• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

McCallirons elites

DeletedUser

i'm a little surprised as to why there is no thread here. pretty sure one of us would have posted a rant about how our armies were deleted by a Bunnies spy, All of our armies:).
Just been informed there was a thread but the moderators removed it:)
Guess you can't fight the power

DeletedUser5356

Can I ask the mods why the thread was removed?

If true this was a pretty low act by one guild on another and they deserved to be shamed in these forums. Months of hard work was wiped out in one evening - the people responsible need to be named and shamed for all to see.

DeletedUser99588

I saw the thread and I imagine it was deleted because it named the played that sabotaged your GvG achievements. You might get away with reposting if you refrain from mentioning names.

DeletedUser99445

I saw the thread but no player name when I saw it. Was curious though

DeletedUser97883

It would be interesting to hear a confirmation one way or another from Bunnies - was this a rogue agent whose actions they denounce, or was it truly a guild-sanctioned sabotage?

DeletedUser14349

I have made the original post. and it was deleted. I came to the forum now to contact a forum moderator. just have no idea who they are and how to contact any of them. We have no proof that the bunnies have anything to do with it. but we are no morons and the evidence is really strong. but we know for sure which player it was

DeletedUser99445

A traitor in the fold is a nightmare for sure but not altogether an isolated incident and certainly part of the game parameters.
I'm sure you will re build again and things like this can often drive the guild to activity again. Fingers crossed for you.

DeletedUser96785

The original thread was deleted because inno do not want you all to know they have not actually fixed a problem they know about!
They made it so that one person could only release 4 sectors but forgot or are too lazy to fix the problem that you can get around this by just deleting the armies. and oh yea they do not want you to know that this is still possible or they will have to fix it now

Now it would be nice for inno to admit their mistake and compensate us in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14349

well, the guy who has replied to my tickets I have been sending today told me to contact a forum moderator. his name is Chef Mack... and he is a forum moderator. so really are you kidding me?!

DeletedUser

well, the guy who has replied to my tickets I have been sending today told me to contact a forum moderator. his name is Chef Mack... and he is a forum moderator. so really are you kidding me?!

All ingame moderators are also listed on the forum site leaders as they are jointly responsible for managing the World forums, along with an assigned forum moderator.

Issues regarding forum moderation must be addressed to a forum moderator for review. I have advised you who to contact in my previous post.

DeletedUser14349

you are a senior moderaror as well according to this list. and I have sent a message to you. so pleas do bother to reply. thank you

DeletedUser

I have responded to your message and will do my best to assist.

DeletedUser653

Hi lady-lexis,
one of the posts here stated that the change INNO made to prevent a player releasing lots of sectors and restrict this action to only 4 sectors is negated by being able to delete all armies in every age and every sector owned by a guild.

Since this is a really big issue for all ages of FOE would you please confirm if this is actually the case by answering the following 2 questions.

1) Can a single player delete all armies in every sector in every age that is owned by a guild?
2) if a player cannot delete all armies, what is the restriction? for example, can he delete all armies in every sector owned but on the last sector in each age he cannot delete the last army

thanks - Mark

DeletedUser96867

They made it so that one person could only release 4 sectors but forgot or are too lazy to fix the problem that you can get around this by just deleting the armies. and oh yea they do not want you to know that this is still possible or they will have to fix it now

It was brought to INNO's attention that the release 4 sectors limit could be bipassed using the delete army option the very day that update was introduced. As i understand it the grant freedom 4 sector limit is per day on each age. So that limitation was basically useless as a player timing it right around the daily calculation just before and just after would be able to release 8 sectors in each age, in a very short time.

The obvious solution of providing separated gvg rights(low level: place sieges & use goods, and higher level:delete army/grant freedom) have been asked for repeatedly for over 9 months now since the problem became obvious in testing. The other solution of removing the delete army function and changing it to a replace army option would also prevent this sort of thing, and we were once told that would be provided in the next update but that was about 5 months ago now. As well I've repeatedly requested INNO create and provide gvg specific rules, and only ever received the deafening sound or silence or some comment about having to see how gvg plays out in return. I've basically gave up on gvg a long time ago due to the problems but even more so due to INNO's complete lack of response not only in dealing with the problems, but even admitting that a problem exists.

Having said that, at least the very poorly designed gvg events log is usually working enough that we can figure out who is responsible for what now, only took 9 months to get that 'right'

fischh

DeletedUser2989

Ok to start with I'll answer the two questions posed here:
1) Can a single player delete all armies in every sector in every age that is owned by a guild?
2) if a player cannot delete all armies, what is the restriction? for example, can he delete all armies in every sector owned but on the last sector in each age he cannot delete the last army

1&2) There are no limits on the number of armies that can be deleted by any player, all armies in all ages can be deleted.

It is this that has enabled much of the HQ hopping and ghosting that is still seen. There was going to be a change to be implemented as fischh said:

The other solution of removing the delete army function and changing it to a replace army option would also prevent this sort of thing, and we were once told that would be provided in the next update but that was about 5 months ago now.

This change was mentioned in the 1.23 update:
GvG Changes and Bugfixes

The "Delete Army" option has been removed from the GvG screen

and following was this discussion, if you read though it you may notice many posts about the issues of just removing the delete button would cause (you'll also see some posts from current moderators that were not moderators back then). There was a notification I unfortunately can't find it but in regards to the issue of "deleting armies being a workaround the release function" I found this post.

I suspect that the "delete and replace" issue is still being worked on (unfortunately can't confirm it), many people wanted to have the ability to replace armies and understood why the delete function needed to be removed but doing only that caused other issues (can't release HQ's so there was an issue of a guild becoming stuck in an undesirable landing zone for one).

The obvious solution of providing separated gvg rights... As well I've repeatedly requested INNO create and provide gvg specific rules

I've seen no action on either of these issues, the first is still in the ideas section, I encourage people wanting the changes in the ideas section to add their support to the threads (even if they are already popular). The more popular a thread is the better the CM/CCM's can advocate for the changes. As for the second, Inno's actions (implementing game mechanics to remove issues, even if done with varying success) show that they would rather implement fixes to the game mechanics to solve as many issues as they can rather than loading up a bunch of rules that then take up more time from the moderator team as they attempt to enforce the rules. Issues such as HQ hopping and spies deleting an empire can be fixed in game without needing rules (ghosting is a bit trickier to fix in-game but may yet be possible), rules could be made up but that distracts from the actual fixing of the problem (not to mention the extra support tickets slowing everything down).

So to sum up, we'll update you on the "delete and replace" issue when we can (it is being chased up), if you like the idea of seperate GvG rights (to help prevent spy damage and just make it a bit easier to manage rights overall) please add your support to the idea (we can advocate for it better then) and rules will not be implemented as fixes are on the way (can't confirm when or in what form sorry).

DeletedUser

In the mean time I advise all guilds to check their members and ensure only those you trust have Trusted status set in your guild, this itself will prevent this occuring within your own guilds.

DeletedUser96867

In the mean time I advise all guilds to check their members and ensure only those you trust have Trusted status set in your guild, this itself will prevent this occuring within your own guilds.

And greatly reduce the ability of a guild to take part in gvg, and make replacing damaged armies (especially around NPC and river/mountain raiders) much more difficult. But hey i guess we can wait another 9 months for INNO to do a urgent 15 minute programming fix while they continue to work on things i've never once seen a player ask for.