• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Discussion to 1.29 update.

DeletedUser

To all players: I have removed several posts that were discussing details from the beta server which are not yet implemented on the live server. This is due to the fact that it is against forum rules to discuss features that are on other servers but not (yet) on this one. When the update is implemented there will be no such restriction, but in the meantime I would ask everyone to respect this rule when posting.

DeletedUser2989

To all players: I have removed several posts that were discussing details from the beta server which are not yet implemented on the live server. This is due to the fact that it is against forum rules to discuss features that are on other servers but not (yet) on this one. When the update is implemented there will be no such restriction, but in the meantime I would ask everyone to respect this rule when posting.

I'm guessing that we can't have an answer to the following questions then? My post was simply trying to explain what was said in the update anouncement a bit better.

So will there be a new FP counter to display when we collect our GBs and/or use from inventory? I'm not understanding how it displays it seperately if it doesn't count toward the hourly.
Yes but when you collect them where do they go? There must be some sort of visual indicator.

I won't give my answer again as it obviously :rolleyes: is information from another server but can a mod maybe explain the update info mentioning "additional FP's" (dot points 3 and 4) as some people don't understand what has been written.

" It will be possible that Great Buildings can produce more than 10 Forge Points which would be impossible to collect. Therefore more than 10 Forge Points can be collected now if the player has 10 or less Forge Points available.
Also when using Forge Points from inventory, no loss of Forge Points will occur anymore. If the player already has more than 10 Forge Points collected he can not collect more."

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Yes it is very vague. As of now for example, if I have 4 hourly FP and I collect 6 FP from my Hagia it is possible, BUT I lose the currently 'training' FP, so I only collect form Hagia when I have 3 hourly FP OR the 4th hourly FP has just arrived. If I have 5 hourly FP then the game won't let me collect the 6 FP from my Hagia

With this new feature, if I have between 4 to 9 hourly FP with the 5th to 10th FP currently 'training' and I collect the 6 FP from my Hagia (making it between 10 to 15 in total), do I lose the 'training' time of the currently 'training' FP?

Last edited:

DeletedUser98465

" It will be possible that Great Buildings can produce more than 10 Forge Points which would be impossible to collect. Therefore more than 10 Forge Points can be collected now if the player has 10 or less Forge Points available.

Also when using Forge Points from inventory, no loss of Forge Points will occur anymore. If the player already has more than 10 Forge Points collected he can not collect more."

Detail in communications was/is never Inno's strongpoint, but my interpretation of this is that when GB's that give out FP's reach above a level where they give out 11, 12, 13 upwards FPs this is in excess of the capability that the bar, therefore in essence FPs would/could be lost".

What they have done, is amend this (speculative) to take it into consideration in this scenario so it will scale accordingly based on a) what you currently have and b) what you are collecting.

What it assumes though is that when you collect said FP's you have zero already, so what happens if I have 8 FP's and I make a collection of 8 FP's?

The second line in terms of FPs from FP packs in your inventory seems to be separate, and contradicts the first, and seems to indicate only 10 FP's max on the bar as you can't collect any more when using these.

Surely the answer is simply to scale the bar for collections and using packs, but the hourly generated FP's don't go beyond 10.

*confused*

DeletedUser2989

Maybe I can answer these questions if I "modify" the info supplied in the update (this may end up deleted again :( ). Please note I'm trying to reword the update to be clearer and not use any info from elsewhere.

"Therefore more than the maximum 10 Forge Points can be collected and stored in your FP bar now if the player has 10 or less Forge Points available."

"Also when using Forge Point Packs from inventory, no loss of Forge Points will occur anymore. If the player already has more than 10 Forge Points stored in their FP bar they can not collect more from GB's (or other town buildings such as Shrine of Knowledge or Town Hall if your guild level provides you with FP's) or use any more Forge Point Packs."

I'm pretty sure that if you do "collect from a GB/use a FP pack" and your bar is filled to over 10 that the countdown till you "generate" a new FP gets reset, the same as it currently would if you filled your bar to 10. (If this is too much then delete the post but people want to know these answers, say something about it if this is to be deleted!)

