• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expeditions

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser12400

Finished level 2 and received premium building.. Not bad however don't have space to build it.

upload_2016-6-9_7-26-50.png

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Are the rewards suppose to be from your age? I got an AF decoration before, but now I got a Levitation. FE production building.

DeletedUser96901

Are the rewards suppose to be from your age? I got an AF decoration before, but now I got a Levitation. FE production building.
if there is no building from the category you should get you will get the one from the previous era

regular production building: none in AF, you get one from FE

and btw:
there is only a premium deco from the AF available. not a regular one
so if you win a regular deco you would also get one from the FE

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I was not sure as the units are also from the current age even if I haven't researched them. So a bit mixed.
thanks

DeletedUser914

The positive things about these free regular buildings, they are so nice to fulfill quests for free.

DeletedUser11899

In one of my worlds I play I've just reached CE era, my attack boost there is 69%-57%
Level 3 of CE Guild Expeditions are two-wave battles at 75%-75%
This is the same boost value as the first Arctic levels but it should be taken into account that CE era is three ages below and CE players have had much less game time for leveling up their attack GBs than AF players had
Therefore I think the boost attack on Contemporary era GE is slightly overpowered compared to FE or Arctic age values, isnt it?

DeletedUser108379

You could reach CE era with an attack boost of Zero.
Perhaps the boost in GE is not too high, but you paid not enough attention to your attack GB?
Sometimes it can be good, to go more slowly through the research.

BTW, in CE you can build barracks that help with your attack boost.

DeletedUser11899

You could reach CE era with an attack boost of Zero.
Perhaps the boost in GE is not too high, but you paid not enough attention to your attack GB?
Sometimes it can be good, to go more slowly through the research.

BTW, in CE you can build barracks that help with your attack boost.

I was talking about Noarsil, (sorry I didnt mention it)
This server was opened on April 2015, about a year ago, not three
And I've just reached CE era as I said so still havent researched those military techs

Zeus and Aachen at level 6 and Monte at level 7 so over this year of Noarsil lifetime I'm paying attention to my GBs and getting stucked sometimes for a while :-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108379

One year to CE is fast, very fast. Congratulation to that.

If you do not have researched the military tech from CE, you must be fighting against CE units with units from the postmodern Era. In that case I would expect that level 3 is not easy to do.

DeletedUser11899

One year to CE is fast, very fast. Congratulation to that.

If you do not have researched the military tech from CE, you must be fighting against CE units with units from the postmodern Era. In that case I would expect that level 3 is not easy to do.

maybe not enough :D
Last week I was moved to a hood with a lot of FE,TE and AF players and its not easy to live in the bottom of that hood. First 40 neighbours are also the top 40 of the server :-)

DeletedUser106696

The main reason for Guild Expedition is to obtain power for your guild; the rewards are secondary.

I'm not so sure about that... you still get twice as much guild power from a single current age HoF harvested daily as you do by fighting all 3 levels of GE during the week

DeletedUser106696

It's called "Guild" not "Player" Expedition and you can participate only if you are in guild. The main is power and it's stack up with "GvG" and "Hall of Fame". The rewards are to keep players motivated to participate in Guild Expedition and you won't get them by collecting from your Hall of Fame.

Yes, I had noticed the title...
But I also I spent 2 weeks on Beta in a 1-person guild to figure out costs and rewards on a level by level basis, and compared to the other two mechanisms of gaining guild power (GvG and HoF), the ratio of costs to guild benefit are so much worse that I still struggle to recognize guild power as the main prize.

On the other hand, I managed to to get quite a few troops & buildings long before I'll complete the research, so on the personal reward front I'm still all for it.

DeletedUser108379

I do not think that the ratio is so worse for the GE.

With winning the third level in Future era you can gain your guild as much power as a tomorrow HoF, but that HoF must be motivated each day.
The HoF takes up 9 squares. An average goods building from the Tomorrow era 20 squares. With a 24h circle you earn 140 goods per week, you need 18*5 for GE, meaning you need 13 squares for the good. That is worse, but only necessary, if the Observatory, Atomium and Arc did not give enough goods before. (And if you manage 3 8h production a days it is under 9 squares)

And there are now three ways to earn power for the guild. And that, I think, is good.