• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Hate my new neighbourhood

DeletedUser108293

So the Neighbourhoods just got merged and I hate the new one I have. My neighbourhood used to be a peaceful one and I don't like to partake in the pvp. I just got to CA so I don't have many troops from this age. since the merging there are 2 players that have attacked me twice.

Both of them attack my goods building for LMA which means that I have wasted coins and supplies on them. I would not mind so much if they just plundered my houses as I have plenty of them but they are aiming for my goods.

How can I stop this because I just built a Tar Kiln and I am afraid that if I set a production, it will just be stolen.

I check 2 times a day so do 8h productions but they are taken before I can get to them.

Vesiger

Monarch
Can you alter the start of your production run by 20 minutes or so, so that it isn't ready at the time when the attack comes?

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
I check 2 times a day so do 8h productions but they are taken before I can get to them.
if ur doing just 2x8hr productions, switch to 1x24h production...so you will have to log in only once a day to collect....and they will have less chances of plundering when u miss collections.

DeletedUser108293

if ur doing just 2x8hr productions, switch to 1x24h production...so you will have to log in only once a day to collect....and they will have less chances of plundering when u miss collections.

But with that a new problem arises, if they do get the full days production, I have lost all those goods for that day. the only safe way I am currently getting goods is through my several GBs but those are random.

Vesiger

Monarch
You know exactly when the production finishes, so you can be sitting there beforehand waiting for it to pop up; they don't know (particularly if you do a 24 hour production ending at a completely different time of day from your previous 8-hour productions), and they have to win a battle first...

DeletedUser109222

Changing production times and collecting right as it finishes sounds great in theory but MOST of us don't cheat and have a RL outside the game and it isn't possible to collect on time all the time. The bigger problem to me is unbalanced hoods where players are matched so unequally that lower level players have no chance at defending or attacking and some bullies must be robots to be online at all times plundering as productions finish.
Getting plundered by bullies who are MILLIONS of points and ages ahead of the rest of the hood isn't fun for anybody but maybe for the bully.
The real issue isn't production schedules, it's fair hood placements.

DeletedUser109032

I have the same problem, and interestingly the 2/3 who constantly do it are members of the same guild and seem to always know what i've changed my defence to (not that it makes any difference as i'm in CA and they are in PE).

DeletedUser108293

The new ones are worse! I have 6 people in my neighbourhood that are in the Post-Modern era (I am only colonial so they are 4 ages above me!). 4 of them attacked me and my DA never stood a chance! Both my goods building were plundered and I doubt I will be able to collect before there plundered in the future. One of Two things need to happen:

-Neighbourhood selection needs to be improved.
or
-Goods buildings need to be removed from being plundered! (I would not mind if my supplies or coins were plundered because I have lots of those buildings and they don't cost anything, but goods need to be paid for and it is just a waste of coins/supplies if its plundered)!

EDIT: Scratch what I said about the solutions, I have a better one. Make goods buildings motivatable. Don't produce anymore goods, just to defend against attackers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12400

We simply need two new special units - Asterix and Obelix:blush:
asterix-obelix-o.gif

DeletedUser6065

100 Stone → 50 Fertilizer
100 Marble → 50 Brass
50 Dye → 10 Whale Oil (x2)
100 Wine → 50 Machine Parts
10 Iron → 5 Gunpowder (x3)
2 Dried Herbs → 2 Granite (x10)

Suck it up. We all have our little crosses to bear.

. . . mk

DeletedUser108673

I actually enjoy the hoods where im near the bottom - They are great for gathering bps for ages you havnt reached yet.

DeletedUser106696

In my books that whole neighbourhood system is badly broken and needs fixing quite urgently:
* The defense AI is just suicidal and fights back a lot worse than e.g. the continents map. This tells me that Inno has no interest in allowing players to defend themselves - three big cheers to all plunderers, PvP is designed with you in mind
* Even with a slightly smarter defense mixing players across 2-3 ages is ridiculous, as the bottom half of the hood is just easy meat for the bullies. I have seen players brag that they don't need goods buildings, as their hood provides all a-plenty...
* Worse even, many players stay at the bottom of their hoods for months, while bullies keep on top rather than being merged into stronger hoods after a month or so.

Suck it up is all fine and dandy for a limited time, but given how inherently unfair the current hoodie system is, there should be a proper random mixup of hoods every 4-6 weeks. I have seen far too many players quit the game after months of being plundered umpteen times every single day.