• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Guild V Guild] Open up GvG maps

• Thread starter DeletedUser107476
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser107476

Proposal

To make landing zones open from the start.

Reason

At the moment some landing zones are open whilst others are locked. This allows the guilds that get there faster to lock up areas of the map for months. Keeping smaller guilds off the map whilst the larger guilds progress.

Balance

This would provide balance between the guilds.

Abuse Prevention

Erm read above​

DeletedUser108379

Since there won't be any new GvG maps that would only apply to new worlds.

DeletedUser107476

It is happening on current worlds. Many of those guilds that are blocking those landing zones from being open only have 1 or 2 DA's in, knowing they are safe, why waste troops or goods?

DeletedUser108379

Well, there must be guilds on the landing zones, just take that and than go deep into the land. Perhaps you will have to make an alliance with other guilds for that. But it is not impossible.

DeletedUser96901

I am for:
remove landing zones totally from the game
and all sectors can be attacked

no hiding in the middle of the map with only NAPs around

this also would reduce abusive play when guilds release sectors where only they can attack to get points

knowing they are safe, why waste troops or goods?
remove landing zones and they will never be safe again :lol:

because GvG is not about being safe:
it is about fighting (real not fake points battles) to keep or get sectors

since all worlds are equal (in settings) no world will ever have a different GvG behavior than the other worlds :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109268

I am for:
remove landing zones totally from the game
and all sectors can be attacked

no hiding in the middle of the map with only NAPs around

this also would reduce abusive play when guilds release sectors where only they can attack to get points

remove landing zones and they will never be safe again :lol:

because GvG is not about being safe:
it is about fighting (real not fake points battles) to keep or get sectors

since all worlds are equal (in settings) no world will ever have a different GvG behavior than the other worlds :rolleyes:

I agree Test Ament,

1 condition though. Ghosting not allowed.

DeletedUser96901

I think Cardena meant it can affect only new world landing zones since there won't be any new GvG maps and this change can be applied to all worlds.
you can't know if there are "new" GvG maps :rolleyes:

the en servers are not the only ones. game changes will be also for all other languages

and for examples the germans started a new world a few weeks ago
so technically seen they still have "new" GvG maps
new in the meaning of: unopened landing zones on already running worlds in higher ages (so that change could also change things in running worlds)

and maybe the en server would also start another world before the change in the game
so that would also be applied there and not only on new worlds

so it would also apply to running worlds and would be contrary to
because it could be applied to "old" worlds too

but thanks for trying to tell me what other think

DeletedUser107476

The funny bit is, I see loads of smaller guilds moaning that big guilds are blocking off large areas of GvG maps yet whenever a solution is put forth they never seem to come on forums and vote on it.

DeletedUser107476

Well, there must be guilds on the landing zones, just take that and than go deep into the land. Perhaps you will have to make an alliance with other guilds for that. But it is not impossible.
Not all landing zones have guilds on them. Some cannot be taken till a sector next to them is taken and this where the bigger guilds are taking advantage as they stop short ensuring those landing zones never become open.

DeletedUser12400

Not all landing zones have guilds on them. Some cannot be taken till a sector next to them is taken and this where the bigger guilds are taking advantage as they stop short ensuring those landing zones never become open.
E.g.

lz.png

DeletedUser653

I disagree. It's about 'virtual' warfare, pure and simple. You do not 'maintain relationships' or concern yourself about 'mutual benefits' with other guilds. You tolerate them until you are stronger.

Then you screw them to the wall.
. . . mk

Guessing this is said in jest as any big guild which is as arrogant to forget they were small once or to misunderstand the value of working with friendly guilds is mad. We regularly, when cleaning out the enemy, donate lots of sectors to guilds we are friendly with and this gives us payback too at a later date and keeps those sectors from falling to the enemy easily when we move on. We also hate hitting small guilds as its just not sporting and not fun.
Best keeping enemies to a minimum as its not a short game and all have memories, try asking CA in EN1 who went from 1st in global for 800 odd days to 9th in global now after attacking AoF, a guild who were previously friends and never will be again now.

DeletedUser653

Overtype a good example and all big guilds use this to stop other guilds landing, but its pretty rare in EN1 and what i see now is 2 guilds working to together to race up the LZ's and then jump into the land near to the top. this means the LZ's are pretty much all opened very quickly today.
I think to have all LZ open at start takes away a lot of the fun of new maps and the need to plan and sort out how to get troops very quickly and gee up the guild to do the same etc etc so for me its a no.

DeletedUser108379

On my main world (not on the EN server ) the top guilds tried to stop there. But after some weeks, one guild was under attack at the other end and decided to open up the LZ. There is a way and it is fun to watch. At least I think the LZ are part of the strategic element of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.