• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Temple of Relics

DeletedUser108179

I've suggested to add second boost which would increase expedition points from encounters.
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/temple-of-relics-second-boost.32248/
First of all i would make sure that the percentage "probability" of ToR is right. If you should get 7 or 8 based on level and get for several weeks maximum 4 - then there is something wrong. If one player gets 4 golden and a rare plus a few silver and annother player gets 3 silver - and that for weeks the same scenario - then again there is something wrong.
Either the basics are not right, or certain players are "tagged" - sorry but for me this imbalance is just fishy.

DeletedUser109790

I love the expedition and the ToR is a great addition .. but .. (there is always a "but") .. Now that most regular GE-ers have their ToR, and people can gain additional BPs through normal GB donations, can we please please reduce the % chance of ToR BPs for completing level 3, or better still, get rid of them? I understand making a lot of BPs available when this was a new GB, nut not now.
The reward for completing Level 3 should be something significant. 100 Diamonds is a reward we all want, and I think is fair for the effort of completing level 3. If it is going to BPs, at least introduce a special rewards - maybe 1 or 2 "BPs of your choice".
I have enough ToR BPs to re-build all the tombs of ancient Egypt several times over, and it discourages me from finishing the Expedition knowing that I will usually just get more each time.

DeletedUser109268

I love the expedition and the ToR is a great addition .. but .. (there is always a "but") .. Now that most regular GE-ers have their ToR, and people can gain additional BPs through normal GB donations, can we please please reduce the % chance of ToR BPs for completing level 3, or better still, get rid of them? I understand making a lot of BPs available when this was a new GB, nut not now.
The reward for completing Level 3 should be something significant. 100 Diamonds is a reward we all want, and I think is fair for the effort of completing level 3. If it is going to BPs, at least introduce a special rewards - maybe 1 or 2 "BPs of your choice".
I have enough ToR BPs to re-build all the tombs of ancient Egypt several times over, and it discourages me from finishing the Expedition knowing that I will usually just get more each time.

I agree

DeletedUser104833

Don't know what has been talked about in this thread but i thought i'd mention a few of my issues with GE and ToR (from the viewpoint of a pure NEGOTIATOR). Could the GE UI be updated such that entering the same resource twice in the same slot is impossible ? This doesn't make the Negotiation mini-game deeper, just more finicky. Is it entirely necessary to punish me for sometimes being in a real-life hurry to get through my attempts ? :D

The end of the second difficulty is something i get through every week but it takes just too many attempts based on purely luck. Too many options for three attempts. Perhaps raise the average difficulty of the Negotiation game while lowering the difficulty of the bottlenecks ? Obviously beyond the end of the second difficulty it gets even worse when it comes to the bottlenecks.

Why am i getting the feeling that the GE and ToR combination encourages the use of Diamonds to an unreasonable degree ? Money has to be made to keep the gears grinding but there seem to be mechanics that directly feed into each other to tease and entice the player once the ToR has been built. Having bottlenecks on the GE progression is bad enough. But to then have the rewards at times spawn behind one of those bottlenecks in the mist ? That is just...nasty.

DeletedUser97463

What a complete waste of space (6x6) and a waste of FPs it takes to level it up. I usually takes me 2-3 days to finish GE and in that time I have been averaging 2-4 relics from 48 fights per week, which have given me precious little rewards! This week I got a grey relic (20 goods) and a gold relic (200 goods) that is all the rewards I will get until next tuesday! When you consider that all the other GBs pay out every 24 hours and some of which do not take up any where near the same space as the ToR, you must realise that this GB is not cutting the mustard. Either improve the percentage chance of getting a relic or reduce its size, would be my suggestion!!!!

DeletedUser12400

It would be wonderful if this great building would be smaller or had second boost but I personally think that players are expecting too much from no age great building. It costs iron age goods and doesn't take much forge points to level up. I don't mind having it in my city and already received great rewards. If you don't like it, don't build it same as most wouldn't build notre dame or colosseum. It’s that simple.

DeletedUser106696

The reward for completing Level 3 should be something significant. 100 Diamonds is a reward we all want, and I think is fair for the effort of completing level 3. ...

I fully get the idea that ToR BPs is more of a punishment than a rewards - but I don't think 100 diamonds on a weekly basis is realistic either... there are just too many players finishing L3 on a regular basis. After all, Inno need to sell these little sparkler to keep the game going

DeletedUser109697

I would like to see 2 things changed on the GE.

1st - Don't spawn relics in uncharted/clouded area.
When I am old, grown up etc that might not be a problem.
But I am trying to work thru the 3th level (colonial age) which I find pretty hard.
Every fight is hard and costs me, right now I see a relic I can't and won't
reach it (unless I really like to get rid of diamonds I don't have).
That relic is bogus and serves no purpose other than frustrating me, finally a relic... then...oh damn...

2nd - Please get rid of ornamental tree's.
They shouldn't be considered rewards or relics in the first place, right now I would love to see
that small forest in my inventory burn. Too many, too often and no use for any single tree.

Other than that, the GE/Relics are fine, seem to drop more or less as expected (statistical).

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
:?

I am always finished after 2.5 days
and I would have 6 days

how about using all 7 days of the week including Monday

and then 7 levels :blush:
Not all of us have the firepower to finish all levels. I always get stuck in level 2 and definitely go through a lot of military even with the Traz and my boosts all nearly at 10.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
The other problem with GE is if you have a relatively small guild and not everyone participates, the ones in charge do not always open the last level anyway. I have the BPs for the ToR but cannot see the merit for building it as like everyone seems to say, it is a large footprint and it only benefits if you participate in GE and even then it is 'hit and miss' as to good rewards. If it is a true GB make it available for all for everyday of the week especially with the cost in building it. Just my 2 cents. It will fall on deaf ears anyway.

DeletedUser109697

I suspect that's part of the point - to give you an incentive to spend diamonds :D

Someone has to pay inno developers etc, sure.
But I would spend diamonds if it looked/sounds/is a good deal.
The feeling I get from that relic behind the clouds is quite the opposite.

It feels I am being robbed of something I already deserved.
Worse, as the relic is already on the map (out of reach), I have no change on another relic until I have collected it
I don't think you can have 2 relics on the map, so the xx% odds on a relic is also doing nothing for me right now.

So I am 'robbed' twice and not going to spend diamonds on that.

DeletedUser109785

Relics do appear even while there is an uncollected one. Happened to me...

DeletedUser109762

What a complete waste of space (6x6) and a waste of FPs it takes to level it up. I usually takes me 2-3 days to finish GE and in that time I have been averaging 2-4 relics from 48 fights per week, which have given me precious little rewards! This week I got a grey relic (20 goods) and a gold relic (200 goods) that is all the rewards I will get until next tuesday! When you consider that all the other GBs pay out every 24 hours and some of which do not take up any where near the same space as the ToR, you must realise that this GB is not cutting the mustard. Either improve the percentage chance of getting a relic or reduce its size, would be my suggestion!!!!
I am surprised other players arent doing this , and reporting it.

I have only recently erected my ToR its at lvl2.

I have now completed 133 GE fights since it was at lvl2, and in that time received 13 relics. That makes a percentage of 9.8% NOT the stated 12.5%

Admittedly that has been 3 gold relics, but my percentage has NEVER got over 10%.

And if Inno try some probability excuse, there should be a probability that my relic count should occasionally exceed 12.5% - NOT permanently below 10%, usually below 9%.