• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The neighborhood system

DeletedUser102902

Apologies if this has been discussed before (which I imagine it has) but the search function on this forum doesn't return relevant results when I use it.

Is it intended that we have neighbourhoods filled with completely different level players?
Only I'm on 189,000 points and ranked 41 in my hood. Number 1 is 1,400,000 and plundering every day.
I've not got an issue with being plundered, but there's not a lot I can do after being placed in with people so much more advanced than me.

So wouldn't it be better if hoods were balanced? a neighbourhood where everyone is around the same level would make sense. That way everyone has the ability to revenge on everyone, and people will form more alliances etc.

Just gets so frustrating that I'm not even using my goods buildings anymore. Just getting goods for my gbs which, thankfully, can't be plundered.

Nilopertiso

Corporal
The stock response chap seems to be to wait until hood shuffles every 2 weeks then if nothing, wait another 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks and so forth, but seldom do I ever see much in the way of change in my hoods (then again, I don't keep track of the lower level players so perhaps it does change at that end of the scale).

High points though doesn't necessarily suggest a stronger player, just perhaps someone who has played longer or who fights everyone daily (but they aren't necessarily excessively out of reach to fight back).

DeletedUser5180

i think the hood merges tend to place players that are at the same stage of the game together and ignores points scored. As Nilotiso has mentioned you may be much closer to your plunderer than you think, check their city for defensive military gb's, monastery and watchfires then work out their defense, you may be able to defeat them quite easily.

DeletedUser

Akbhoy67 you do know also that when your in battle you can hover over an enemy military unit and in green a boost will pop up for defense and or attack if it has a boost? :)

DeletedUser7719

He's saying before you attack them. Testing the waters with catapults may end badly against mounted archers ;)

DeletedUser

I'm in a similar situation. The top folks in my neighborhood are way above me in points and era's...I'm Colonial and they are Modern or Progressive. I get attacked and plundered frequently. Most of these people have been in my neighborhood for months now, nothing much seems to change in the hood shuffles.

DeletedUser2989

Honestly nothing much changes, I've always been in neighbourhoods where the top people can walk right over my defenses and take what they want. I don't think it'll get any more "balanced" in the future.

DeletedUser

I'll add to this thread, I am #74 of 83 in my neighborhood. I just started in LMA. The #73 player has more the twice the points that I do and is in IA. the top 50 people in my neighborhood are all in Modern age. I am attacked and plundered up to 20 times every day. Before this new neighborhood I was thrown into, I was a heavy diamond buyer (over $2000) for GvG purposes. This game has lost ALL of it's fun now. How am I supposed to defend against 50 players that are all FAR more advanced than myself? The top player has more than 3 million points. Dozens have more than 1 million points.

Inno, you can forget about me purchasing another diamond. If this is how you treat paying customers there are PLENTY of other game makers that I can buy from.

DeletedUser

Some times this will happen, as we are put into blocks with other players who will be in a similar place in the tech tree (points mean nothing) then the idea is that these blocks are put together and that makes the hood. What happened here sounds like you were unlucky enough to go into maybe a small block, or your block was left over and added to a hood that might not be best suited. In these cases you 'usually' get moved again at the next merge, but if you are not, I would suggest you send in a ticket, as we do like to know if things are not working well, and can only look to improve issues if we know of them. Kim.

DeletedUser

This is not always the case. I'm trying to stand up for some of the little guys right now and can't find a way to get a response. One of the members of my guild was in iron age and had about 5000 points she was placed in a neighbor hood where the top players had around 100000 points and were far more advanced. She is considering quitting the game because she is being plundered by five of them and there is nothing she can do to defend herself. She withdrew her army after it was suggested and sent messages to them but they continue to harass. If there was a way to make the neighborhoods around the same age, this would help morale a lot.

DeletedUser

This is not always the case. I'm trying to stand up for some of the little guys right now and can't find a way to get a response. One of the members of my guild was in iron age and had about 5000 points she was placed in a neighbor hood where the top players had around 100000 points and were far more advanced. She is considering quitting the game because she is being plundered by five of them and there is nothing she can do to defend herself. She withdrew her army after it was suggested and sent messages to them but they continue to harass. If there was a way to make the neighborhoods around the same age, this would help morale a lot.

