• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: (Other) Military Building Overhaul

DeletedUser105579

Proposal:

Each military building will have an accessible menu regardless of if a troop is training.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Could not find anything similar

Reason:

It can be frustrating at times to not be able to see which buildings have the dead troops (if multiple), which buildings have troops of what health (useful for attack planning), etc.

Details:

An example:
You have, lets say, two archer barracks. Each one is loading a troop, so you cannot click on them. You would want to check on each one to refresh your memory on where the dead and injured troops are. With this idea, you can click on the military building while a troop is loading, to look at the contents. (see visual aid for example picture).

In essense, you will be able to continue your interactions with the military buildings page while there is a troop loading. You can buy new slots, check on troop health, and see dead troops.

Visual Aids:

Military Building Panel:
Creation2.jpg
In this barrack, there is one dead troop at left, one troop being made, one troop healing, and one troop fully healed
(Sorry for the quality, I do not have PS)

Balance:

Does not create any balance issues.

Abuse Prevention:

Does not create any abuse issues.

Summary:
An allowance for players to check their military buildings while troops are loading.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

+1

i've always thought it silly that you can't access a bulding if troops are training

DeletedUser105579

I made a slightly large-ish change to the OP (second half of details and second spoiler tag..)

DeletedUser7719

I wouldn't go for Roman Numerals, they'd take too much space for numbers like 3 or 8. It would be easier to keep normal digits

DeletedUser105579

I guess... I'll make a new picture tomorrow
I was thinking that roman numerals would go with the "military look", but that's a valid problem

DeletedUser2989

The new part of your idea has already been forwarded (here), I'm trying to go through the forwarded ideas with the CCM's/CM to see what progress is being made with them but it's taking some time. :(

DeletedUser105579

Should I leave it in this or edit it out? (Or I could leave it in there and strikethrough it?)
I edited it out but I have a copy on notepad in-case you say leave it there :p

I'm trying to go through the forwarded ideas with the CCM's/CM to see what progress is being made with them but it's taking some time. :(

Thats why we love you Tankovy :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

I'd leave it out, that way the idea can be forwarded without repeating the building identification idea.

DeletedUser99588

I'm sure I read somewhere this is something that Anwar or Blacksmith said was going to happen back in the day.

DeletedUser15432

I think this would be useful, therefore a +1 from for this idea

DeletedUser2989

I'm sure I read somewhere this is something that Anwar or Blacksmith said was going to happen back in the day.

Anwar did mention a change to the Barracks but that was on the issue of identifying which troops come from which barracks (seen here) not on the ability to view the barracks while it is training someone.

Oh and I haven't +1'ed this idea... +1 :)