• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Response to Peaceful and Self-sufficent

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
Delighted to find your journal. After the first few military encounters I have also decided to try and use the peaceful option. It takes a little longer perhaps but I am finding it more satisfying. As someone once said "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent".
I am trading with my neighbours but what I can't get by trade I will make myself, even if I don't own the resources. It just takes a bit longer. Thank you for your useful insights.

DeletedUser98465

Take your pick:

“I'm really a peaceful sort of coward.” ― L.A. Meyer

“Chirp of coward shouted in crowd, dare to speak but not to be known.” ― Toba Beta

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ― G.K. Chesterton

"Being strong is not the same as being a strong being. I should know because cowardice runs in my family, as I always run from my fears.” ― Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not for Sale

"Anything worth having is worth fighting for.” ― Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Heaven, Texas

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ― G.K. Chesterton

"Anything worth having is worth fighting for.” ― Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Heaven, Texas

I couldn't agree more and I certainly do keep a strong defence. ;)

DeletedUser15432

There is also a very famous quote which offers a counter argument as follows: -

"Diplomacy is not complete unless ratified on the battlefield"

And another quote as follows:

"The last resort of diplomacy is the battlefield"

Need I say any more

DeletedUser99445

Delighted to find your journal. After the first few military encounters I have also decided to try and use the peaceful option. It takes a little longer perhaps but I am finding it more satisfying. As someone once said "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent".
I am trading with my neighbours but what I can't get by trade I will make myself, even if I don't own the resources. It just takes a bit longer. Thank you for your useful insights.

I would have said that violence is the First! resort of the incompetent. Shows what I know, although I still think I'm right.