• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion: Changelog 0.10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17

Please leave your feedback about the Changelog below:

Dear Kings and Queens,

For last few weeks we have been working really hard on making the game more stable, and also increasing its performance. In parallel we have also been working on some bigger and smaller features that we will implement with our 0.10.0 update.

The updates are planned for next week. Please do not ask for an exact date, I will inform you beforehand.

Features

Guild Administration and Guild Forums
A first version of our Guild administration and our Guild forums will go live. Invite friends from the world you are playing on to join your guild. In the Guild forums you will be able to discuss plan and plot with your fellow guilders. Please note that we will add to this feature in the future, as we plan to allow trade within the guild to be free (no forge point costs). An option to fight on the battlefield together is also something we want to work on in the future.

Guild bar
Your guild will be visible in the neighbourhood bar, simply toggle between the guild and the neighborhood members at your leisure.

Global Ranking
Are you first in your neighbourhood, and you require more competition? You will now be be able to see the player's points from your entire world in the new Global Ranking system, and get the possibility to compete against extremely skilled player for the top world ranks. (Supporting and attacking via the global ranking is disabled for now.)

There are three available ranking views
  • Player - Top players by points
  • Guild - Top guilds by combined player points
  • Medals - Top medal collectors, winners of tournaments

New points calculation
The current point system has been overhauled. The points now consider more factors then simply resources collected. The new point system will be calculated by adding points from: buildings built, battles, and supplies collected. The existing points you earned will be recalculated with the update, so your rank may change.

New point Calculation:
  • Supplies + Coins pickup / 300
  • Battle points / 50
  • Each building gives building points

Old point calculation:
  • Supplies + Coins pickup = Points

Upgrade Roads
We know you are sick of changing roads, deleting one by one and then replacing. Well we made it easier, now take the new road and simply drag it over the old road to replace it.

E-mail and Password change
There is now a little settings button(small cogs), located in the bottom left corner. Clicking it will bring you to the menu where you can edit and change your e-mail and password.

Smaller changes and features
  • Message directly to player from the Trade menu.
  • Global Ranking and Medals are now visible in the top bar.
  • Building Tools have been moved. When you open the building menu, the tools will appear under the Forge Points.
  • Multiplayer now has its own menu button, which is located to where the "Tools" were before. Here you can access Guilds and Global Ranking.
  • We no longer display the idle state icon for Military buildings when full.
  • The "Gather All" Premium feature price was lowered from 15 to 10 Diamonds.

Tease
In a next update we will be changing how Neighbourhood Activity works. Active players will be pooled together into active neighbourhoods every 1 to 2 weeks. This will help the activity in our current trading feature, as Neighbourhoods mostly will consist of active players. We will also be adding the free trade between guild members in the future.

Thank you for all your support and suggestions.

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser65

Tease
In a next update we will be changing how Neighbourhood Activity works. Active players will be pooled together into active neighbourhoods every 1 to 2 weeks. This will help the activity in our current trading feature, as Neighbourhoods mostly will consist of active players. We will also be adding the free trade between guild members in the future.

excellent update, some very needed features of which im looking forward to trying out , my only question is from the above quote. Is this feature coming with 0.10.0 or will it be the following update 0.10.1?? and if so is there a rough time frame on that update

DeletedUser17

excellent update, some very needed features of which im looking forward to trying out , my only question is from the above quote. Is this feature coming with 0.10.0 or will it be the following update 0.10.1?? and if so is there a rough time frame on that update

The features from the "tease" section are for the next update (not 0.10.0).

DeletedUser

The updates are planned for next week. Please do now ask for an exact date, I will inform you beforehand.

So ill ask when does the update come? Just joking should be not i guess.

Does this update also fix the delay that if you gather resources you got to wait some time before it counts. Can go up to a minute if you get a lot.

Looks good so far can't wait with the guilds and fight global.

DeletedUser17

So ill ask when does the update come? Just joking should be not i guess.

Does this update also fix the delay that if you gather resources you got to wait some time before it counts. Can go up to a minute if you get a lot.

Looks good so far can't wait with the guilds and fight global.

-LOL, You got me ZRosaN. I changed it. Thanks for the heads up :)

The delay will be something we will be improving over time

The global fights will be awesome, I agree! but please remember: "(Supporting and attacking via the global ranking is disabled for now.)". Hopefully we should have them soon.

