see, this first came to light TEN days ago, yet the building has still remained available, with hundreds of people using it. I've only mentioned in my guild literally 30 miniute ago and there is already one player deleted his scrapers to make room. This is going to be the ongoing theme and FoE should foot whatever cost there is to return everything to as it was or just lessen the effect or leave it as it is and allow the effects to be taken up by future buildings, if they are capable of such minute planning, that is.

DeletedUser110168

With regards reimbursement. It cannot be escaped surely?

I essentially rebuilt my entire city last night based on these crystal villas. I built thirteen of them after removing all my previous goods/weapons buildings to free up the population to also remove the previous residential buildings, some of which were premium.

I spent circa 40 million supplies of which I'm now left with around 10 million, so even if I wanted to rebuild again to return to something like my previous level, I couldn't.

Let's be clear. This is FoE developers fault. This is not the fault of the game players. There was never any suggestion of a bug to be taken advantage of and from what I can see, this first came to light TEN days ago, yet the building has still remained available, with hundreds of people using it. I've only mentioned in my guild literally 30 miniute ago and there is already one player deleted his scrapers to make room. This is going to be the ongoing theme and FoE should foot whatever cost there is to return everything to as it was or just lessen the effect or leave it as it is and allow the effects to be taken up by future buildings, if they are capable of such minute planning, that is.
Your concerns are being echoed 10 fold on the Beta forum right now...

DeletedUser106400

Your concerns are being echoed 10 fold on the Beta forum right now...

Thanks. I'm not exaggerating this in any way, it's literally the way it is. As it stands, I would of been better off with the set up I had before hand.

DeletedUser110168

DeletedUser106400

I can read that but I cannot post because I'm not registered on beta so please post away.

I know I'm only a baby at playing this game compared to others, at three years or so but Honestly, if this is how inno want to go about their business, I'll flatten my city and leave the game because quite frankly, it's shite.

DeletedUser101637

there has to be some form of compensation, it may just be a re-balancing issue but some people have spent real cash building seascrapers then deleting them because they had something better to replace them with. through no fault of their own, how about giving peeps in their inventory the equivalent in the smaller sized sheltered tipi premium residential build. these would easily fit into the deleted crystal build space, lessening the the effect of having to delete a shed load of stuff and rebuilding.

DeletedUser106400

So I'm just having a nose in the beta forum and it seems he point of this was first raised on the 17th November!! Are you joking?!!! I mean, seriously, someone has tested this for you (inno) and gone, "hold on chaps this isn't right" over a month ago. You have had chance to soak that info up, digest it and act upon it but oh no. You've allowed it to go mainstream, you've allowed people to use it, build their cities around it and now you pop up and say "oops we cocked up, but never mind, we'll just screw you all over as a result".

Are you really that dim?

DeletedUser110168

I mean, seriously, someone has tested this for you (inno) and gone, "hold on chaps this isn't right" over a month ago. You have had chance to soak that info up, digest it and act upon it but oh no. Youve allowed it to go mainstream
Unfortunately this seems to be the case about most updates (Rail nerf anyone?)
I will keep posting comments from here onto the Beta forum, live server players deserve just as much as a say as Beta players!

DeletedUser110247

I have deleted a Tree House Hotel and I think 4 Sea Scrapers in favor of the Crystal Villas.
Innogames, you will need to make good if you follow this through and devalue the Crystal Villas.
I will require the buildings or diamond equivalent to be restored into my inventory for redeployment.
Any other outcome and you won't be getting any more of my money.

DeletedUser106400

Even if there are players that haven't deleted a lot of actual premium diamond buildings to achieve what they wished to achieve, they have still spent, goods and supplies that will have been gathered using diamonds.

There is no way that Inno can reasonably hope to quantify what they are doing here. No way at all.

As yet no message has been put out still so Why are these even now, still available if you are planning what you are planning?!

Joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109212

There was a very reasonable suggestion in the beta forum. Leave the crystal villas alone, but delete it from the build menu. in the tech tree and build menu, release a new nerfed building. But whatever crystal buildings built let them be. But inno need to execute it swiftly. Don't let people abuse this amnesty

Status
Not open for further replies.