• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Plundering

DeletedUser99588

Aahhhh geeesh, not you too Thanatos!

Lol mink, yes me too but I rarely plunder and normally just to fulfil a quest. My main city has hardly ever been plundered because I put more effort into making sure I make collections on time and to stay near to the top of the neighbourhood. Other cities don't always fair so well as if I'm busy they are further down the list of importance so I do get plundered at times. In fact last week I was very busy and one city had the Tar Kiln plundered 3 days on the trot. Not happy with it but it is my fault for not collecting. That's the game.

I do think the neighbourhood balance needs some fine tuning but there will always be weaker and stronger players in a neighbourhood. Part of the game is coming up with tactics to avoid things like being plundered.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

Lol mink, yes me too but I rarely plunder and normally just to fulfil a quest ...
I do think the neighbourhood balance needs some fine tuning but there will always be weaker and stronger players in a neighbourhood. Part of the game is coming up with tactics to avoid things like being plundered.

Well but what I meant is that *not* all the complainers are people who aren't putting in enough effort or who are pants at the game or because we're plundered a lot ourselves (I'm not!). Some of us object on ethical grounds. The game should include "beginner protection", handicaps and (as we all keep noting) more balanced neighbourhoods to keep people picking on players their own size, instead of encouraging bullying. Bullying is not a good thing to encourage.

The long-ago-promised system where we could repair plundered buildings for other people sounded like a good idea. Making attackers choose between points or plunder instead of getting both would be excellent. That "Retaliation Temple" someone proposed sounds brilliant!

DeletedUser99588

Well but what I meant is that *not* all the complainers are people who aren't putting in enough effort or who are pants at the game or because we're plundered a lot ourselves (I'm not!). Some of us object on ethical grounds.

Sounds like the wrong game for those who have ethical problems with it. There are other games that do not have fighting and plundering elements to it which would be more suitable. Ultimately it is a game and the things taken through plundering are not real. It's not really bullying and from what I can gather it is normally those that are plundered that become abusive instead of accepting it is part of the strategy and game play. That being said if the majority of players voted to get rid of plundering then it wouldn't cause me any issues other than it should then be made compulsory to provide a full defence of troops no less than one era behind your current age. Defenders can't have it all their own way either :)

The long-ago-promised system where we could repair plundered buildings for other people sounded like a good idea.

This would get my vote other than the fact it would be open to abuse. You could arrange for one of your neighbours who is in a sister or allied guild to plunder you and someone else to repair. That way the goods building has produced double the amount.

Making attackers choose between points or plunder instead of getting both would be excellent.

Sorry -1 from me. Not much effort setting up a defence army but those who attack a lot are very active and should be rewarded. Players who don't want to be plundered should concentrate on moving up in their neighbourhood. You can either do that by fighting and building up your points tally to move nearer to the top of your neighbourhood or if that's not your thing or not possible in current nrighbourhood then you can use the many strategies that have been published on numerous threads. The key element though is you need to be active and punctual for your collections to avoid plunderers. If you leave nothing to be taken you can't be plundered. Simples :)

DeletedUser2989

What would be wrong with that?

Some would see people who attack GvG sectors purely for PvP points (thus placing a siege and releasing the sector upon capture to save on the next siege cost) as a problem, especially if a change was made to how PvP works that increases the before mentioned behavior. Then there are others who wouldn't like having to be in a guild that doesn't have any GvG interest to then use GvG to get in on the PvP towers for ages other than their own (I know of many who would surely miss being able to participate in several tower comps at the same time).

DeletedUser1081

Sounds like the wrong game for those who have ethical problems with it. There are other games that do not have fighting and plundering elements to it which would be more suitable. Ultimately it is a game and the things taken through plundering are not real. It's not really bullying and from what I can gather it is normally those that are plundered that become abusive instead of accepting it is part of the strategy and game play.

This sounds like the moment to agree to disagree, but for the record: I concur that not everyone who plunders is a bully. There is a certain type of player who does bully weaker players, though, and this game doesn't do enough to discourage that. And the fact that the stuff taken isn't real doesn't mean the ugly mindframe isn't real.

Over and out. :cool:

DeletedUser104470

If I paid money for diamonds, I would probably have to plunder too. Because I don't, I get plundered all the time. About 15% of the time I get plundered the other 85% i collect/. I cannot get to my city exactly every 8 hours like some people can. Usually 9-10 later.
My point about the whole plunder thing is: If me and Joe started the same day and Joe decides to spend $25.00 on diamonds and I dont every 2-3 weeks, he will advance quicker than me. I get that.after 3-4 months of that, Joe should have 100,000 more points than me and a army 2 eras in front of me. Now he can come in and start plundering me everyday. I have no defense against it.
I think the solution for this would be for people to only plunder in their Era. This makes it a little more fair for the defenders and more of a challenge for the attacker. That means Joe, who is in the Industrial age now, cannot come back and attack me who still in High Middle Ages....
There is the challenge now. He can only attack people in his age.
Plundering makes the game boring and a lot of members leave mainly for this reason.
Gawd

joesoap

Major-General
spending diamonds isnt going to stop you from getting plundered, collecting your goods on time is, if you cant get online until 9-10 hours after setting an 8 hour production then there's a very simple solution to that...dont set an 8 hour production, there is a 24 hour option available
and Joe isnt the only player you need to worry about (not me btw), the players that started the same day as you that dont spend diamonds but collect their goods on time will also be ahead of you as they have the goods to negotiate the map & unlock tecs & move ages quicker & build better armies, should they also not be allowed to plunder the goods you leave lying around for 2 hours?
plundering may be boring to you as you make yourself a willing victim to it but for those that enjoy it i'm sure it brings some amount of excitement....what goods are they going to get & how many

