• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: (City) Ability to zoom out further

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
Proposal

Add an extra 1-2 zoom settings.

Reason
It gets annoying dragging the map about to collect or reshuffle buildings and when moving buildings losing the move function and having to reselect it.

I have searched and found no other ideas relating to the zoom function.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12400

There is no necessity for it. It's possible to zoom in and out of a page. To do this hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the wheel on your mouse up to zoom in or down to zoom out.

zoom.jpg

DeletedUser97688

I'm on a laptop, with no scroll wheel - is there any way that I can get this to work for me?

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
Not sure why inno doesn't not provide more zoom options...my best guess is that it will take up more of of the server resources.
there are lot of games that have much better zoom functionality similar to google maps instead of just two zoom levels.

Vesiger

Monarch
The mobile version certainly has more than just two zoom levels, even if you can't see the whole city at once...

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
There is no necessity for it. It's possible to zoom in and out of a page. To do this hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the wheel on your mouse up to zoom in or down to zoom out.

That's all good and well but ever noticed how small the chat window gets when you zoom to say 75%, I have to wear glasses as it is, don't need to have to get a magnifying glass as well ........

DeletedUser97688

+1 - Maybe the two existing levels and a "Bird's-Eye" button that takes us all the way out. That should be enough

DeletedUser108842

I can not support the haters here. The CTRL+Scrolling won't do a thing here cuz it ****s up the graphics. Also, you don't have scroll on Android, do you. So yea, +1 for this idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
Actually, we apparently have a far more flexible zoom on the mobile app - certainly more than two levels :P

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
Just wondering if the Devs have looked at this proposal, or even if it's gaining any momentum for that matter. Please implement it as those of us with poor eyesight and like to chat are getting headaches from trying to read the chat box.

DeletedUser7719

Just wondering if the Devs have looked at this proposal, or even if it's gaining any momentum for that matter. Please implement it as those of us with poor eyesight and like to chat are getting headaches from trying to read the chat box.
Currently, there are only 4 players in favor of this proposal at the moment. You need to reach 20 before the idea is forwarded to the developers.

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1

I like to take Screen Shots of my City when making major layout changes, so the function would be nice, even that there is options on some platforms to do. I have a folder called City History and it is fun to scroll through it and see the development.