• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] foe.kwister

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16026

For more info on third party sites please see EXTERNAL RESOURCES.

This particular thread can be used for discussion and questions about the site foe.kwister.com. It is preferred that for any feedback/suggestions/comments you contact the site owners directly through their site to ensure they receive your information. Discussion, questions and requests for assistance with said site are welcome in this thread.

foe.kwister, is a website that mainly provides easy calculations and data comparisons for Forge of Empires. You can use it to quickly compare the output of two supply buildings, or for easily viewing information such as common game abbreviations and Great Building properties.

The website is still work in progress and will include:
- An easy reference to stats regarding individual buildings;
- Possibility to compare buildings (house vs house, great building vs great building, decoration vs decoration);
- Allowing players to advise certain figures & automatic calculations will be done based on percentages etc.

The owners are looking for suggestions/ideas as to what they can do - you can send those directly to them at forge[at]kwister.com (replace [at] with @). You can discuss this particular site in the [DISCUSSION] foe.kwister thread.

foe.kwister is an unofficial 3rd party site, and is not directly affiliated with InnoGames.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just a suggestion, but I think you should mark buildings which are premium (diamonds) so it's easy to find them and also it does not confuse the user in thinking the production building is free.

Even if you take a diamond building and compare it with a non diamond building, it doesn't even mention it there.

Just a thought...

Regards,

Dread

DeletedUser653

hi gordykins,
nice web site, good progress so far.
but alas i tend to use the byordie thread as it gives me the same data but in list format rather then just comparing 2 buildings. Plus by by a simple copy and paste to excel i was able to modify the data to include the cost of roads (does it use 1x1 or 2x2 roads) and can now see and compare all production and happy buildings on a simple list format.
So a "List format" is much better and need to consider the extra cost of 2x2 roads needed over 1x1 roads.

But nice work and I am sure many players will use it

DeletedUser107714

but alas i tend to use the byordie thread as it gives me the same data but in list format rather then just comparing 2 buildings

Its a work in progress - i only started it a week or so ago.. :) - Where is the 'byordie thread' ? I searched for it but got many un-related threads/messages. I'll check the 'list format' & see what i can improve

DeletedUser653

the post is here
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-buildings-units-towers-and-expansions.28247/
Its a post written many years ago by Vanguard but Byeordie has been doing all the hard work updating it for the last 2 years.
It also has some missing data which you need such as 24hr TE house etc

you can find it in FOE Guides, Best Guides,
Table Guide to all buildings, units, towers and expansions
includes a lot of the missing data, such as the 24hr TE house.

I see houses are now in list format thats a lot better in my view, but in deciding which to build or delete its important to understand if the building must be connected by a 1x1 road or a 2x2 road as a building needing a 2x2 road takes up x more squares then a building only needing 1x1 roads

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107714

Roads added now (in progress).. as i havn't got to the later stages as yet - Can anyone after COLONIAL, please confirm the details of any premium buildings - if they need roads or not (im working backwards)

DeletedUser2989

The Industrial Age, Progressive Era and Contemporary Era premium houses need 1x1 roads, all the rest after the Colonial Age require 2x2 roads.
The Industrial Age and Progressive Era premium supply buildings need 1x1, all the rest after the Colonial require 2x2 roads.
The Industrial Age, Progressive Era, Tomorrow and The Future premium cultural buildings need 1x1 roads, all the rest after the Colonial Age require 2x2 roads.

DeletedUser5180

The Industrial Age, Progressive Era and Contemporary Era premium houses need 1x1 roads, all the rest after the Colonial Age require 2x2 roads.
The Industrial Age and Progressive Era premium supply buildings need 1x1, all the rest after the Colonial require 2x2 roads.
The Industrial Age, Progressive Era, Tomorrow and The Future premium cultural buildings need 1x1 roads, all the rest after the Colonial Age require 2x2 roads.

Future Era premium cultural needs only a 1x1 road

DeletedUser107714

Hello. Buildings have land areas - eg 3x2, 4x5, 4x2 etc...

On some screens, you can sort by the land areas - Ie, press a link & the '1st' number is sorted, press the link again, & the 2nd number is sorted.

EG click on the "landa rea" image on this screen - http://foe.kwister.com/residential - try it a few times & see the differences.

I'm just wondering, how to phrase this in a short meaningful way (for google searches) - EG :- "sorted by 1st land area", but that doesnt make sense.
(it needs to make sense to anyone who hasnt seen this forumpost too)

Any ideas ?

DeletedUser104843

Multistory House IS a Premium building as you have to pay Diamonds to unlock the research. It was only ever done this way once.

not sure if your still looking for that answer but the question was still up in the site so thought I would mentin it

DeletedUser

Multistory House IS a Premium building as you have to pay Diamonds to unlock the research. It was only ever done this way once.

not sure if your still looking for that answer but the question was still up in the site so thought I would mentin it

Really, which Age and Research needed to be unlocked with Diamonds?

Dread

joesoap

Major-General
upload_2016-1-9_1-40-15.png

not sure whether this is classed as a premium research or a premium building as it just needs coins & supplies to build once unlocked

DeletedUser

View attachment 9651

not sure whether this is classed as a premium research or a premium building as it just needs coins & supplies to build once unlocked

Nice one! Thanks for that +1. However I have to say it is debatable if it is premium or not. The problem is if you class it as a diamond building then you have to spend diamonds each and every time you build one. However, if you consider it a premium building as a one time thing then yes it would be premium.

Maybe it needs to be listed as non-premium but requires diamonds to unlock. It can't really go into the premium section category as you simply just don't need diamonds to place it only unlock it. A bit of a weird one.

Regards,

Dread

DeletedUser2989

It's only the equivalent of the "premium residential" of other ages/eras, being specific it's a "normal residential" locked up in a "premium tech". As such I think the foe.kwister site has displayed it fairly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.