• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Idea for peaceful players

DeletedUser105078

Proposal:
For peaceful players, create just ONE new world where plundering is disabled.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same/similar idea
Searched and not found.

Reason:
This game attracts not only people who are into fighting, but also people who are just into building cities; unfortunately, the plundering aspect of the game usually upsets people who are not into fighting. They usually complain a bit and then leave the game. You don't often see them in this forum. But in the game, I meet these peaceful people all the time.

Maybe FOE was not originally designed for us peaceful folk - but we do play, and spend diamonds too, so it might be to everyone's advantage to keep us :)

Details:
We have 11 worlds at the moment - I suggest we have a 12th world where plundering is disabled. This would be similar to other games, where you have a choice of PvP or non-PvP servers. Actually, the PvP aspect of FOE is fine, many people do it just for points or because they enjoy the battle strategy, and they announce in their profile that they do not plunder. The battle system in FOE is great, imo, because it is strategy based and does not harm another player. GvG is also fine to have available because you can chose to do it or not to do it. But for peaceful players, the plundering is an intrusion on their play-style.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
N/A

Abuse Prevention:
None that I can think of.

Summary:
Create a 12th world where plundering is disabled to attract and keep peaceful players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

Hi SylverMoon, this is a topic that has come up a few times and while I understand why players want to have some "unique" worlds (I too wouldn't mind such worlds) the dev's at this point will not be making any unique worlds. The community managers asked (when Korch was announced) if it would be possible to get worlds with special conditions, for example No plundering or No Diamonds or No GvG, etc., but we were told that it is intended that all the worlds are the same.

As such I'll have to mark this one "Do Not Suggest" :(

patrick3377

Corporal
What if devs implement a PvP flag to players. When you attack/plunder someone, you're flagged for pvp for a period of 1 week (as an example) and others can plunder you... after the period the flag will expire and you're pvp neutral again.

People that never attack & plunder will never be flagged for pvp, so they can build in peace... Only problem is if a PvP person land in a hood that is very very peaceful - as this would mean no plunder at all till hood change.

That flag could be turned ON by a player (even this peace-lover) and turned OFF at any time, given no PvP action was taken. Why?
Simple - you may be a builder, without offensive army, still you may try yourself and prove to pvp'ers that you're strong enough to keep them at a bay.

I don't really want peaceful folks move to other worlds, but i know that unlimited plundering is something they don't really like and should be somehow limited.

(now u can tell me i should create new thread as it is new idea ;) )

DeletedUser2989

If I understand what you're suggesting it would be the following:
All players would default to "PvP off", as soon as someone attacks someone else they are forced for 1 week yo have "PvP on" meaning they can now be plundered. However if anyone attacks and plunders that person they also get forced to "PvP on", opening themselves up to plunder. Peaceful players would still get attacked but never plundered.

I'll have to ask a community manager about that, it sounds like something that wouldn't be implemented (some would say it's overkill protection from plundering...) but I'm not 100% sure at the moment.

Edit: It doesn't fall under "Do Not Suggest" at this time, the thread you've started can remain open for voting.