• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What resources have you discovered in the provinces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1132

I got as far as Moravaria till now and are quite disappointed with the resources I discovered. What have you found after all theses battles?

Here is what I got: wine, marble rock, iron ore, wool, granite rock, gold, rock and quartz

The thing is, how am I supposed to produce these crazy amounts of limestone, honey, copper, alabaster, jewelry and ebony if I can´t find the appropriate resources for it?

Are there even provinces with limestone, honey, copper, alabaster, jewelry and ebony?

Did anyone has discovered them?

Or is this all just made up to slow us down?

DeletedUser

You get random resources. It's even possible to get the same resource twice, but that might be a bug. I am burdened with a salt mine, which is a totally useless resource. You only need 11 for the entire tech tree and you get loads of it as a reward from quests.

Arvahall: Marble, Stone, Limestone, Ebony, Alabaster, Honey, Salt and Quartz so far.

DeletedUser

You get a limited amount of resources you discover like that, 2 per age, and the rest you either trade for or build the goods buildings and make them more slowly.

DeletedUser65

the deposits you get are decided at random by the game,its desigend so you cant find all goods to encourage social interaction with your neighbours. ideally between the 80 players in your social bar most if not all the goods should have been discovered and thus get mass produced, which would allow you to trade the goods you can mass produce for something you cant but someone else can. in theory its a good system but in practice its deeply flawed due to inactive players. a future feature will allow trade outside of your 80 social bar but when that feature arrives is anybody's guess.

DeletedUser

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser65

I am burdened with a salt mine, which is a totally useless resource. You only need 11 for the entire tech tree and you get loads of it as a reward from quests

You' may need a lot to negotiate and theirs also the future ages yet to be introduced

DeletedUser

I got as far as Moravaria till now and are quite disappointed with the resources I discovered. What have you found after all theses battles?

Here is what I got: wine, marble rock, iron ore, wool, granite rock, gold, rock and quartz

The thing is, how am I supposed to produce these crazy amounts of limestone, honey, copper, alabaster, jewelry and ebony if I can´t find the appropriate resources for it?

Are there even provinces with limestone, honey, copper, alabaster, jewelry and ebony?

Did anyone has discovered them?

Or is this all just made up to slow us down?

I have limestone, ebony and honey aside from the early staple wine and dye...

DeletedUser1081

i've gotten dye, marble, wool, limestone, alabaster, gold and stone so far, in that order. getting stone that late, instead of something exotic/advanced, was disappointing, but at least i haven't hit any duplicates.

update: my next province has salt. it could be worse ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1294

It's not random unless I am extremely unlucky, I have 4 accounts on 4 different language versions and on all of them I have a set of Wine, Stone, Ebony and Limestone. (and after etc.)

DeletedUser1132

seems like you need a whole lot of luck to get the right resources and in the right order.

So there will be some lucky players who will have a huge advantage and others who will never make it to the top, I don´t like that :(

I understand that the Idea was to trade between your 80 player group but there are a gazillion threads here that should tell the dev´s this idea didn´t work out!!!

In my group there are only offers of 3 players on the market and one them is even inactive now for more than one week.

So this needs to be changed for sure! When is the global market coming???

DeletedUser

I've got dye & marble, limestone & iron, and copper so far...
Very surprised to read that you can get stone at a later time too, I honestly thought you could get that resource in the iron age only! I sure hope it doesn't mean that we'll need a whole load more of it later on :p

(edit: grammatical error removed :p)

DeletedUser

Every resource in the tree has an almost equal requirement, except stone, so there is no one who gets lucky and has everything, or has some huge advantage... except perhaps stone...
I have :
A: Grapes, Stone, Iron, Ebony, Gold, Granite, Salt, Clay
B: Wood, Stone, Wool, Gems, Gold

I have a serious lack of Ebony in Brisgard, and none of my trading partners has it either, so we are slowed terribly, one person built 4 ebony factories, i built loads of jewelery and cloth and traded for it and got some as a quest reward... but my Arvahall world has more active players and have always been able to trade for anything i needed as well as producing small quantities of everything...

DeletedUser1132

Every resource in the tree has an almost equal requirement, except stone, so there is no one who gets lucky and has everything, or has some huge advantage... except perhaps stone...

I totally disagree here, if a player has no limestone and ebony (like me) s/he is pretty much screwed and players who have it are in a much better position on the market (when the market actually starts making sense), trading for whatever they don´t have

and this looks like a huge advantage to me

DeletedUser

I have :
A: Grapes, Stone, Iron, Ebony, Gold, Granite, Salt, Clay
B: Wood, Stone, Wool, Gems, Gold

I have a serious lack of Ebony in Brisgard, and none of my trading partners has it either, so we are slowed terribly, one person built 4 ebony factories, i built loads of jewelery and cloth and traded for it and got some as a quest reward... but my Arvahall world has more active players and have always been able to trade for anything i needed as well as producing small quantities of everything...

to research whole tech tree one need 461 limestone (!) compare this to 100 of brick and say again resources are equal, lol :)

DeletedUser

to research whole tech tree one need 461 limestone (!) compare this to 100 of brick and say again resources are equal, lol :)

Suprisingly this almost makes sense. Limestone is the one rock that is used in more ways than any other. From blocks to aggregate in road bases,flux in a metal forge,concrete,paint,dye,bricks etc.Now did the developers have this in mind when they were writing code? only they know(hate to underestimate the developers but i doubt it)..I agree the numbers are a little lopsided and makes things a pain with trade the way that it is currently but it is what it is. besides 4 limestone buildings looks pretty cool :)

DeletedUser1294

I have Limestone, Stone, and Ebony and no one seems to be intrested in my offers. (Despite the fact they are all in need of ebony as they have market offers.)
Oh the irony of that forge point trading.

DeletedUser

if you dont have the resources you need in the provinces you have and nobody wants to trade,go make 'em an offer they can't refuse and plunder what you need. evil:D

DeletedUser1294

I'm trading in ratios 1:10 lol
Let's see if anyone else has those things.

DeletedUser

Well, that number is in fact not that high. I have not yet finished HMA, do not own a limestone deposit and there is no trading in my neighboorhood... yet i am only missing 15 limestones to finish the tech tree, considering that arvahall is not that old, i find it reasonable. Just build 2 or 3 masons, plunder your neighboor and you easily get 20 limestones per day.

And i counted 464 limestones to finish the tech tree, you must have forgot the 3 needed for sewerage ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.