• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Expansions beyond 30,000 medals

DeletedUser14693

Having reached 30,000 medals and claiming my expansion slot from the menu I continued to build up my medals for the next expansion at 35,000 medals.
Imagine my surprise when I got to 25,000 medals and looked for the expansion in my menu to find it was not there.
I now find out from INNO that I can not gain any further expansions beyond 30,000 and that this also applies to diamonds after you have spent 600 diamonds (something I will not do).
Having reached the end of PME I have no more opportunities to gain expansion slots despite INNO having twice increased the size of the city boundaries.
My moderator has no news when or if INNO intend to change the limits of medals for expansions.
I need help from the community to get INNO to change this stupid limit.
If we fight in PvP, build GBs for medals and earn towers to produce medals what is it all for if the one thing medals gives you "expansions" are cut off.
If you think this is unfair mail INNO and complain and write something here to keep this thread going.
Thanks for reading this.
rgds
klikiss:mad:

DeletedUser7719

Ever since at least the Industrial Age, we have been getting two more medal and premium expansions for every new age, so I would expect (but not guarentee) that we should get two more when the CE comes out

DeletedUser1081

I now find out from INNO that I can not gain any further expansions beyond 30,000 and that this also applies to diamonds after you have spent 600 diamonds (something I will not do). [...] My moderator has no news when or if INNO intend to change the limits of medals for expansions.

As byeordie says, there's always been a limited number of expansions per era, and as Estipar noted it seems highly likely that - as usual - more expansions (including "medal expansions") will become available when the next new era is launched. Then when we acquire all the expansions for that era, we'll have to wait for the next era to acquire more. So what's the problem?

I'm surprised if "your moderator" didn't tell you that, and wonder what you mean about the diamonds. What in the world do you mean about the diamonds?

DeletedUser99445

I Think that once a player hits a certain size of floor space, they should have to pay for all further expansions using diamonds and not medals, to prevent the free players from being able to expand their city without cost.
Don't even understand why anyone should be able to play for free beyond Iron Age.

DeletedUser2989

I Think that once a player hits a certain size of floor space, they should have to pay for all further expansions using diamonds and not medals, to prevent the free players from being able to expand their city without cost.
Don't even understand why anyone should be able to play for free beyond Iron Age.

And this is how it is :)

A set number in the tech tree and continent map. A set number through medals and a set number through diamonds. Get them all and you can use every space made avaliable. If you don't spend the diamonds on them you'll never reach maximum city size (miss any one of the 4 ways and you'll never reach maximum size).

DeletedUser99445

Hi Tankovy,
Its not quite the way it is as you can still obtain free expansions through all the ages and I don't think freebie players should be able to get any bigger after iron age.
Its annoying to see these players getting all these freebies and then have the audacity to complain and criticise the developers and the players for various reasons including expansions, GvG, ghost guilds, demo guilds, collection boxes, I could go and on and on. LOLOL

DeletedUser14693

I think many of you miss the boat completely.
For one I have bought diamonds at times for a variety of purposes so I'm not a free loader.
Secondly there is no logic in INNO expanding the city at times and then not allowing its players (diamond contributors or not) the opportunity to play for expansions.
Waiting for an era to materialise before you can expand using medals is quite frankly stupid and detracts from one aspect of the game. Whilst getting expansions through research is fine it is not the only way INNO have decided it can be achieved.
What possible problem arises if a player choses to win more medals only to have an arbitary limit placed on their expansion use. Where does it make sense to limit it because I cannot see any at all.
I worked hard through the game to gain medals for one purpose only... expansion. Now I have to wait until INNO get round to another era for a possible opportunity to use my medals.
I think you might have a different attitude if it restricted the number of coins you were allowed to use to buy buildings or limited the number of times you could win BPs so you actually were not able to get the BPs for a GB.
Perhaps those of you with infinite pockets who just buy your way up the success ladder rather than earning it the hard way need a good look in the mirror. Not all of us can afford to pay all the time, some of us are very young or very old and have limited budgets to play with.
rgds
klikiss

