• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Diplomacy Feature

• Thread starter DeletedUser12400
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12400

Proposal: Add a diplomacy feature to the game so guilds are able to declare particular guilds as being allies or enemies.

Reason: Most guilds has allies and enemies so it will definitely improve quality of Guild versus Guild.

Details: You can add other guilds as allies. The confirmation from other guild founders will be required if want to become allies. In gvg continent map allies get different color.

Visual Aid:
Diplomacy.jpg

GCM1.png

GCM2.png

DeletedUser653

I played TW for nearly 2 years and suspect 95% of players here have not played it and could not. Its a nice idea but I suspect it pushes FOE too far towards a GvG based game, nearer to FOE and away from being a sim city game so will be rejected.

So +1 from me :)

DeletedUser15432

This idea will make it easier to tell friend from foe on the GvG map, however, this should also be extended to cover the neighbours bar as it is sometime difficult if you play on more than one world and each world has multiple alliances to remember who you can/can not plunder on any given world, a definite +1 from me with regards to this idea

DeletedUser1081

I suspect it pushes FOE too far towards a GvG based game, nearer to FOE and away from being a sim city game so will be rejected.

Do you mean "nearer to Tribal Wards"?
I suspect everyone here who's stopped playing TW in favour of FoE
prefers FoE because it's not TW. And (as the designer of FoE has pointed out)
those who prefer TW should be playing TW

DeletedUser5180

This idea will make it easier to tell friend from foe on the GvG map, however, this should also be extended to cover the neighbours bar as it is sometime difficult if you play on more than one world and each world has multiple alliances to remember who you can/can not plunder on any given world, a definite +1 from me with regards to this idea

+1 for the OP idea and if it were to mean an updated neighbourhood bar as suggested by Pz then so much the better..... a coloured flash similar to the gold flash on unattached troops in army management to differentiate between each group would be great

Perhaps green = guild member, blue = allied guild member or on your friend list, red = enemy guild member and nothing = regular neighbour not attached to any of these groups.

DeletedUser100915

Like the idea, not so keen on yellow colour of allies though :-P
I like the above suggestion to make it a blue colour better. (sorry)

I think the guild leaders should be able to set options if the guild can attack allies or not aswell. Better to have a bulletproof system :)

+1 from me, as always a good suggestion from OT.

DeletedUser99588

+1 but would like to see some of the existing features like the event log improved first. By improved I mean actually keep a record of events and consistent display of information of what players have done.

DeletedUser

Many guilds say to other "we are allies with you", but they wait for a good moment and attack you. If that change is made, your guild will be safety. I have only 1 suggestion. There was a visual aid - a window, which is showing what will appear if you attack your ally or your enemy guild. I think that if a guild is ally with another guild and one of the guilds wants to attack the other one, first should be aborted their alliance. After that the guild, which ended the allience should be unable to attack the other guild for 12 or 24 hours. This will allow the other guild to make some measures. After all, I think your idea is great and I will give it a +1

DeletedUser12400

Many guilds say to other "we are allies with you", but they wait for a good moment and attack you. If that change is made, your guild will be safety. I have only 1 suggestion. There was a visual aid - a window, which is showing what will appear if you attack your ally or your enemy guild. I think that if a guild is ally with another guild and one of the guilds wants to attack the other one, first should be aborted their alliance. After that the guild, which ended the allience should be unable to attack the other guild for 12 or 24 hours. This will allow the other guild to make some measures. After all, I think your idea is great and I will give it a +1
That's why you need to choose your allies carefully.

DeletedUser

Why can't alinaces make unions. For example: guild "X" is ally with guild "Y" and guild "Z" and they make a "XYZ" union.

DeletedUser2989

The idea of unions is a fair step further than what this idea is suggesting, I'd say we'd best see how this idea goes first before adding too much to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.