• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Leap Year Event

DeletedUser

Sounds interesting. The coloured font in the announcement is indistinguishable unless you highlight it. Is this intentional?

DeletedUser16026

Sounds interesting. The coloured font in the announcement is indistinguishable unless you highlight it. Is this intentional?
Just fixed it. :D Thanks for pointing it out. Didn't notice it till I did the discussion thread, sorry.

DeletedUser108673

The wiki had the start date as 23rd and most other events start on a tuesday. Is 25th the correct starting date?

DeletedUser16026

The wiki had the start date as 23rd and most other events start on a tuesday. Is 25th the correct starting date?
The wiki is not run by a Inno or FoE team, so someone probably assumed that because in general events have started on Tuesday, it will be on that date.

But, yes, 25th is date that has been supplied to us and mentioned multiple times. We can double check tomorrow but the date appears to be correct.

ETA: 25th is the correct date.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14704

Lunar year is 13 cycles, not 12.
If it was 12 we'd be having "leap months".

DeletedUser

Lunar year is 13 cycles, not 12.
If it was 12 we'd be having "leap months".
As far as I knew, a lunar year is 354.37 days, 12 synodic cyles of 29.53 days....
I fear we are being rather pedantic here though :P

DeletedUser

I'd be more excited if it were more than a fortnight since the last event...
I'd be more excited if the prize was better. I'd prefer fewer events overall than more events with lame portraits, in fairness. Maybe we can hope for a Sundial as well in this event? :?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

looking forward to it

not only will it be educational (we're never too old to learn something new and interesting) but its the equivalent of an extra 11 looping quest rewards and a free Reno kit at the end.

obviously those that complain about another event blah blah blah will be ignoring the quest giver when he appears on Thursday

DeletedUser108673

I'd be more excited if the prize was better. I'd prefer fewer events overall than more events with lame portraits, in fairness. Maybe we can hope for a Sundial as well in this event? :?

The prize is a reno kit which are not easy to come by and an ok reward for an easy event. However i do agree (and i never thought i would say this) i feel very much bombarded with events at the minute.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I quite like the events entirely because it's a history lesson, something that is missing from every research.

DeletedUser108673

I'm looking forward to this event. Free stuff is always good. :)

Yes free stuff is always good but i am at the stage where i have to alter my gameplay to achieve the event reward.
Example on 1 world ( i play all 14 to some degree) I only have the very last sector of the 1st continent map to scout(end of colonial) and i know it will take me a few days to conquer that province - 1 of the first quests of the event will be to scout a province, This leaves me with a problem - Do i scout now and continue as normal and "hope" i can conquer that province ready to scout again for the event or do i have to slow my game down and do nothing on the map till the event starts to ensure i can achieve the scout a province quest?

DeletedUser108673

When you think this is now the 4th event of 2016 and we are only halfway through Feb that problem is happening way too often to be enjoyable.
Yes i know people will say well dont do the event then, but i want to do the events i just dont want them to be so often that i have to plan and change my gameplay to achieve them.

DeletedUser106685

If you prepare well, you can finish the event within one day.