• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] Foe City Planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser98639

For more info on third party sites please see EXTERNAL RESOURCES.

This particular thread can be used for discussion and questions about the site Foe City Planner. It is preferred that for any feedback/suggestions/comments you contact the site owners directly through their site to ensure they receive your information. Discussion, questions and requests for assistance with said site are welcome in this thread.

Foe City Planner – city planning tool for Forge of Empires.

Key features:

- import any in-game city
- save unlimited number of cities
- city statistics
- access your cities from any computer
- bilingual – English and Russian
- works in the browser (requires Flash player)

Before start:

- You should register at FoeManager. Please, use some real e-mail address which you have access to (the registration process does not require verification of the e-mail now. However, this verification will be added for all existing accounts in the future)
- You can change the language of the web site and the planner in the top right corner in case it was determined incorrectly

Direct links:
- main website – FoeManager
- city planner Help page
- City Planner itself

Currently, the project uses low-end hardware to decrease the overall cost and it makes it a bit slow. Please, be patient. )

Bug reports and suggestions are welcome.

You can discuss this particular site in the [DISCUSSION] Foe City Planner thread.

Foe City Planner is an unofficial 3rd party site, and is not directly affiliated with InnoGames.

DeletedUser12400

This has become literally my favorite City Planer. I love that you can actually import your own or any other players city. It's possible to see your neighbors statistics to decide whether to attack or not and so on. If you can't decide if you wish to register to check it out then you can use demo login and decide whether to create account or not.

http://foemanager.com/city-planner/app/

Screenshots:
xenoforo908.png
2.png
3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109674

This has become literally my favorite City Planer. I love that you can actually import your own or any other players city. It's possible to see your neighbors statistics to decide whether to attack or not and so on.

Thank you Overtype for kind words and the demo login. However, I would kindly ask to remove the info about this demo login because the city planner has not been tested with scenarios when multiple users start working (and saving) same city. And this is quite possible with such demo account.

DeletedUser7719

This planner is very useful and has lots of potential! :) A few suggestions if you don't mind:
1) Being able to select production time for all production buildings at once
2) When selecting a structure to place, let us continually place it until we click on the structure again (i.e. If I select a hut, I can place 10 at once rather than clicking on the hut 10 times)
3) Chosing which age your special building is before placing in city (even more useful with suggestion #2)

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
Yes, it indeed does not have it. Mainly because I do not want to test how everything works with buildings which are currently on beta server only.
this city planner is much better than the earlier one....
i hope you add BETA one day as that's my main server :)

DeletedUser14881

Pretty impressive, but I don't know why my own city could not be loaded so I was modeling it from scratch. However, I had to stop because I added one building incorrectly and I couldn't find a way to remove it (o_O).

The other suggesytions, specially the one to memorize what I'm adding (like currently already is with Expansions) would be awesome

DeletedUser109674

I don't know why my own city could not be loaded

Was other city loaded, or you it did not load the city at all. Try to type your whole in-game nickname, and not just part of it (in which case the system just loads some other's city). Please, provide your Game server and Nickname so I can check

I couldn't find a way to remove it
Select the building (in Construction mode) and hit Delete/Backspace on the keyboard. This info is in Help section of the website.

DeletedUser14881

Was other city loaded, or you it did not load the city at all. Try to type your whole in-game nickname, and not just part of it (in which case the system just loads some other's city). Please, provide your Game server and Nickname so I can check
Now it worked. I don't really want to believe that I mistyped my own nickname >.<

Select the building (in Construction mode) and hit Delete/Backspace on the keyboard. This info is in Help section of the website.
I should've tried XD

Let me ask... If you change something in the real account, will it update automatically?

Also, can I simulate the city state considering the polish on Cultural Buildings?

DeletedUser653

must try the new functionality but even before being able to load a current city (which is a great upgrade) it was still a fantastic site

DeletedUser109674

If you change something in the real account, will it update automatically?

Also, can I simulate the city state considering the polish on Cultural Buildings?

No, your in-game and in-planner cities are not synced. And no, polishing does not count yet.

DeletedUser914

Today I tested this city planner, after using the forgestats for years I tried this one. Got really issues with saving all the data on forgestats, again my saved city was gone. And moreover, forgestats seems outdated, The Gaea GB is missing. Lets take a closer look at this new city planner.

Pros

++ Absolutely amazing, you can copy your city to this city planner. And this saves a lot of time.
++ All the buildings seems up to date.
++ saving is much better, no more lost data. and if so, then you easily can import your city again.
+ you can easily see where your buildings in your city are and spot unneeded buildings like pieces of road.

Cons

-- It is more difficult to spot certain buildings. When I laid down came across that a tinning plant was missing in the design.
- remove expansions is not possible.

Conclusion

The fast city uploading saves a lot of time and is very useful. However, you have to be more concentrated on stats, here it goes wrong and it seems that you have to control the specs with your calculator. Despite of that, this city builder is very handy and I hope this tool will be modified with some additional specs and great building data.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109674

-- The biggest drawback. You cannot see the data.

What particular data you cannot see? The City planner gives you major statistics (though not all).

And also you are not able to change the GB level.

You can change all GB's level, up to 16 level.

This leads to unclear stats and you don´t know if you have enough citizens and happiness.

Citizens count and happiness are included into current city stats. They should be correct. Again, do not forget that level of GB is capped at 16 (which is OK for the vast majority of users). If you believe that the city stats is incorrect, please, provide: 1) your game world; 2) in-game username; 3) exact numbers for citizens, happiness etc from your in-game city. Then I will be able to import your city and check.

It is more difficult to spot certain buildings. When I laid down came across that a tinning plant was missing in the design.

This statement is contradictory to your another statement in pros, when you wrote that it's easy to spot a piece of road. You can always turn off city graphics and even scale the city. Then, you will be able to see all 1-square entities easily.

DeletedUser914

What particular data you cannot see? The City planner gives you major statistics (though not all).

You can change all GB's level, up to 16 level.

Citizens count and happiness are included into current city stats. They should be correct. Again, do not forget that level of GB is capped at 16 (which is OK for the vast majority of users). If you believe that the city stats is incorrect, please, provide: 1) your game world; 2) in-game username; 3) exact numbers for citizens, happiness etc from your in-game city. Then I will be able to import your city and check.

This statement is contradictory to your another statement in pros, when you wrote that it's easy to spot a piece of road. You can always turn off city graphics and even scale the city. Then, you will be able to see all 1-square entities easily.

Sorry, my mistake, I found the level change button for GBs and now can get an accurate stats overview. This makes this city planner really useful. (will change my opinion about this.

With that overview of buildings I mean this, when importing your current city you see small mistakes, certain leftovers like decorations, wrong pieces of road, etcetera and that is really handy. +

However, when designing a new city data is missed about amount of buildings, I have alot of shrines and watchtowers, but really have no clue how many. At the last part you are moving alot of these small items, and it is diffult to see if the amount of these small buildings are correct. In forgestats it did happen alot that I thought city was complete, and came across that I had another shrine. That data is missing,

But for the rest, really cool city planner, and going to use it, especially that I found out how to use citizens and happiness specs.

Great work.

DeletedUser105544

The best one so far. I was amazed when tried it first time, and when I figured out all other features I was delighted even more. Now, it has one problem - im in big temptation to rearange my city every single week :-)

DeletedUser109674

The best one so far. I was amazed when tried it first time, and when I figured out all other features I was delighted even more. Now, it has one problem - im in big temptation to rearange my city every single week :-)

Thank you ))

Status
Not open for further replies.