So how do I get these voucher whatever things? Had a bunch of lvl10 GBs for nearly 1.5 years, should be worth at least a few no?

Once again rewording what the update anouncement said to hopefully answer this question.

“As promised some time ago, Great Buildings vouchers will be given (one for each) to level up Aachen Cathedral, Statue of Zeus, and Castel del Monte with this update if you have them in your city.”

Given the info there it is safe to assume that you'll find these vouchers in your inventory and they'll probably be a "use item" to auto level or unlock a level...

Amy Steele

General
New Forge Points System

I'm guessing that we can't have an answer to the following questions then? My post was simply trying to explain what was said in the update anouncement a bit better.

I won't give my answer again as it obviously :rolleyes: is information from another server but can a mod maybe explain the update info mentioning "additional FP's" (dot points 3 and 4) as some people don't understand what has been written.

My personal understanding of the new system based on my reading of the announcement is that the hourly FPs system will remain unchanged - you will still only be able to accumulate 10 hourly FPs in your bar, and at that time the timer will stop until you have spent some FPs and have less than 10 in your bar. All that will change is that even if you have 10 hourly FPs in your bar, you will still be able to collect FPs from your GBs, or open FP packs from your inventory. Perhaps a couple of examples will help to illustrate the difference.

Example 1:
I have 8 FPs in my bar and try to collect 3 from my Hagia.

Current System:
I cannot do this as the number of FPs in my bar would exceed 10. I must spend some before I can collect. The timer to the next hourly FP will continue to count down.

New system:
I can now do this and will have 11 FPs total in my bar (I am assuming the size of the bar will not change and this will be represented by a full bar with the number of FPs shown as 11). The timer for the next hourly FP resets to 1 hour and is halted until I spend some FPs and have less than 10 in my bar.

Example 2:
I have 7 FPs in my bar and open a 10 FP pack from my Inventory.

Current System:
3 FPs are added to my FP bar and the rest are lost. The timer for the next hourly FP resets to 1 hour and is halted until I spend at least 1 FP.

New System:
All 10 FPs are added to my FP bar so I now have 17. The timer for the next hourly FP resets to 1 hour and is halted until I spend enough FPs to take the total in my bar down to less than 10.

DeletedUser98465

My personal understanding of the new system...

I think this is part of the issue, your interpretation may be different than others because the announcement isn't clear, or more appropriately explained very well.

Can I/We ask that it's definitively clarified, with example and screenshot of the new makeup. I only ask as a short while back i had 20FP on appear on my bar, so it makes me wonder (I did ask about it but never really got an answer)

DeletedUser

So once a building will hit level 10, you can no longer add forgepoints to increase it up, you only level it by full set of blueprints? If that is so, i like this system for leveling past level 10.

DeletedUser13082

My personal understanding of the new system based on my reading of the announcement is that the hourly FPs system will remain unchanged - you will still only be able to accumulate 10 hourly FPs in your bar, and at that time the timer will stop until you have spent some FPs and have less than 10 in your bar. All that will change is that even if you have 10 hourly FPs in your bar, you will still be able to collect FPs from your GBs, or open FP packs from your inventory. Perhaps a couple of examples will help to illustrate the difference.

Example 1:
I have 8 FPs in my bar and try to collect 3 from my Hagia.

Current System:
I cannot do this as the number of FPs in my bar would exceed 10. I must spend some before I can collect. The timer to the next hourly FP will continue to count down.

New system:
I can now do this and will have 11 FPs total in my bar (I am assuming the size of the bar will not change and this will be represented by a full bar with the number of FPs shown as 11). The timer for the next hourly FP resets to 1 hour and is halted until I spend some FPs and have less than 10 in my bar.

Example 2:

Current System:
3 FPs are added to my FP bar and the rest are lost. The timer for the next hourly FP resets to 1 hour and is halted until I spend at least 1 FP.

New System:
All 10 FPs are added to my FP bar so I now have 17. The timer for the next hourly FP resets to 1 hour and is halted until I spend enough FPs to take the total in my bar down to less than 10.

I said this on page 2 around post 17ish but it got removed :confused:

So once a building will hit level 10, you can no longer add forgepoints to increase it up, you only level it by full set of blueprints? If that is so, i like this system for leveling past level 10.

