• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Mary Stuart

DeletedUser4727

Hey all,

This thread is for discussing the Historical Questline for Mary Stuart. You can find the full announcement here.

DeletedUser14704

Tragic???
Have Inno been researching in Hollywood films again instead of history books?
She was a heretic, committed treason and aimed to put this country back under the thrall of a vile and corrupt organisation we had fought so hard to unshackle ourselves from.
Can't wait to see who's next, Josef Stalin maybe? How about bin Laden?
Bad enough that we're still having to endure these constant "mini-events" which are devaluing the proper ones and messing up our development in the game (can't wait to try and conquer 3 provinces on Contemp map with Bronze Age troops and wait 3 days to scout one in a week long event!) but to see what is at best romanticised fiction presented as "facts" is really beyond the pale.
We've only just finished a 3 week long event, for pity's sake give us a break and let us get back to the game proper, already more than enough to do with the normal part of the game plus GE and GvG.

DeletedUser12400

for pity's sake give us a break and let us get back to the game proper, already more than enough to do with the normal part of the game plus GE and GvG.
Can't you just ignore the event, and play "the game proper"?
I don't understand either. No one is forcing to participate if you don't want then ignore it.
thank you

great mini-event: it gives a SoK :blush:
I don't mind as well:blush: Wishing wells, Shrines of Knowledge and so on:blush:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
But I tend to agree - FoE has become 'Forge of Events'. So much development time goes into these mini events; time which could be better spent fixing long-standing bugs in the game, for example: 1)Rail Guns STILL not ignoring units' special abilities on the turn of the first attacking Rail Gun, 2) Go to the GvG map and enter an era, then leave and try to enter another era - the game just hangs and a refresh is needed (it was like that 2 years ago).

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
Tragic???
Have Inno been researching in Hollywood films again instead of history books?
She was a heretic, committed treason and aimed to put this country back under the thrall of a vile and corrupt organisation we had fought so hard to unshackle ourselves from.
While I agree that this sounds like Hollywood history... one can scarcely commit 'treason' against a foreign country. Mary was Queen of Scots, and the Scots were longstanding enemies of England (Catherine of Aragon led a campaign against them in her husband's absence). And she was a Catholic whose country (Scotland) had heretically 'reformed' itself -- in a much more extreme way than the English -- without ever asking her, abandoning hundreds of years of standard religion to do so. From her point of view anything she did was completely justified.
(She was also, as it happened, the legitimate heir to the throne of England, with a son of her own to ensure the succession after the old childless (and illegitimate) Queen died.)

DeletedUser653

she was good to scotland and managed to keep peace between france, spain and england. she at one point could claim the crown of Scotland, France, England and Ireland.
treason - no, good queen to scotland - yes

edit SOK looks good to me

DeletedUser653

.... Go to the GvG map and enter an era, then leave and try to enter another ere - the game just hangs and a refresh is needed (it was like that 2 years ago).
getting this about 10 times a day now

DeletedUser105544

Same here - and I have to reboot every time there's a 'timing issue'.
...aaahhhh, good old timing issue...it lasts so long that I wouldn't know how to play GvG if devs decide to fix it one day...

DeletedUser97688

Yo, you guys know how we got a CA globe statue for the Anwar event and a PME astronaut for the Yuri event? How about a Guillotine (also from CA) for this one? Examples show that Inno is not averse to giving ordinary buildings as event prizes...

DeletedUser914

yesterday found out, Mary Queen of Scots was great grandmother from Mary Henriette Stuart. And Mary Henriette was married with cityholder Willem II, and had 1 son cityholder Willem III. Sadly Willem III did not have kids and here the direct bloodline with the Dutch and British end.

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
But I tend to agree - FoE has become 'Forge of Events'. So much development time goes into these mini events; time which could be better spent fixing long-standing bugs in the game, for example: 1)Rail Guns STILL not ignoring units' special abilities on the turn of the first attacking Rail Gun, 2) Go to the GvG map and enter an era, then leave and try to enter another era - the game just hangs and a refresh is needed (it was like that 2 years ago).

Again I feel myself agreeing with you on this.. No 2 is so annoying

Vesiger

Monarch
yesterday found out, Mary Queen of Scots was great grandmother from Mary Henriette Stuart. And Mary Henriette was married with cityholder Willem II, and had 1 son cityholder Willem III. Sadly Willem III did not have kids and here the direct bloodline with the Dutch and British end.
Yes - 'William&Mary' ;)
Although of course Mary did have a legitimate younger brother, who had descendants who claimed the throne - are we going to get a Charles Edward Stuart quest? :P

DeletedUser105544

Yes - 'William&Mary' ;)
Although of course Mary did have a legitimate younger brother, who had descendants who claimed the throne - are we going to get a Charles Edward Stuart quest? :P
Now who is William???