• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Most Popular Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97349

Hey Guys,

I see a couple of scorching ideas in the Ideas section relating to GvG which are obviously very popular (and I will forward what I can shortly). I'm just looking for a bit more feedback from you also, hopefully in a short and sweet format that's easy to use ;)

So could I ask you please to list your top three changes which you would like to see made to GvG. If there is already an Idea posted for the change, please link it if you can. So for eg:

1) I'd like to implement this idea
2) I'd like a Guild Unit pool
3) I'd like to pay in turnips not goods

But preferably without the turnips. As always, please keep on topic :cool:

Cheers

DeletedUser1081

1] Hire falcon93 to be a consultant when the staff discusses improving GvG.
2] Raise the minimum siege costs to 100 goods or so, cap the maximum siege costs at around 250 goods (reimbursing the guilds who have already invested exorbitant amounts with goods they can dispense among members), require guilds to exist 48 hours (and new guild members to wait 48 hours) before they can engage in GvG, and restore the need for real siege armies. (That's all one idea, because they're all aimed at the same thing: stopping ghost guilds and slowing down demolition guilds.)
3] Make the GvG logs complete and reliable, including complete and reliable records of who's donated what to the treasury. edit: I retract that, after considering the animosities it'll generate; see http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...uild-players-have-donated&p=159301#post159301

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

Eliminate the ghost guilds and demolition guilds, if guilds are formed expressly for this purpose the members of the guilds should be penalised
Reduce the maximum siege cost to 300 of each goods,
make the minimum siege cost 30 of each goods
guilds should have a minimum of 7 members and should have been in existence for 168 hours before they are allowed to participate in GvG
Better logs of activity

Andrew420

Major
1- make all sectors landing zones
2- guilds need to get to 10 members before they can participate in GvG
3- Introduce a guild barrack where members can donate troops to place siege and let players pick which troops to place

DeletedUser9546

Bring back the old way of sieging; you have no units, you don't get to siege. Tired of people sieging sectors they cant even defend because they have no units. You're out of your depth
+1 The idea for logging how players have contributed to goods treasury.

I admit this is a stretch but -
How about a way to turn gvg off for some players. If someone doesnt want to participate in gvg then lets make it happen for them...both in participation & benefits

DeletedUser7719

1) End ghost/demolition guilds by the idea death ouron proposed (plus bringing back unit cost for sieges)
2) Improve GvG battles by an unattached unit filter, better notification of sieges, and automatically reopen sector options after each battle
3) Guild Treasury log

EDIT: forgot to add links
1) http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...ng-a-lot-of-GvG-issues-with-a-single-solution

2a) http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...ter-options-for-attached-and-unattached-units
b) http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?27504-Flashing-swords-on-GVG-map (actually wanted to know from your own city via notification pop-up. Probably was in a discussion rather than an idea)
c) http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...ector-Army-Management-Window-not-map-overview

3) http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24648-How-much-your-guild-players-have-donated

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

1) End ghost/demolition guilds by the idea death ouron proposed (plus bringing back unit cost for sieges)
2) Improve GvG battles by an unattached unit filter, better notification of sieges, and automatically reopen sector options after each battle
3) Guild Treasury log

i think Byeordie has summed up perfectly the most pressing issues

DeletedUser6514

3) Guild Treasury log

+1

This list sums it up perfectly...

DeletedUser65431

This gets a +1. So far everything else mentioned gets a -1.

DeletedUser97969

1 - first siege 250 goods max siege 500 goods
2 - recovery of the the used army defense
3 - every 2 weeks to modify the landing sectors ( LZs) will be interesting guild that is isolated from LZs obtain LZs for 2 weeks :)

DeletedUser97349

Thanks for your feedback so far, keep it coming. Also if there are features you particularly would wish removed, feel free to mention those also.

DeletedUser3200

Being able to directly access your stash of FPs when completing research instead of having to move back and fore between the screens for 10 FPs max each time...
Not a game changer, but a wind up

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
You can do that already. When in research click to buy a FP. On the screen that appears you have a choice to buy FP and also to use any FP packets that you have in your inventory.

DeletedUser7719

Being able to directly access your stash of FPs when completing research instead of having to move back and fore between the screens for 10 FPs max each time...
Not a game changer, but a wind up

You can do that already. When in research click to buy a FP. On the screen that appears you have a choice to buy FP and also to use any FP packets that you have in your inventory.
Yes, but it still resets the counter which is what I think moreover was trying to point out.

Both ways, I don't think this has to do with GvG :p

DeletedUser1081

Both ways, I don't think this has to do with GvG :p

I was wondering where/how one uses FPs in GvG.

As for features that need removing:
1] GvG in its current form, until it can be replaced with something a lot more imaginative, a lot better thought-out and a lot more thoroughly tested.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I admit this is a stretch but -
How about a way to turn gvg off for some players. If someone doesnt want to participate in gvg then lets make it happen for them...both in participation & benefits

+1 for this ... I certainly support this and think that only the GvG participating members of a guild should be able to enjoy the benefits given out by GvG ... this idea can be clubbed with the long due separate GvG rights idea (instead of the current system of depending everything on the normal Trusted rights) ... The leader / founder should be allowed to give these rights to guild members like all other rights are done ...

DeletedUser11930

Remove auto combat against sieges as the battle odds are stacked because sieges get no boost but sectors do and there are too many auto hit and diamond reheal

DeletedUser104555

Goods Cost / GvG

Hey Guys,

I see a couple of scorching ideas in the Ideas section relating to GvG which are obviously very popular (and I will forward what I can shortly). I'm just looking for a bit more feedback from you also, hopefully in a short and sweet format that's easy to use ;)

So could I ask you please to list your top three changes which you would like to see made to GvG. If there is already an Idea posted for the change, please link it if you can. So for eg:

1) I'd like to implement this idea
2) I'd like a Guild Unit pool
3) I'd like to pay in turnips not goods

But preferably without the turnips. As always, please keep on topic :cool:

Cheers

Please limit the cost of the goods so that GvG does not stall out. If the cost was limited it would prevent hard feelings when one guild takes another guilds sector, and it would actually create more enjoyment as the sector taking would happen more often between guilds (after the map if all filled with guild sectors) which would create a friendly rivalry as apposed to a not so friendly one...

Status
Not open for further replies.