• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.61

DeletedUser99588

I really disagree with a lot of the issues with the new message system.

Give it time to get used to it, the old message system was terrible. Threads disappeared at random, threads you sent didn't appear in your mailbox till they were replied too if at all, people were apparently deleting threads without reading them often meaning you were not communicating with them in the way you thought, it was only on PC, you had no idea what the last message you read was (okay you probably did but not as quickly as now).

While this has it's bugs as well, the mailbox only flashes occasionally (I think switching to GVG and back will reset it but that isn't good enough) overall it seems much more robust. I would like a slightly higher contrast or bolder font in mailbox (like the one that shows up when you are typing the message).

Guilds will get used to it and perhaps have to restrict notifier rights to prevent mailboxes being spammed once with stupid threads and again with people leaving stupid threads. Once you have left a thread though it's done don't complain about the mail you get from people leaving threads just leave them yourself, or talk to your guild notifiers about not creating stupid threads. Most guilds need 5 for communication... Trade, GVG, GBs, In game Chat, random stuff... random is probably not needed but there are loads of other fp chains etc that aren't as key and players, for multiple reasons, may want to opt out of.

While it is still early days after initial frustration I have left the threads I don't need and am having no issues, I have made a suggestion to improve it in another thread to ease the transition between threads for new players arriving and leaving.

Sorry that was really long.

The real problem is not that a new mail system was needed but they have once again implemented a feature onto the live servers incomplete with numerous issues raised in beta and duly ignored.

The new system has potential to be better than the old but unfortunately the developers appear to have selective hearing with regards to the problems and no respect for the live server customers who they consider to be extended beta players.

DeletedUser98783

I will admit that they do seem to have a fairly odd attitude towards the Beta server.

Either it is a test area to find bugs and potential issues or it is just a place to show players new features before they reach the main servers sort of like an ad for upcoming features. Currently it seems that things go from Beta to live in the same time regardless. So things seem to be put into Beta, then released regardless, which I don't think is the best use of a Beta site.

Anyway I still like the new messages, I have left the old threads and they aren't an issue for me any longer. I posted Leave thread before I went, if players don't want to see everybody leaving a thread that is no longer valid then all they have to do is leave themselves. As I said earlier my guild doesn't have lots of notifiers which probably helps things.

DeletedUser653

I tend to agree, we seem to get all the little bugs fixed, but as soon as we raise our voices against something major we get no feed back at all from the INNO team, the mods report that they have passed on our feeling but we never get any thing back from the developers and it seems that they do not want to know BETA if its a big problem which will mean a delay to the roll out.
Customer Service and INN@ should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

It seems that they want to use beta to test new functionality and will fix minor things we find but anything major is ignored.

The silly thing is that the new message system has a lot going for it, it needs a few tweaks to stop players moaning and a few changes to make it good. This could have been done in beta and then rolled out 4 weeks later into the main servers in which case everyone would be saying great new system.

DeletedUser99844

this new msseging system is pure trash ...nothing works as nedeed...
--> group mseges you have to organize again and again for every message bcoz system doesnt memorized grouip members !!?
--> there is only 22 lines of room and 5000 characters...not enough for lottery players list for example if there is 36 players you need 36 lines as minimum...
so in theory you need 80 lines....one for each player !!?
--> system produce it's own spam...each player who leave thread returns as new message...crazy !!!
--> no delete button !!

looks like new system had ben produced by newbies in information programming !! Shame for Inno !!

DeletedUser99692

this new msseging system is pure trash ...nothing works as nedeed...
--> group mseges you have to organize again and again for every message bcoz system doesnt memorized grouip members !!?
--> there is only 22 lines of room and 5000 characters...not enough for lottery players list for example if there is 36 players you need 36 lines as minimum...
so in theory you need 80 lines....one for each player !!?
--> system produce it's own spam...each player who leave thread returns as new message...crazy !!!
--> no delete button !!

looks like new system had been produced by newbies in information programming !! Shame for Inno !!

Do you want to add that if you are creating more than one message ( I.E. updating threads for swap etc) you have to exit messages entirely and re-enter before you get the Message Title option. I have just brought a new member into the guild redoing guild threads this is a nightmare.

DeletedUser

I will admit that they do seem to have a fairly odd attitude towards the Beta server.

Either it is a test area to find bugs and potential issues or it is just a place to show players new features before they reach the main servers sort of like an ad for upcoming features. Currently it seems that things go from Beta to live in the same time regardless. So things seem to be put into Beta, then released regardless, which I don't think is the best use of a Beta site.

Anyway I still like the new messages, I have left the old threads and they aren't an issue for me any longer. I posted Leave thread before I went, if players don't want to see everybody leaving a thread that is no longer valid then all they have to do is leave themselves. As I said earlier my guild doesn't have lots of notifiers which probably helps things.

The reason you are having no problems is because you are one of the people leaving a conversation before everybody else does, thus you don't get all those useless pages of spam. Imagine if you were the last person to leave a thread and getting 50+ people leaving multiple threads. Say you go on vacation for the weekend and come back to the first 30-40 pages of mail being so and so left a conversation. Guild leaders must stay in many more of the conversations than the average player and important messages get buried very deep.

I have asked my guild to not leave any conversations as this would effectively clean up the message system. However, it only takes one person to decide to leave, to start an entire avalanche of others leaving since they dont want to get the leaving messages either. in summary, 1 person leaves multiple threads, let's say 10. well, nobody else wants to get all those messages so now you have 10 more people leaving those 10 threads. Now you have 100 additional messages of others leaving threads. So, how many pages of spam is that now that others have to sift through to get to meaningful mail.