DeletedUser

since a guild system will be implemented, will there be some sort of guildwar/battle feature too? that would really take this game a notch higher :D

DeletedUser17

since a guild system will be implemented, will there be some sort of guildwar/battle feature too? that would really take this game a notch higher :D

This is definitely something we are considering, but I cannot comment about it any further.

DeletedUser

The "Gather All" Premium feature price was lowered from 15 to 10 Diamonds.

I don't understand... The gather all price is currently 10 diamonds.

DeletedUser65

sorry for the double post, 1 more question regarding the tease.

how exactly will it work?? i guess the first lets call it "merge" will take the most active from all neighborhoods and land them in 1 neighborhood, but you say it changes every 1-2 weeks?? how exactly will it change??
is it a case of the inactive's will be replaced at the end of every 2nd week or are we all up for "merging" regardless of our activity simply swapping all actives between differant neighborhoods??

DeletedUser17

sorry for the double post, 1 more question regarding the tease.

how exactly will it work?? i guess the first lets call it "merge" will take the most active from all neighborhoods and land them in 1 neighborhood, but you say it changes every 1-2 weeks?? how exactly will it change??
is it a case of the inactive's will be replaced at the end of every 2nd week or are we all up for "merging" regardless of our activity simply swapping all actives between differant neighborhoods??

I understand that this is a very important issue, but we should discuss this after the current update has been finished. Rest assure that we will give you more information about the merging conditions with our next changelog. Merging will happen, and the neighbourhoods will be more active. How this will happen in detail will be revealed at a later date. Thanks for understanding guys. :)

DeletedUser

If I create a guild, I will be able to invite players from entire world of just mine neighborhood?

I understand that this is a very important issue, but we should discuss this after the current update has been finished. Rest assure that we will give you more information about the merging conditions with our next changelog. Merging will happen, and the neighbourhoods will be more active. How this will happen in detail will be revealed at a later date. Thanks for understanding guys. :)

Its very very important issue! It should be priority to eliminate problem with trade and inactive players. Its first thing you should fix, and only then make new features like Guilds.

DeletedUser

I like what I read. Those constant crashes every 5 minutes really got on my nerves.
I still find the game expensive. I play premium in tribal wars for years. And it is worth it, if the account is large.
Here it is simply overpriced. the amount of resources that are needed for some techs look to me somebody took a dart and shot at a board of numbers and what ever the number it found it took it. As long as it is beta, 200 diamonds per month should be free. With our feedback we help Inno Games to make that game a success and we shouldn't be charged for that service.
We should be getting something out of this.

Grouping active people together in world, make sense, but then is not really needed anymore when I have a guild. I have now in each world 1 player that I work together with. we boost our happiness, trading is not much of a chance, as we have the same resources, but that can be solved with the guild.

If people get moved once a week around from group to group, that does not help with building strong neighborhoods. We will have hardly time to get to know each other.

DeletedUser17

If people get moved once a week around from group to group, that does not help with building strong neighborhoods. We will have hardly time to get to know each other.

Like I posted above we will provide more details about this in the next changelog. Note that not all the info about this feature was posted. Please be patient.

DeletedUser

Please leave your feedback about the Changelog below:

New points calculation
The current point system has been overhauled. The points now consider more factors then simply resources collected. The new point system will be calculated by adding points from: buildings built, battles, and supplies collected. The existing points you earned will be recalculated with the update, so your rank may change.

New point Calculation:
  • Supplies + Coins pickup / 300
  • Battle points / 50
  • Each building gives building points

Old point calculation:
  • Supplies + Coins pickup = Points
The Forge of Empires Team

how many points one gets for Negotiating?
if someone want to play it peaceful, he is not getting any points then?

DeletedUser1688

Greetings,
have few questions,not sure if I understand well couse of my bad English.
This is how I understand what we will get with new update in next week:
We will be able to create or join someones guild from world we are playing at to discus,planing game etc at forum,sometimes in future we will mabye be able to trade etc.
We will be able to see global ranking wich meen players points from all world.
We will be able to change roads easier.
Prices will be lower for those who use diamonds.
Thank you in advance for yours answer :)

DeletedUser

Tease
Active players will be pooled together into active neighbourhoods every 1 to 2 weeks. This will help the activity in our current trading feature, as Neighbourhoods mostly will consist of active players. We will also be adding the free trade between guild members in the future.

This is all I saw in your post. Damn man, do I love you right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.