The full set of BP's will unlock the next level. Once the level is unlocked, it then requires FP donations to level it up again the same as the previous levels have worked. It will increase in the amount of FP required with each level. However this is not yet released here so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this either :confused:

DeletedUser

Example 2:

Current System:

I thought currently if you try to open a 10 FP package and you already have some in the queue, it just won't let you open the FP package? Maybe i've just always assumed that and made sure I spent all my FPs first before opening a package?

DeletedUser7719

I thought currently if you try to open a 10 FP package and you already have some in the queue, it just won't let you open the FP package? Maybe i've just always assumed that and made sure I spent all my FPs first before opening a package?
Nope, the system will allow it and only give you three. You can currently open one with 10 FP in hand and thus waste a FP package.

DeletedUser98465

The full set of BP's will unlock the next level. Once the level is unlocked, it then requires FP donations to level it up again the same as the previous levels have worked. It will increase in the amount of FP required with each level. However this is not yet released here so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this either :confused:

Yes but, this is EXACTLY what should be released in terms of informing people. I'm growing weary of Inno's poor approach to everything, do they actually understand anything about things like ITIL or communication for that matter.

DeletedUser103225

I am not pleased with the part that stops contributions to GBs for BA players personally. For one, It is a nice way for new players to acquire BPs and loot. Thus the excuse given that it makes the game simpler is a tad ludicrous as it also makes it harder for BA level people. And in my particular case, I was doing the Jester Swindle : staying down to collect a couple particular few Side Quests that give Random Rewards while contributing my clock Fps to my guild's GBs. I now will have to leave BA or alternatively become a less useful guild member since unable to contribute these Fps? Or forced to enter IA.
That particular "trick" was legal and only required patience. This new feature thus resembles a disguised attempt at forcing White Players ( those that do not buy Diamonds ) to spend money. It is my belief that, while I understand the need for Inno to make money, this new feature then impoverishes the game plan. Less complicated for sure but by the same token less complex too. IRL it would be akin to taking words out of the dictionary because they are too complicated for beginners? Not an amelioration, sorry to say.

Good day all, Thibert.

DeletedUser96867

@ Thibert 1er

It only takes about 7 days to advance out of BA. The majority of players in BA who are doing a good deal of donations to GB are either new players being exploited because they don't yet know what they are doing, or are push accounts.

@DoubleDecker

Is that a rhetorical question ?

My understanding is that once a GB reaches level 10(or above) you will no longer be able to donate fp to it unless the next level is unlocked by the owner with a full set of bp, after a level is unlocked fp are once again needed to complete that level of the GB.

DeletedUser96867

To all players: I have removed several posts that were discussing details from the beta server which are not yet implemented on the live server.

This entire discussion is about an update not yet implemented on the live servers.

All that will change is that even if you have 10 hourly FPs in your bar, you will still be able to collect FPs from your GBs, or open FP packs from your inventory. Perhaps a couple of examples will help to illustrate the difference.

I believe that is incorrect, that you must have less than 10fp to collect further fp, as soon as you are at 10fp or over you are unable to collect more fp. If you have 9 or fewer fp you will be able to collect more fp no matter the amount and the full amount of collected fp will be added to your current number of fp, above a total of 10fp if necessary.

DeletedUser5180

i have a couple of questions

1) i understand vouchers are being given out for each of these three GBs...Zues, Castel del Monte and Cathedral of Aachen and each voucher will allow a GB to increse 1 level. Will the vouchers be applicable only to one GB or if you have the 3 GBs and receive 3 vouchers can they all be used on one GB to increase it 3 levels.? Also do you need a full set of BPs in order to use a voucher.?

2) Is there any info avaliable with the boost values for GBs from level 11 upwards.?

DeletedUser96867

@akbhoy67
1) It appears the vouchers would be for 1 specific GB and can not be used on another GB. I believe you can use the voucher at below level 10 levels so in that case a set of bp would not be needed, for the above level 10 GB i have no idea.

2)I have some info on that but am certain it would not be permitted to be posted here on the forum at this time.