DeletedUser99844

Do you want to add that if you are creating more than one message ( I.E. updating threads for swap etc) you have to exit messages entirely and re-enter before you get the Message Title option. I have just brought a new member into the guild redoing guild threads this is a nightmare.

no, when the mssging group is organize it's OK until you like to change something..eg: remove one or more group members...than you need to re-enter all names again, without those you like to remove...this is bcoz you can't manage the group. This is not so big problem if you post to all members. Only for swap groups, lottery groups GvG by era groups...etc..where you doesn't wish to disturb all guildies if not nedeed !!

Roc8

Corporal
I am having an issue with the message indicator (bottom left) not highlighting when there is a new message. I have to check it regularly to see if there is a new message. I agree, the spamming is horrible. There should be a way for the originator to delete the thread when it is obsolete. The repeated new messages of someone leaving the conversation is annoying. This messaging system needs A LOT of improvement. The old system was fine. I don't see why they had to change the browser version.

DeletedUser101925

Well, I've got several pages filled with "new messages" from this morning and now it's going to be hard to figure out wich conversation is recent and wich aren't. All because one guild member decides to leave all conversations at once... -.-

Edit: Technically you did not have to edit my message. As no profanity was showing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

I am having an issue with the message indicator (bottom left) not highlighting when there is a new message. I have to check it regularly to see if there is a new message.
This is a known issue, it has been reported to the developers. The notifications are not updating correctly at the moment.

No mention is made of the 60 day limit for keeping messages in the inbox. Am i to understand that this will remain unchanged?
I believe messages will no longer be deleted after a certain period of time, but I will double check that and get back to you.
Just to confirm, at the moment there is no automatic deletion of messages after a certain period of time.

DeletedUser101242

Normally I don't complain, but this new massage system is bad, very bad.

DeletedUser105078

I have asked my guild to not leave any conversations as this would effectively clean up the message system. However, it only takes one person to decide to leave, to start an entire avalanche of others leaving since they dont want to get the leaving messages either. in summary, 1 person leaves multiple threads, let's say 10. well, nobody else wants to get all those messages so now you have 10 more people leaving those 10 threads. Now you have 100 additional messages of others leaving threads. So, how many pages of spam is that now that others have to sift through to get to meaningful mail.

After asking my guild not to leave any threads, one person did. To avoid the snowballing, I quickly bumped all the important guild threads, again reminding people not to leave a conversation on any account. I pointed out how all the spam they had received should be taken as a lesson not to leave threads until the message centre is fixed. If anybody else leaves threads again, I'll do the same thing. More work for guild leaders, but it's a way to keep your guild sane.

Hope that helps...

DeletedUser

On the other hand, it's important to know that somebody has left a conversation (say you reply to a guild thread expecting everyone to see it, and don't realise that some people have opted out).

Would it be possible to make it so that the "left conversation" warning does not bump the thread and does not produce an unread notification?

There's no need to go and read who's left which thread - the only time you need to know, is if you want to add something to a thread, and then you'd be able to see any "left conversation" notification.

Inno, solution is right here. Now implement it. Shouldn't be too hard.

DeletedUser15501

Inno, solution is right here. Now implement it. Shouldn't be too hard.

It's an improvement to the current situation but not the real solution. It's hard to follow a discussion or who has left the topic when between posts you constantly see several ''xxx left the conversation" messages. Better would be to let us know somewhere else in a neat list who so far has left the conversation, and not in the middle of the actual conversation which is annoying and also comes across as kinda rude to your fellow guild mates.

DeletedUser99692

@ Darkstar

Can you tell me if it is a known fault that you cannot create more that one message with a heading without having to exit and re-enter the message centre please.

DeletedUser106060

Just got back from a week away to find dozens of pages of sent messages that have been taken from my sent box (which no longer exists) and put into the message box. To delete (leave message) it now takes 5 mouse clicks rather than 1. Can we have the old single click delete and no notification of who has left the thread? The old system was far, far better. If you deleted a message and someone replied you got a notification, if no one replied or some one deleted the message you got nothing, and why should you? Now, reply after reply, this is chaos and putting many people off playing.
Before trying to expand to other platforms, please get the system right for existing players.

DeletedUser16026

@ Darkstar

Can you tell me if it is a known fault that you cannot create more that one message with a heading without having to exit and re-enter the message centre please.

Can you please elaborate a bit on the situation? Just to make sure I check depending on the right scenario.

For example if I create a message with person X and Y, I get to input a subject. If I then go to create another message, so as long as it's not with the same group (person X and Y), I can input a new subject. There's no need to leave the message center.

DeletedUser6065

Let's be careful here people.

There are some work-arounds being offered here, which is fine as far as they go. But I would still advocate a delete button. My inbox is growing, and threads I want to access are becoming buried. The 'no bump for leaving a convo' won't solve the ultimate problem of unwanted texting (of any sort) being stored.

Also, let's not lose sight of the 'latest messages to the top of the stack' issue.

Finally, riddle me this . . why do users have to find work-arounds for 'features' and 'improvements'?

. . . mk

DeletedUser99445

Finally, riddle me this . . why do users have to find work-arounds for 'features' and 'improvements'?

. . . mk

Errr Sorry for sticking my nose in but did someone say "Improvements"?
What am I missing? I checked everywhere and I couldn't find them.
Please elaborate :)