• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Message Center Diaster

DeletedUser10055

This must be the stupidest thing Inno have done to date

Been on messages for 10 minutes....already fed up with it....who on earth thought up ?....did they get paid by the competitors...?

this will destroy guilds ....most players will have to opt to leave group...which will make others think they are "anti-guild"......which will not be the case ...most of the time....

I don't want the guild to know I've deleted the message...it appears to be rude...so now my in-box has already gone mad......the result of which will be I will miss messages.......

Total garbage !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106439

I bet INNO started competition ...

THE FIRST PRICE GETS THE ONE WHO MAKES THE DUMBEST UPDATE AND CHANGE OF THE GAME ...

really can't find the words to describe this ... DUMB is the only word that pop ups in my head when i return to the game and check messages :(

Hope You are not paying your developers extra for the changes you make :D can't believe this ...

DeletedUser103858

I see by the earlier posts that this new message system has been previously released in Bet@ and promptly complained about, ignored by inno and released anyway on the main servers only to be complained about again for the same reasons,,,,so just one question - WHY ????

DeletedUser98461

Why do INNO always detroy everything which is not borken, and never fix what is really broken???

Inno = you really sucks!

DeletedUser102241

"xyz left the Conversation" is a huge issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

There are several other issues that should be improved too:
- no delete button (or hide button)
- too many clicks to see who is in a thread
- background too bright
- person's name too small and discrete
- "group name" is confusing when "subject" was clear

DeletedUser99445

This Sucks. Inno Devs are Unskilled or so they seem.
Where did the clever Developers go?????

DeletedUser103460

for me I can just about cope with it as long as I do not have to see every time someone leaves a thread.

DeletedUser103689

if we have to have 'xxxx has left the conversation' shouldnt that only go to the person that started the conversation ?

or just to those that have actively participated in the conversation ?

DeletedUser98663

New Message Centre: An Abomination!

The title says it all really. I could write an essay about ALL of the things wrong with it, but it would be much easier to list all of the things RIGHT with it.. so here goes:-

1. ...

See, didn't i say it'd be easy?

It's amazing how many threads from months, and months ago have been dragged up, just for the sole purpose of announcing "so-and-so has left the conversation" - but this doesn't even scratch the surface of the problems i expect to have (and already AM having) with it.

To paraphrase everybody's favourite Comic Book Guy:
"Worst... update... ever!"

DeletedUser103339

why do we have to know if someone leaves the message? who cares? It's impossible to use this system as their are so many people leaving the message gets buried beneath it all. You also can't tell if you read a post or not. I liked the quiet darkness of this game, now it's starting to look like a cartoon with the bright colors of the quest and message screens. I think I'll manage without the messages, but I'll be sad that a good thing in this game has been lost.

DeletedUser105078

I have very rarely felt the need to delete a thread. I just let it sit there in the inbox for however long it will stay - a few weeks I believe. The only times I've felt like deleting a thread is if it keeps getting updated with info I can't use - say from a previous guild I was in.

So why do players need to delete threads all the time?

DeletedUser97018

i personally don't like having hundreds of unneed msgs
why do i need to have 40 pages of msgs? it is impossible to find the one you need
it takes time and it also annoys me
and also, it's been said that new msgs will stay there and won't get deleted after 30 (or 60?) days like it was - it is written somewhere in the announcement or in discussion thread about it

edit: was said in here

DeletedUser2989

I have very rarely felt the need to delete a thread. I just let it sit there in the inbox for however long it will stay - a few weeks I believe. The only times I've felt like deleting a thread is if it keeps getting updated with info I can't use - say from a previous guild I was in.

People got used to deleting messages and having them pop back up once there was something new to read, it kept their inboxes relatively clean. In some guilds people even got used to constantly creating new threads for each new trade or what not and that forced others to go through and delete the ones that aren't interesting or suffer a flooded inbox. The system we have now encourages people to use as few conversations as possible and to share all the messages but understandably some people don't like that and really if a delete or hide function was added there wouldn't be as many angry people. Would also need to stop the "Left conversation" messages being treated as new posts so that they don't "refresh" the conversation or overwrite the brief overview of the last actual message.

DeletedUser7719

and also, it's been said that new msgs will stay there and won't get deleted after 30 (or 60?) days like it was - it is written somewhere in the announcement or in discussion thread about it

edit: was said in here
Luckily, I have an empty inbox on A, and it seems we should still have the 60 day limit:
5KPPp8X.png

DeletedUser100423

I complained about message system when it was just beta, I can't believe it has come into the other worlds, I am addicted to this game and play in every world - now seriously considering giving up the game altogether as mail takes far too long to attend to, before I could see what the mail was about and delete it straight away now I have to enter it so I can delete it - devs really stuffed up a good game

DeletedUser653

Because players will leave a thread and if your the last one in a 80 strong guild you will get over a period of time 79 updates to that one message. hence players leave a tread as they do not want these updates from everyone else leaving

DeletedUser99844

This new message system is pure disaster:
--> you can't see Who sent the message
--> you can't delete message !!!!!deleting old messages is not a solution,
bcoz arrived new unwanted ones daily !!!!!!!!!!!
These are 2 most important points...others are already posted before

moifant
Houndsmoore

DeletedUser

Because players will leave a thread and if your the last one in a 80 strong guild you will get over a period of time 79 updates to that one message. hence players leave a tread as they do not want these updates from everyone else leaving

some simple solutions to this awful messaging system would be, to a much shorter time frame for messaged to be deleted automatically, say 10 days. Also, so that we may keep the important ones, have a save message feature, so that ones we need to keep going for longer than the 10 days would be no problem. In addition to these, remove the feature which allows someone to leave a conversation, or just simply not have that generate a message. Also, put the delete message feature back in, for those who seem to be obsessed with doing this, lol. I never bothered to delete them before, i just let them fall off when they expired.

i am also very suspicious that this whole messaging system debacle is due to making it app friendly.

DeletedUser99235

LOL this thread is moving faster than the 'RESET TIME' thread did!!!
Only difference here is INNO tested this new feture on BETA and got a load of complains BEFORE releasing it on the real worlds!!!

INNO im guessing you are trying to move the game onto Mobile platforms over PC platforms??? IE message system im sure is better on Mobiles... Reset time was better for Mobiles as they are not involved in GvG...
I also guess just because Mobile platforms have an easier to see complaints section on APP Markets they will get things fixed faster/better???
I imagine Mobile App Stores are now full of 5 star ratings because a messsage system has been intreduced...even though it is much worse on the PC platform..

Can we assume this will be the way to come for more fetures of the game??
(maybe thats one of the reasons the second TE GB is soooooo late?.. is there a problem with the mobile fuctionality of it??)

DeletedUser107348

I had guild wide message permissions and after the update nobody does. This new system is a complete disaster.