• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is it possible for Alcatraz to give only 1 type of units when there are two barracks?

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I have 6 Helicopters Base and 1 Rogue hideout in my city ... When i checked just now the Army management screen after collecting from Alcatraz I haven't received even a single Rogue today ...SO i m assuming it should all 8 Helicopters (no way i can confirm this or that I have even received any units at all from my Alcatraz) ...Now I genuinely want to know whether is this possible or is it some kind of bug giving out all one type of unit only ... I was able to find out that I haven't received any rogues because All the rogues I had were injured barring 8 of them .... So i was hoping to get some fresh rogues from my Alcatraz to allow me to fight and to my surprise not even one was available for me to fight barring the same eight I had before ...

DeletedUser7719

The amount of barracks you have skews what the building produces. Since you have 6 Helicopters Bases and 1 Rogue Hideout, you would get (on average) 6 times as many copters as rogues, so 8 copters and 0 rogues is definitely possible

DeletedUser96901

yes you can get 8 helicopters

and the chances for that are 29%
because you don't have 2 barracks but 7 (6 of them helicopter)
and (6/7) ^ 8 is 29%

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Darn it.... And all this time i was thinking that Alcatraz will always consider it as 2 units only .. I was under the impression that I will get units from all the barracks compulsorily I have in my city albeit in different ratio favoring the one of which i have more barracks ...:(

Thanks for the reply guys ...Just my luck ...when i need them I don't get them ...

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser5180

sometimes it can pay to delete all military barracks except rogue hideout (and CR if you have) so Alcatraz builds up stocks of them

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
sometimes it can pay to delete all military barracks except rogue hideout (and CR if you have) so Alcatraz builds up stocks of them

Yeah i think i will have to do that to gain some rogues ...but as i said earlier i was under the wrong impression till to date that Alcatraz compulsorily gives units of all the barracks in a city ... just today it has been clarified ....so now the only option left for me is to delete all helicopters bases for a week to gain only rogues from Alcatraz ...

DeletedUser2006

or wait for rogues hideout in the winter quests as the special Prize of the day and get them as many as you can.
the best alternate option i guess ;)

DeletedUser15432

With a total of 7 barracks (6 helicopter bases and 1 rogues retreat) the fraction is 6/7ths for the probability of getting rogues, this equates to 14.71% for the rogues and 85.29% for the helicopters not as erroneously stated in an earlier thread 29% for rogues

DeletedUser96901

... not as erroneously stated in an earlier thread 29% for rogues
the 29% was for getting 8 helicopters in his situation when collecting his 8 daily units
and (6/7) ^ 8 is 29%

:rolleyes:

and 71%: at least one of the eight units is a rogue

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15425

reviving this thread because trazzy seems to be quite partial to anything but rogues lol. i've stripped down all my military buildings to try and get some rogues (except the champs because they can't be rebuilt... :( ). so I have 2 champs buildings and 1 rogue hideout... I keep getting 5 champs and 1 rogue for days now. I know the chances are theoretically 1:6 but somehow trazzy doesn't like the rogues. meh. I say, redo the randomizer. lol

DeletedUser7719

reviving this thread because trazzy seems to be quite partial to anything but rogues lol. i've stripped down all my military buildings to try and get some rogues (except the champs because they can't be rebuilt... :( ). so I have 2 champs buildings and 1 rogue hideout... I keep getting 5 champs and 1 rogue for days now. I know the chances are theoretically 1:6 but somehow trazzy doesn't like the rogues. meh. I say, redo the randomizer. lol
If you have only two champ retreats and one rogue hideout, the chances are 2:1 (in favor of champs), so you should be getting about 2 rogues a day on average. Just wait a few more days and you'll likely have a few 3 Champs & 3 rogues and mostly 4 Champs & 2 rogues

DeletedUser5180

i would imagine it also depends on the level of your alcatraz, (lets say for example its still at a quite low level and produces 7 units a day) then if you have 6 helicopters and one rogue its perfectly feasable thet you may not get any rogues for days but if your traz is at a higher level and giving 14+ troops a day then your chances of getting rogues will increase.

if you are wanting a high output of rogues you must have as few alternative military buildings as possible especially if your traz is only producing a few units per day.

DeletedUser2989

Just to add an observation I made over the first 5 days of the Tomorrow Era when I had 1 Champ Retreat and 1 Rogue Hideout. My Alcatraz produces 6 units and I got mostly 1 Champ and 5 Rogues or 2 Champs and 4 Rogues. However unlike Sunny24 I didn't want more Rogues, maybe it senses what we don't want and preferences it :p