• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.39

• Thread starter DeletedUser97349
  • Start date

DeletedUser99588

If you find that frustrated rants laced with negativity do not result in the outcome you want, maybe some supporting words of encouragement would be worth a try.

Unfortunately I have only seen any back tracking and changes implemented when enough players have offered negative feedback. The option to turn off H/A and the HOF disaster.

A lot of what you are observing now is frustration built up over time because the developers seem to go out of their way to not provide what their customers request or remove functionality without considering the consequences or maybe they just don't care. It is difficult to know because there isn't any direct communication.

HRC may not speak for all players and the vast majority do not even visit the forum but I have to say the ones I have discussed the developers actions with have all had a negative view of them and do not believe they listen or care about their customers. Especially GvG players who have experienced several changes that have had a negative effect on it. Changes that haven't actually achieved the published reason for implementing them.

DeletedUser5180

I don't know you but I can't understand why you think your opinion is representative of all players. I'd have absolutely no issue with your post if you said it was how YOU feel, but when you word it as if it is the opinion of all players it loses all credibility. I for one have played a large number of MMO games and feel that Inno is one of the most understanding and proactive in my own experience.

Mistakes happen, things get missed, sometimes things take longer than expected for reasons we are not privy to. No person or company is perfect but compare how many things they get wrong to how many things they get right and the reality becomes quickly apparent.

to be honest HRC's post which you quoted is a view shared by many many players in the community, not every one i admit but i would stick my neck out and say a large majority, which then gives his post credability.

we are not talking about mistakes, things getting missed etc as you mention, we are talking about actual changes made that are detrimental to the game play. these changes are brought out on beta, when they are rebuked there then that is the time to reverse them, not months down the line.

just like the many bugs that we encounter, these appear on beta, get reported BUT still get released here.

Now does that sound like INNO are listening to the players.? If you think it does then your idea of listening is very different to the majority who post here complaining, often offering solutions to Inno's self created issues but get totally ignored.

Perhaps the main problem is that from beta to live server is only two weeks, perhaps it should be longer, but would it make a difference.? probably not

DeletedUser5180

I'd like to just point out that the time between an update being released on beta and the same update being released here on the en server is a lot less than two weeks!
Updates generally come out on beta on a Thursday; this same update - hopefully with all bugs fixed - is then released here on en the following Wednesday - less than one week! And, as far as I am aware, the developers don't work weekends, so we are talking about 3 ½ days to identify, confirm and fix the bugs.

i was sure it was beta on thursday then en server a week wednesday, if its the following wednesday and nothing gets done over the weekend then that really sums up beta totally

Just a pointless waste of time. (its handy for playing through events in advance to get quest lines etc) but the main purpose is to allow players to test it fully, report the bugs and gameplay problems that have arisen through changes made and then fix these and check they have been fixed.

why on earth did en server supposedly come out of beta because its just one big beta at the end of the day and many players are actually PAYING for the privelige of bug finding and reporting. (and when they do they get ignored anyway)

its laughable :D

DeletedUser5180

a team of beta testers work their socks off to identify and report as many bugs as possible with a new update, and the vast majority are fixed before the update reaches the en server. However, some bugs do not reveal themselves in the much smaller scale environment of beta and do unfortunately reach the en server

but surely you would have to agree that a longer gap between beta and en server would reduce the amount of bugs reaching en server (and changes made to the game could be played for longer and any feedback could be acted on)

DeletedUser7719

but surely you would have to agree that a longer gap between beta and en server would reduce the amount of bugs reaching en server (and changes made to the game could be played for longer and any feedback could be acted on)
Yes, but with a catch. The problem is that beta is a testing server; it does not exactly represent how something would work on a large playerbase (i.e. guild vs. guild). Not only that, the smaller player base makes it harder to find every bug associated with each update (and will not always be found even on this server), but the new mission team helps a lot now to find these bugs.
Larger updates (i.e. new ages, events, or new major features) are tested for a longer time on beta though. It's the normal updates that get these 6 days of testing/fixing.

Last but not least, longer time between updates mean longer time between new features, implementing suggested ideas, and time for bugs not detected on beta to be fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

We the players really feel that the INNO developers do not listen to us and just do their own thing without considering the customer. I feel bad saying this but i really do think we are not listened to.

I don't know you but I can't understand why you think your opinion is representative of all players.......

If you find that frustrated rants laced with negativity do not result in the outcome you want.........

.....getting annoyed about it.

Daz, happy to be corrected and I am sure that there are players who are happy to have no army management etc etc so I should have said "Most players ......"
Really not happy that you considered my post a frustrated angry rant, its was more a statement which echo'ed many players feelings and was said with thought and with a certain regret.

DeletedUser

Daz, happy to be corrected and I am sure that there are players who are happy to have no army management etc etc so I should have said "Most players ......"
Really not happy that you considered my post a frustrated angry rant, its was more a statement which echo'ed many players feelings and was said with thought and with a certain regret.
I appreciate your direct response. There are things that I would like to see that have been asked for yet haven't happened. Maybe I just have much more patience than most of the people who have taken part in this thread.

I am actually a developer myself (though nothing to do with FoE or Inno) so I maybe have some experience from the other side of the coin. Updating a small part of a large and complex system such as this game can often have very unusual and unexpected results. I would be entirely behind them if they decided to extend the testing period of updates on the beta server, but at the same time I recognise that there are less people on the beta server so some bugs are less likely to be found.

Maybe an interesting way to encourage a larger population on beta is to find some way of rewarding people on the live servers when they are active on beta, maybe diamonds, or a special building, or some kind of other reward.

DeletedUser15432

That is a very very good point you have raised at the end of your last quote Daz48231, it would help if the diamond rewards that player get for testing on Beta were able top be carried over to their main account, perhaps than more people would be interested in playing Beta and the bugs would be found

DeletedUser7719

They are. Missions on beta award you diamonds on the server you choose

DeletedUser1081

The diamond rewards are for the people who submit valid reports of bugs that haven't been reported before.

DeletedUser99588

Ok thanks for clarifying. Doesn't sound like it would be rewarding enough to get vast numbers to contribute. Can't see an easy solution for the developers based on a reward system and I guess that discussion is for another thread or even forum.

DeletedUser653

thanatos, theres a hard core bunch of players that rush to find the bugs and report first so its not that bad at finding bugs. Its the bad game play changes that are either missed or much worse reported but nothing done before they go into Prod.

DeletedUser99588

theres a hard core bunch of players that rush to find the bugs and report first so its not that bad at finding bugs.

I'm sure they do a fine job but virtually every update to the live server introduces new bugs or even worse ones already fixed show their ugly face again.

Its the bad game play changes that are either missed or much worse reported but nothing done before they go into Prod.

Couldn't agree more!! These are the ones that get ignored and cause the most damage to the game.

DeletedUser105508

I started playing just before the latest update and loading between visiting other cities wasn't too bad, after, the loading seems to take forever.... Making polivating a very time consuming chore.....Surely this needs to be addressed!!

DeletedUser5180

I started playing just before the latest update and loading between visiting other cities wasn't too bad, after, the loading seems to take forever.... Making polivating a very time consuming chore.....Surely this needs to be addressed!!

hi and welcome to the forums, it is possible that during the update your hardware acceleration has been switched on (this often slows things down on slightly older pcs. to check open the settings menu which is the blue cog icon (see pic below)

menu.png

clicking it takes you to the settings menu, the very top option allows you to toggle HA on and off, you will have to reload for it to take effect

hope this helps

DeletedUser105508

Thanks, seems to have helped a bit....although can still be a bit laggy in other arreas.....