• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Epic Empires - September competition

DeletedUser11691

World: Greifental

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Nicely laid out dkirk. I like the King at the end of the road sort of 'guarding' the entrance to your city :)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Here is my September entry:

City name: Barbaria
World: Dinegu

sRoY4ou.png

A good start Lord Barbarius, You could get so much more in by using less roads and laying them out more efficiently. But as I said, a good start :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5180

So far my instincts lean towards Ophion I know we get judged on the particular pic sent in this month but for the last 2 years Ophion has always had a cracking looking city, when upgrading it, he always sort of seemlessly makes it flows from one age to the next without looking disjointed but still look great all the time

DeletedUser

A good start Lord Barbarius, You could get so much more in by using less roads and laying them out more efficiently. But as I said, a good start :)

It's all done on purpose ;) I'm trying to make my city as medieval-looking as possible. The central point is the Market Square, from which four main roads radiate to four directions. The city follows the old Roman north-south axis ("Via Barbaria") leading form the Triumphal Arc to the Castle. The Old Town is a maze of narrow, winding streets with tightly packed housing. The craftsmen built their workshops on the outskirts of the town and in the North-East there is an "educational" corner with school and ancient monumets. Plus Landlord's stronghold with surrounding military buildings. A typicall early-medieval town... :o

DeletedUser99588

So far my instincts lean towards Ophion I know we get judged on the particular pic sent in this month but for the last 2 years Ophion has always had a cracking looking city, when upgrading it, he always sort of seemlessly makes it flows from one age to the next without looking disjointed but still look great all the time

I agree although not witnessed the flow between the ages but it is a nice looking city.

DeletedUser5180

I guess the grey of the walkway is as close as it gets. It's fairly realistic I suppose - roads being made out of asphalt/tarmac and pavements from concrete.

That has logic but a 1x1 is still actually a road, just narrower

DeletedUser5180

Unfortunately Zurin, a lot of your city is not visible in that screenshot, so it's difficult to be able to fully appreciate it.

i thought that also, perhaps Zurin could repost a complete screenshot and have it count towards judging even although its not his / her first entry, seems only fair to me

back to the subject of roads, although a 1x1 is actually a road, we have them called walkways and there are no longer vehicles on them so i guess they could be intended as pavements but as they still service some buildings i guess they must be intended as roads so why no vehicles, I mean do deliveries and collections of items from these shops etc have to be carried to / from the nearest 2x2 road.?

DeletedUser

Last day for entries today keep them coming - some nice empires here again this month good work every one :)

DeletedUser653

City screen shot from EN5,
The city is awaiting some nice big tank buildings but planning permission for building so close to house has not yet been given and hence city fathers have created a small park and a small wooded area for the time being. But an appeal has already been submitted for 2 universal tank factories and considering the need for employment in the area there may be big changes.
The City has nice simple layout, a fair ground to the bottom right, you can see the monastery next to the graveyard (nice beer brewed there and exported to 7 other worlds) and hidden next to the grave yard is a secret building that I cannot talk about here.
EN5 city with park and wood.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12400

Epic Empires - September competition!

Good luck to everyone competing in Epic Empires - September competition!

DeletedUser

Many thanks for all this months entries. This competition is now closed.

To enter Octobers competition please go here

This months winner will be announced soon :D

DeletedUser5180

Congratulations to Starostin, a worthy winner with a great looking city....well done matey :)