• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.61

DeletedUser9168

Having read and reread the changelog several times, i now have some questions which i would appreciate being answered by the Admin team:
As you can see on the picture above, there is one 1:1 conversation (and you can also see the beginning of the last message) and four group messages.
Group messages you can recognize by the group name an (sic) the group icon.
i cannot see any group name written anywhere to indicate what the groups in the example are representing

If you want to create a new message, you will have to open the second tab:
.....and a button to add all guild members with a single click.

Does this mean we are losing the notifier right in guild member rights? - or will only
authorised members be able to initiate whole guild messages?

Keep in mind that the new system works differently, so all the old messages will be marked as read and shown as group conversations (including old 1:1 messages).

So who will these previous 1-to-1 conversations now be able to be read by? confidential info is often discussed on a 1-on-1 basis - will the whole guild now be able to read these previous conversations should they choose to do so? or will it in effect be listed as a group containing only 2 members? This has implications especially for Guild founders.

No mention is made of the 60 day limit for keeping messages in the inbox. Am i to understand that this will remain unchanged?

DeletedUser16026

i cannot see any group name written anywhere to indicate what the groups in the example are representing
2.png
In the above image you can see that messages with individuals (private messages) are displayed with the avatar of said player and their username (as an example see the message with siorprajs). Messages with more than 1 person will be displayed with a "group icon" and the subject provided by the original creator (all the other messages in this image fall in this category).

Does this mean we are losing the notifier right in guild member rights? - or will only
authorised members be able to initiate whole guild messages?
The notifier right should still work as intended, meaning you can "add all guild members" when creating a message only if you have that right.

So who will these previous 1-to-1 conversations now be able to be read by? confidential info is often discussed on a 1-on-1 basis - will the whole guild now be able to read these previous conversations should they choose to do so? or will it in effect be listed as a group containing only 2 members? This has implications especially for Guild founders.
The messages will only be accessible by those who were initially part of it. The only thing that will change is the displayed icon (the conversion from the old system to the new system requires them to be displayed as "group messages" as they cannot be differentiated - but this is only a display change).

No mention is made of the 60 day limit for keeping messages in the inbox. Am i to understand that this will remain unchanged?
I believe messages will no longer be deleted after a certain period of time, but I will double check that and get back to you.

DeletedUser9168

thank you for your quick response.
i am still unclear over one item - groups and their names
you create a group to receive that message thread and create a group name for it. can this group name then be reused at a later date?
to me, all the different group icons which you say are 4 different groups in the example shown, all look exactly the same, and i can see no group name on the icons. (but maybe there are subtle differences which my old eyes are failing to pick up). The message header is in the position of the players name in the 1-to-1 convo depicted.

DeletedUser96901

Messages with more than 1 person will be displayed with a "group icon" and the subject provided by the original creator (all the other messages in this image fall in this category).
and that subject is the "group name" :rolleyes:

DeletedUser16026

Yes, the "group name" mentioned in the announcement is the subject of the message. This subject will be displayed at all times for that message thread.

DeletedUser9168

so - just to be clear about these things, if i wish to see who is involved in a particular conversation, (anything above a 1-to-1 convo), I will need to
1. open the thread
2. click on 3 lines to open a menu
3. select 'group info'
4. scroll down to see who the recipients are
5. reverse the process, closing 3 screens individually to return to my inbox to examine the next message thread in a similar fashion

Hovering over the header as we did previously was presumably considered too time-consuming. Thank goodness we have an informative message center screen showing us extracts from each message to glance at and ignore --- oh.... wait ......

Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 17.57.08.png

at this rate it won't just be silsatykki leaving the conversation.

DeletedUser97018

and since you still insist on keeping that "silsatykki left the conversation" notification, that number 1 - 9+ doesn't say how many new msgs you have, it is more likely to say how many ppl tried to clear the clutter in their inbox only making it much worse for everyone else...
why is it so hard to have delete?!?!?!?! without notification to others!
AND with 1 single click? :confused:
oh and yes, it feels sooooo good when you know that your feedback is taken into consideration, i feel so warm around my heart...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser6974

......... Maybe they can as we all keep coming back for more.

sadly they are not coming back for more, we have a guild for our Vets to go to when they leave the game. Just from our guild the Vets has grown to over 30 players now, many of them were our top players and GvG generals, threw in the towel after getting so tired of Inno ignoring their customers pleas.

DeletedUser653

playing in the "other world" which i cannot mention and looking at the forum there this new message service is not liked and as a founder of a guild it is hated. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but another new feature which has not been welcomed in "B@t@" and is pretty much hated in my guild.
Everytime I look at my messages I get 20 messages saying "player xyz has left the conversation" and have to open each and every message to see what the last useful message is. Sorry but my view is this does not work in "B@t@" we told you it does not work in "B@t@" but you still implement it without any changes in the main worlds. Whats the point of a "B@t@" world to test things in if you then ignore players feedbacks and introduce it here with no changes.

