• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween Event 2014

DeletedUser914

where is the logic? a haunted house does cost happiness and a graveyard delivers. Do my citizens like or hate scaryness?

DeletedUser

How do you get the 1 riddle?

If it is the first riddle your taking about then under the spoiler tag is what you have to do.

1st task = build 5 pieces of path

If not then look at page 12 top

Hope this helps

Thomas

DeletedUser5647

What happens in the quest to sell the Graveyard, if the only one you have is 'Old Graveyard'?

Do you sell it and get a current-age 'Old Graveyard' or is there an 'Ancient Graveyard'?

Katarrh

Private
Rumblebutt, many players have had to complete additional research, scout additional provinces etc in order to complete the quests. I'm afraid the event cannot account for every single players individual position in the game. As other people have mentioned, it is not impossible for you to complete the event in the allotted time.

This is not a fair comment. It's not a matter of additional research, etc. It's about it being virtually impossible to complete the quest line without massive diamond spending.

I believe Inno does these events to increase player involvement and excitement, to keep things fun. When you can't participate in the event or get the reward, not because you can't solve the riddles or because you are unwilling to put the effort in to do to the quests, but because you are blocked from following through due to where you are in the game, it kind of takes the fun out of it.

I have had the same problem now for several events -- a quest requires scouting, but the game will not allow me to scout another province until I take every sector of the current one, which is an impossible task (short of massive diamond spending). I'm in the Progressive Era, and the map I'm on is the Modern Era. I scouted a province a week ago, but no sectors acquired yet. I don't have the troops to conquer the sectors, and can't possibly first research and then build them in the two weeks available. I cannot build Modern Era goods buildings, and to try to get all of the Modern Era goods by trading is very difficult when the only way I can get them is to trade the very Progressive Era goods also needed to acquire the sectors! And a number of other guild members and neighborhood players appear to have the same problem and so need the same goods.

And yes, we should be able to expect that the event will accommodate the vast majority of players, but in any case, a lot of players are having similar issues. If a quest is based on an action that might be blocked due to normal game operation, then I think there should be an alternate solution available. They already do that for the regular questline, so it's clearly not a huge problem.

I think many of the quests are geared to earlier eras (prior to Colonial) -- after all, they were written before those eras were even released. They don't take into account the greater and greater resources required as you move through the game. Research was mentioned -- well, the average cost of research in the PE is about 3 times what it is in EMA for example, yet I don't get 3 times as many FP per day. (that's not a complaint, just an observation) So by design, *any* research in the PE takes longer than in EMA. Buildings take longer to build, etc. If you have to wait 2 days for each quest, then you are looking at more than 2 weeks to complete them.

It's just luck whether you happen to be close to finishing a research or ready to scout or whatever, or possibly it's advance knowledge, where you know not to scout that next province or complete that next research since that event is coming up. I can't believe the company intends for a substantial number of players to be forced to sit on the sidelines, and miss out on the fun and rewards simply due to happenstance.

(And it's not the same as the games of chance -- you choose to play those or not, and the outcome is random--these quests are not random).

And all of you telling players who have issues that they should leave the game rather than complain, well, by your own reasoning, you should stop reading posts when you don't like the content instead of complaining about them....

Reporting or commenting on an issue I'm having doesn't mean I'm unhappy overall. If I didn't enjoy the events, I wouldn't be so frustrated when I can't participate just because of internal game timing.

Thanks for reading, I know it was long...

Last edited:

DeletedUser102246

Wow! I *finally* got to finish an event. I had begun to think that was impossible. The rewards were helpful and it was generally fun, except for that nasty #16 quest.
Sell 3 Current Era Buildings! You must be joking--I just got here! :mad:

Of course my starter empire on K World had a much easier time than my LMA (soon-to-be Colonial) empires. Some of the quests require major investments on the campaign map and/or tech tree when you are on the threshold of the next level. But I should be able to finish the event by Nov 5th on those worlds as well. Yay!