DeletedUser5180

If I paid money for diamonds, I would probably have to plunder too.
Gawd

That is just nonsense, buying diamonds gives you the benefit of slightly better buildings, more coins / supplies / happiness per tile. Plus more expansions / ability to heal troops / instant scouting on the map

Nowhere in that list does plunder come into it.

Does the non-diamond player lose the ability to collect on time?

We know you are anti plunder just as I am for plunder if a player wishes. You seem to be constantly thinking up reasons why plundering is wrong but it is a part of the game so please please please just accept it.

I'm like many players, I leave for work and am home anytime from 10 -
14 hrs later, the simple solution to avoid risking losing an 8 hr production is use 24 hr collections & get guild mates to motive houses so they are safe if they are not 24 hr houses. If you're not in a guild speak to neighbours and motivate each others houses. These are such simple solutions.

If a player can't follow these basic principles then TOUGH.

DeletedUser104470

I think its time for me to leave this game...I will totally not endorse this game to anyone. I may be stubborn in my views, but thats the freedom I have today. I can say pretty much anything I want in this free society. I totally disagree with plundering. If I want to plunder and pillage I will play TW2, which I do. It's expected actually. It is not here.

As for diamonds, of course they advance you faster through the game...thats the whole point. That is how they make money here. If used diamonds I would be allot farther ahead to. But i refuse to spend money on a game that is unfair in the first place.
I will not play this game anymore till they change the plundering disadvantages. There is a guy in one city that I play that is 550,000 points ahead of me and is number1 in my neighborhood and i am 35th place. Why should he be able to plunder me. We are not even in the same era. Totally unfair. How the heck am I suppose to defend against tanks and stuff when all i have is guys with clubs and arrows. Even 1 tank against 10 archers is nothing. Yeah, tell me that is fair.
I still think he should attack only players in his era. I could defend a least a little bit against mounted archers or something. The game is skewed for people with money to buys diamonds or higher lvl players.

DeletedUser99588

If I want to plunder and pillage I will play TW2, which I do. It's expected actually. It is not here.

It is expected here and if your not plundered by an attacker be grateful. Maybe help out with some of their trades or polivate them for not plundering you.

As for the rest of your post I concur this isn't the game for you. You do not need diamonds to progress and the majority of players do not buy a lot of diamonds if any. Games need challenges to overcome and you seem unable or unwilling to meet the challenge of plundering. That is your choice but do not assume everyone else feels the same way.

DeletedUser5180

I think its time for me to leave this game...I will totally not endorse this game to anyone. I may be stubborn in my views, but thats the freedom I have today. I can say pretty much anything I want in this free society. I totally disagree with plundering. If I want to plunder and pillage I will play TW2, which I do. It's expected actually. It is not here.

Bye then, enjoy TW2

DeletedUser14881

IMHO, this subject it's what I know as a double-edged sword. Both scenarios are realistic:

- The PvP concept is a tournament and only the best fighters are rewarded with medal prizes. If they have been already rewarded they should not have the right to plunder, because a tournament is regimented, even in the barbaric periods of history.

- The plundering system rewards the attacker by damaging the city of their opponent who wasn't good enough to be king/queen of their own Empire. And pillage is historically valid.

What I like about this game is the proximity with history and this feature is one of the few that don't please me so much because they do not fit together, historically speaking.

It should be kept "as is" but if the attacker plunders the action is characterized as common robbery (or sabotage for later ages) and no PvP points would be granted. If he/she didn't plunder, he is following a path where be the strongest is rewarding enough.

DeletedUser97166

It should be kept "as is" but if the attacker plunders the action is characterized as common robbery (or sabotage for later ages) and no PvP points would be granted. If he/she didn't plunder, he is following a path where be the strongest is rewarding enough.

Have to say that this is the first idea for plundering that I have actually liked. Instead of just complaining and saying it should be removed from the game like some others you have thought about it and come up with something that would actually work.

DeletedUser1081

Have to say that this is the first idea for plundering that I have actually liked. Instead of just complaining and saying it should be removed from the game like some others you have thought about it and come up with something that would actually work.

:cool: I'm so glad you like it, JAButcher, because I've proposed it a few times too. In fact we all know lots of players who stick to a "points or plunder (not both)" policy and it would be good to see it become a feature of the game. And to have the option of polivating an opponent after a match, like shaking hands after a tennis match.

DeletedUser65431

The PvP concept is a tournament
Little pedantic, but is it actually a 'tournament' in anything other than name? Some characteristics are clearly included, but not entirely convinced that enough are or that there is not too many contradictions...

Have to say that this is the first idea for plundering that I have actually liked.
Already suggested, can be found in the 'unpopular' sub-forum.