INNO- please tell me i am wrong and that it includes fixes for the issues detailed in "B@t@", please, please

PS i wrote this after reading the first few posts on the first page, I agree 100% with all the players posting about how *bad* this is in BETA and that we said it was *bad* in BETA and INNO you ignored us yet again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100555

Whats the point of a "B@t@" world to test things in if you then ignore players feedbacks and introduce it here with no changes.

You can't guarantee things on Beta will arrive the same on the main servers (that's why we shouldn't discuss it here).

However, what on earth are they doing making last minute fixes and then deploying them live on main servers ? *Every* change should go through beta first no-matter how minor. That way you avoid screwing up e.g. the social bar on the main servers. Development process is there for a reason.

DeletedUser104718

When will we be able to get the treasure hunt quest to appear also on the iphones etc thanks?

DeletedUser6065

'You can't guarantee things on Beta will arrive the same on the main servers (that's why we shouldn't discuss it here). . . '

This statement is, unfortunately, wildly inaccurate. It is the very rare occasion when 'what happens in Beta, stays in Beta'. Usually very, very minor adjustments (not fixes) are instituted, and (I might safely say) never involving the 'major' issues.

Finally, it is extremely proper to discuss Beta here. The Beta is [supposedly] the test server, and discussions here allow the user community at large to accurately gauge how well (or not) the developers are performing their obligations to the users, especially those who do not follow Beta. It brings to the forefront the actual workings of the development team, not just the overall soap job that Per dishes out on the monthly YouTube infomercials. It also allows all who are interested [read: frustrated] to quite accurately gauge just how effective moderator feedbacks to the developers are, especially when coupled with information regarding Beta moderator feedback to those same developers regarding these same issues.

Beta discussion here regarding things such as 'passed through' bugs, ill-conceived 'features', and general user dissatisfaction is long overdue. This server [rightly or wrongly] is an extension of the Beta server. The issues here are not unique. If you wish to preclude Beta discussions here, then I might suggest making this a unique server with it's own issues. And, you accomplish that by resolving the problems on Server Beta, and not let them resurface here on what is arguably the Beta Dumping Ground.

. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96745

i dont understand, if we get stuff from unnamed server, why can't we discuss it. It never changes from there to here...

DeletedUser2989

Unfortunately it's presented in the forum rules as follows:
Please refrain from discussing other FoE servers (language and beta) in our forums. Each site gets updates at its own pace so things may be corrected from one site and not yet the other. Also complaining about features on other sites needlessly riles up other players.
Given that the only reason I can give for the rule is that because the two servers are running different versions of the game what is experienced on one may be different on the other (thus the confusion caused by reading what people said would happen due to beta only to find it turning out different). Be that right or wrong it's in the forum rules until it's changed (which would be up to the CM's or those above them).

In saying that the concerns about the "XXX has left the conversation" spam is relevant to this thread as the update clearly indicates that such messages appear and it's not hard to assume that the problem will arise (experiences between beta and here though may differ). I would hope that the feedback to remove those notices (or at least make them less visible in terms of the message overview by not treating them as a "response") is seriously considered, however in the mean time I know my guild is preparing to minimize the spam should it pose a threat. Just going off the information in the update, specifically the note quoted below, it's going to require an adjustment to the way many of us are used to treating messages.
Note: this works differently than deleting a conversation in the old system. If you leave a conversation, you leave it for good, so it won't show up again in the future.
Those of us that were used to deleting messages happy to wait for a response will need to adjust to keeping messages in the inbox, those that used to create a new message for every trade or "GB close to leveling" notification will also need to adjust (as these messages are going to be the likely sources of any "XXX has left the conversation" spam). These adjustments aren't an improvement but there are at least other elements of improvement such as the ability to permanently leave a message or the reduction in the need to refresh to see messages. Don't get me wrong I am all for features spending a longer time in beta (I'm not a fan of things coming out in parts), which would hopefully lead to less bugs and less "back-flipping" over features not given enough time for feedback (not to mention it'd be nice to also get a response from Inno regarding their evaluation of the feedback before implementation so that we know where we stand). But given the current way things work and the current update there certainly seems to be some elements that we'll need to prepare for in order to minimize the risk posed by the flaws in the feature.

DeletedUser653

message i sent to all guilds i am in across many worlds, feel free to copy and paste

*******URGENT ACTION REQUIRED*******
UPDATE 1.61 come in on Oct 1st
This brings a new message system which is creating hell in Beta right now because a player may leave the conversation in which case the conversation is remailed to everyone left on the circulation. Your inbox will become a massive mess of messages saying "player XYZ has left the conversation". If 12 players leave a conversation before you click on it to read it the last real message will be 4 pages down.

There are some things we can do to help ourselves.
1) restart all official guild wide messages before the update and
2) every player delete all old messages which you can start doing now.

You have been warned if you have an old message and a player leaves the conversation you and every player left on it will be remailed the thread again with the top message saying "player XYZ has left the conversation".
PLEASE REMEMBER TO DELETE ALL OLD MESSAGES THIS IS URGENT

DeletedUser99588

Well the morning has passed in Europe and no update. Does this mean we are going to be spared having to suffer this half finished feature?

Ever the optimist ;-)

DeletedUser1094

I was kicked because of an update...
...but no new message-system yet. ;)