My sympathies to those players who moved into the Contemporary Era just before the event. Given the quest requirements you have a very tough road ahead of you. As noted in an earlier post it's a shame that the game designers didn't make allowances for such situations with alternate quests, especially since they must have known how that would affect Contemporary Era players (who by definition must be their oldest and/or most dedicated customers).

where is the logic? a haunted house does cost happiness and a graveyard delivers. Do my citizens like or hate scaryness?

Many people like visiting dearly departed family members on a regular basis. Heck, the ancient Etruscans used to have sit-down dinners with them. A well-maintained graveyard or *mausoleum* (hint to Inno for next year's event) can be a real comfort. On the other hand, a haunted building is just plain creepy, so it would definitely affect property values in the neighborhood. I guess the extra income comes from charging tourists admission to view the premises. (That's what they do in real life here--we have one of the most famous haunted houses in the country.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

It's just luck whether you happen to be close to finishing a research or ready to scout or whatever, or possibly it's advance knowledge, where you know not to scout that next province or complete that next research since that event is coming up.

It's not luck at all and if you planned ahead the quests would be very simple. It's not exactly a surprise to have the Halloween event or that it will quite likely need you to scout a province, win a province or complete a research. They have been generous with the time to complete and many finished within a day.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
It's just luck whether you happen to be close to finishing a research or ready to scout or whatever, or possibly it's advance knowledge, where you know not to scout that next province or complete that next research since that event is coming up.

I can't agree that either luck or advance knowledge would be required, you simply need to be prepared. Even if you don't know when the next event will start or what quests there will be, you should know that there will always be a next event, and both research and scouting are common quests. I anticipated that there would be a Halloween event and began preparations weeks ago. I researched new military units so I could use them to gain new provinces. I started scouting about two weeks ago and did not visit the world map until it was time to complete the scouting quest. I had two technologies fully researched and waiting to be unlocked for weeks.

You said that you are in Progressive Era, and scouted a Modern Era province a week ago. Sorry to be blunt, but you should have known better. This is the third Halloween event in this game, and no one should have been surprised by it. So if you scouted a new province you should have known you would not be able to conquer or negotiate, just before an event you should have known was coming, you pretty much have yourself to blame. It would be nice if these quests had alternatives, but you should never count on it.

DeletedUser5180

Wow! I *finally* got to finish an event. I had begun to think that was impossible. The rewards were helpful and it was generally fun, except for that nasty #16 quest.
Sell 3 Current Era Buildings! You must be joking--I just got here! :mad:

Of course my starter empire on K World had a much easier time than my LMA (soon-to-be Colonial) empires. Some of the quests require major investments on the campaign map and/or tech tree when you are on the threshold of the next level. But I should be able to finish the event by Nov 5th on those worlds as well. Yay!

My sympathies to those players who moved into the Contemporary Era just before the event. Given the quest requirements you have a very tough road ahead of you. As noted in an earlier post it's a shame that the game designers didn't make allowances for such situations with alternate quests, especially since they must have known how that would affect Contemporary Era players (who by definition must be their oldest and/or most dedicated customers).

Many people like visiting dearly departed family members on a regular basis. Heck, the ancient Etruscans used to have sit-down dinners with them. A well-maintained graveyard or *mausoleum* (hint to Inno for next year's event) can be a real comfort. On the other hand, a haunted building is just plain creepy, so it would definitely affect property values in the neighborhood. I guess the extra income comes from charging tourists admission to view the premises. (That's what they do in real life here--we have one of the most famous haunted houses in the country.)

I have do disagree with your analysis of CE players..... When the announcement was made I had a province being scouted, set some 24 hr productions and the tech i was researching was left ready to complete and I started another. The expansion I got from the first tech on CE tree was kept for the quest as building space may be needed.

These are all bog standard quests that are guaranteed to appear and so anticipating an event should make completion easy. I completed the event in something like 2 hrs simply by anticipating it and preparing for usual big standard quests

DeletedUser5399

It's just luck whether you happen to be close to finishing a research or ready to scout or whatever, or possibly it's advance knowledge, where you know not to scout that next province or complete that next research since that event is coming up. I can't believe the company intends for a substantial number of players to be forced to sit on the sidelines, and miss out on the fun and rewards simply due to happenstance.

