• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Improvement to Upgrade Quests

DeletedUser7719

Proposal:
Improve the quests in special events that want you to upgrade a building by selling it.

Have I...:
No similar ideas

Reason:
There are many players that want to keep their building in their inventory, and may forget to place it in their city, or they want to upgrade a less-improved building (i.e. an Industrial Age player may want to upgrade their Iron Age Tree of Love (to an Industrial Great Tree of Love) over their LMA Great Tree of Love)

Details/Visual Aid:
No visual aid this time. The idea is that there will be an abortable quest that will first ask for you to sell the highest building (i.e. for this last event, the Great Tree of Love), so if you don't have one, you can abort that quest. Then the next abortable quest will ask for you to sell the next highest building (i.e. Tree of Love), so you can continue to abort these quests until it gives you the one which anyone can complete (i.e. sell a decoration) which will not be an abortable quest.
Note once you complete one of these quests, you will not get another upgrade quest ;)

Abuse:
None

Summary:
Improve the final quests in a special event that want you to sell a building to upgrade it.

DeletedUser96901

the goal is to get the newest building, not to upgrade what you want
so the result should stay the same: 1 Eternal Tree of Love and 1 Tree of Love, not: 2 Great Tree of Loves (in the case above)

the only thing that could be improved: recognizing what is in the inventory
if you have forgotten to build your Great Tree of Love you should get the quest to upgrade that

and one thing that may also be changed:
Event buildings that are object of getting to better event building (Tree of Love, Graveyard, ...) should not be prizes in other events
then there wouldn't even the problem which Tree you sell
the Eternal Tree of Love (and same for graveyard) should show that you have done the Valentines Event for a third time:
missing it the first year but then getting it the normal Tree in another event is wrong in my eyes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I would be in agreement of you that it should pick up the inventory and should only be able to upgrade your oldest building, but:
missing it the first year but then getting it the normal Tree in another event is wrong in my eyes
That's why I don't mind seeing two Great Trees of Love over being forced to upgrade your highest building. Even though it may be wrong in your eyes that's how it's been working. Plus, what I'm proposing now is at least better than the current situation ;)

DeletedUser80579

+1 I like the idea of an abortable quest, although some players may get confused by it? Many people already seem confused now when they dont have to choose :p

But I think that its not feasible to get the quests to search inventories.

DeletedUser2989

I'm -1 on this as I think it'd add more complexity to the quests when it's not needed. If they want to improve their old and lesser unique buildings then they'd have the chance to when the big events come along (which are why they have more than 1 of some of these unique event buildings in the first place). I know that usually these events give you the base version of the building (confectionery instead of the other 2) but they can still improve their lesser ones in terms of age.

I think a better variant of the idea would be to give a quest that allows you to "upgarde (by selling) 1 of the following buildings". An example, Sell a Tree of Love OR a Great Tree of Love to receive the upgraded version (with the alternative being presented if no such buildings are present). That way you don't have to reject quests to get the right one, all options are counted in the same quest. Sure some people will still get confused and say "I thought it said sell both" but once again it comes down to reading the quests properly.

DeletedUser

the only thing that could be improved: recognizing what is in the inventory
if you have forgotten to build your Great Tree of Love you should get the quest to upgrade that

+ 1:o
I like the above mentioned idea by Test Ament :o
But in the case that this isn't an implementable action for the game Developers, then I agree with Byerodie's Proposal, since it would be an improvement than the last situation with the Valentine's Event quest: An Eternal Love :o

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

I am undecided on this and therefore give it a 0 as I can not decide whether it would be good or bad for the game