DeletedUser14693

I'd like to expand on my last missive.
Gate2 I think you have the wrong idea about me. I have and do contribute to the game financially.
My comments about diamonds were that I would not spend diamonds to get expansions when I can earn them from research and medals.
I have used my diamonds (some earned from the game some bought) to get GBs when I have needed BPs and cannot get them.
The limits on expansions of 2 per era through medals or diamonds (if that is the case) was unknown to me until I hit this ceiling and questioned the moderator, who did an excellent job in replying to my questions I was unaware of it.
The issue for me is that it made no sense for INNO to recently expand the city twice in a very short period of time but to limit our abilities to match the available space with options to earn the expansions to fill them.
I'm happy for some people to play this game and not necessarily contribute financially, not everybody can afford it and I thought that in part we were exercising the game for the programmers to help them resolve bugs.
rgds
klikiss

DeletedUser2989

In reference to "INNO expanding the city". The original box restriction that we had in place didn't allow for the placement of expansions that we would have gained in the later ages. The expansion of the limits is now to the point that all expansions across all ages (including the future ones) will fit. As soon as the content for the future eras is released all players will have the potential to use 100% of the space.

The limits on expansions per age is in place for balancing reasons from what I can tell. The restriction gives more incentive to partake in a wider variety of activities and in the end those that do well in tech, the map, pvp and also fund the game (buy diamonds) will have the largest space.

As for your very last part "I thought that in part we were exercising the game for the programmers to help them resolve bugs". The place for that is on the beta server (.zz), tehcnically the worlds we are playing on here would be what most would call the "actual" game. In a sence the game we are playing here is complete and getting expanded.

@Gate2, just reading the first part of your comment it sounded like what we have in place (once you use all the medal, map and continent expansions you still need to use diamonds to complete it all). Considering your IA limitation it is very different. :)

DeletedUser99741

I too hit the 30,000 medal limit and have levelled twice since but no more medal expansions. I have had the 2 diamond expansions and the tech tree has 2. So the question is will there be a change and the 30k limit raised? reinstating the 2 medal expansions per level

DeletedUser99588

Because the game needs many players for it to work and the ones that don't use diamonds can still spend considerable amounts of time on the game helping to make it enjoyable for others who may well be diamond spenders. From what I can see those that progress through the game do seem to spend at least a little amount on diamonds in their primary cities.

As far as medal expansions go I assume the developers have calculated how many expansions are required for the remaining ages to fill the landscape so there just might not be room for any more medal ones hence the cap at 30k. Part of the game has always been about city planning and limitations on city size is part of the game.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
There isn't a cap at 30k. Each of the recent ages/eras have added 2 expansions which could be obtained with medals. The first expansion costing 10 medals, rising to 30k for the final, currently available one.

When the next era comes, 2 more victory expansions will be available to obtain with medals. Extrapolating from previous cost increments, my own best guess is that the next 2 expansions will cost 36k and 42k medals respectively.

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

When the next era comes, 2 more victory expansions will be available to obtain with medals. Extrapolating from previous cost increments, my own best guess is that the next 2 expansions will cost 36k and 42k medals respectively.

Seems fair to me.

DeletedUser99741

neither the modern or post modern have opened up medal/victory expansions on my city. diamond tech tree and map yes but NO medals, should i contact support?

DeletedUser9168

If this is indeed true, then please contact support and they will be able to look into the situation for you.
The 2 additional medal expansions for each of Modern and Post-Modern Ages were released just prior to the release of the new age itself, if my memory serves me correctly.

DeletedUser653

If this is indeed true, then please contact support and they will be able to look into the situation for you.
The 2 additional medal expansions for each of Modern and Post-Modern Ages were released just prior to the release of the new age itself, if my memory serves me correctly.
Agreed, i got 2 more or each

DeletedUser97349

neither the modern or post modern have opened up medal/victory expansions on my city. diamond tech tree and map yes but NO medals, should i contact support?

What was the cost of your last medal expansion?

As a note, the speculation on CE medal expansions is that only ;) there will indeed be more, but not necessarily that number or cost.

DeletedUser7719

Note that you do not unlock new medal expansions every new age. You can get all your 17 medal expansions in the Bronze Age if you have the time, and once the CE is implemented, that will increase ;)

DeletedUser99741

My last expansion was 30k ( if my memory is correct). Thankyou byeordie as that answers my question and i will wait for the new era for more victory expansions