I completed the entire Halloween Event on both of my Worlds (Colonial Age and Late Middle) in about 4 days. :D

For me, I do plan ahead by putting Forge Points in a couple of Researches but not completing them. Then when an Event triggers, I'm ready to complete a Research when called for.

And you can also prepare in advance for Scouting areas, Capturing a Sector or Province. Leave one or two sectors not Infiltrated too, just in case one of the quests requires you to Infiltrate a Sector.

Sometimes in the Forum, there is a list of what quests are going to be required, so you can kind of plan ahead for a couple of other quests too, even while the Event is ongoing.

I'm not one of these players that is in a big hurry to get to the latest Age, I take my time and relish each Age. Then when it's time, I advance, but I'm not in any hurry. Makes FoE (and Life) a lot simpler and more fun. :cool:

If I remember correctly, there might be a Christmas or New Year Event, so you have some time to do a little planning ahead.

Good Luck. :)

DeletedUser

This is not a fair comment. It's not a matter of additional research, etc. It's about it being virtually impossible to complete the quest line without massive diamond spending.

I believe Inno does these events to increase player involvement and excitement, to keep things fun. When you can't participate in the event or get the reward, not because you can't solve the riddles or because you are unwilling to put the effort in to do to the quests, but because you are blocked from following through due to where you are in the game, it kind of takes the fun out of it.

I have had the same problem now for several events -- a quest requires scouting, but the game will not allow me to scout another province until I take every sector of the current one, which is an impossible task (short of massive diamond spending). I'm in the Progressive Era, and the map I'm on is the Modern Era.

Try not to take this the wrong way, but I know a number of people who completed most of the postmodern era map before they reached the modern era.

DeletedUser

Try not to take this the wrong way, but I know a number of people who completed most of the postmodern era map before they reached the modern era.

I completed the entire first province of the PME map before I had entered ME, using just PE units--no goods. Wasn't even difficult, just had to pay attention to unit bonuses and weaknesses. The ME map was almost to easy, as long as you have tanks, snipers and rapid fire cannons and aren't pressing auto battle.

As for Kat1030 claiming it is impossible to move past the ME map without diamonds--get into a guild that has people willing to trade for the goods needed to negotiate and it is the opposite of impossible. Trade for the goods you need, negotiate a sector, scout the next area.

I knew what the quests were (having played on beta) but forgot to prepare because it took so long for the quests to reach here. Still didn't take much effort to complete. Unlocking tech, fighting the map, scouting, kinda do all of those anyways during normal game play.

I assumed that CE was released before the halloween event to be a good thing, allow CE ready players to not outgrow their halloween prize two minutes after the event.

DeletedUser105330

hi
i joined the game yesterday for halloween events but i don't have the pumpkin sign on the screen, why?
why i can't participate in the halloween event?
thank you ahead

DeletedUser5180

hi
i joined the game yesterday for halloween events but i don't have the pumpkin sign on the screen, why?
why i can't participate in the halloween event?
thank you ahead

Hi welcome to FoE and the forums, if you read further back in this thread there is a post explaining at what point the quest will appear for new players.

As I'm using a mobile I cannot multi quote and include it here, sorry

DeletedUser2989

Hi oreuss, welcome to the forums. :)

It has been mentioned earlier in this thread that you'll need to have made it past the first set of tutorial missions in order to start receiving the event missions. see here

I can't say for certain when they'll show up but if you keep following the quests you should trigger it pretty quickly.

Edit: akbhoy67 beat me to it :)

DeletedUser5180

the halloween quests are only available when the tutorial is finished:
that is the point where you have 2 normal quest slots

if you have only quest on the left make them until a second appears
then halloween quests are also available

maybe a reload of the page is needed at that point

I think this post from Test Ament was what I was recalling