As a general rule players 'should' only really be in hoods with others up to around two or at a push three eras apart, so if they are iron age and in a hood that sounds like maybe there are far more advanced players, I would expect they should move out at the next merge. As I said below though, if they dont, theres no reason not to send in a ticket, as the merge system could be altered (by the devs not me lol) if proven not to be working as well as it could be. Kim.

DeletedUser

She is considering quitting the game because she is being plundered by five of them and there is nothing she can do to defend herself.

Obviously, I hope she doesn't quit! But there ARE things she can do to defend herself. Motivated houses cannot be plundered, so get help from friends and guild members to plunder-proof her houses. Goods and supplies can be set for 24 hours so you can collect them at roughly the same time each day at a time when you know you can be there. The chances of her attackers being able to plunder in the seconds it takes to collect as her productions finish are extremely slim. Also, use this opportunity to motivate and polish these higher up players to get blue prints for more advanced great buildings. These players typically hate it when you polish their decorations .. so be a pain back to them! You might also get lucky with some deals on higher aged goods as well via your neighbours. And as Kimba has already said, there is a high probability that she will be moved to a new neighbourhood at the next merge if there is really that large of a gap in their tech tree advancement. If there is not that large a gap, then it shouldn't be too hard to build up your defenses and to be able to be successful with attacks as well.

Most of the players here have spent some time in a tough neighbourhood (I certainly have)! It is also a good way to find some friends that are higher up that might help you with advice, trades, or negotiating peace .. or maybe even entry to a different guild that might offer protection of a sort from these plunders. Basically, don't give up! :)

DeletedUser97969

I'm in the neighborhood with top players battling for the top 10 which make 1000 battles a week, and I barely succeed 100-150 to do, and is very hard to get medals from combat. :((
only winning medals keep me in this game, but it's almost impossible if this continues so I'm about to give up the game. :(

DeletedUser100832

why can't they just put players with similar scores in the same n'hood?

what could be simpler? Divide up the player ranking, numbers 1-75 go into one n'hood, numbers 76-150 into another, and so on?

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
why can't they just put players with similar scores in the same n'hood?

Because score is not an accurate measure of power, or anything else. Using it for deciding neighborhoods would make things worse.

To explain this, consider this hypothetical example. Players A and B start the game at the same time, and in the same neighborhood. Both are active warriors, and compete with each other for score and PvP towers. One day their neighborhood is disbanded, and they are separated. Player A lucks out, and remains one of the top dogs in his new neighborhood. Player B is not so lucky, and ends up being cannon fodder in his new neighborhood. For the next few months, player A fights with his neighbors, wins medals and expansions and increases his score, while player B deals with being attacked and plundered, and slowly rises through the ranks by fighting with the few neighbors he is able to defeat.

Six months after being separated, players A and B are back in the same neighborhood after another merge. Player A is ranked first with over a million points, player B is somewhere halfway with a quarter million. Both are still in the same age and equally powerful, except player A has more expansions he got in an easier neighborhood.

This example is hypothetical, but this sort of thing happens all the time. Score is completely meaningless, there can be a difference of two or three ages between players with the same score.

Of course, sometimes a neighborhood is not as tough as the neighbors themselves. Some time I was cast into a new neighborhood where half of the players were more advanced than me. I was dismayed since my old neighborhood had been fairly balanced, competitive without being excessively difficult. Then I discovered that the top dogs in my new neighborhood did not even bother with PvP, and now I'm doing better in the towers than I used to while fighting fewer battles. I think that is the most screwed up thing with the neighborhoods. What the players themselves do is only the second most important thing in how successful they are, the most important one is luck. If you get an easy neighborhood you can earn great rewards with ease, while somewhere someone else is working twice as hard and only making half of what you do.

DeletedUser100832

you see, your argument would've made sense had we had a balanced system already. But we do not, and whilst not perfect, the score-based system is better than what we have, where you get CA and ME players put in together.

DeletedUser97969

~~~~~terrible game dull terrible neighborhood ~~~~~~

http://prntscr.com/3q7tdm
this is my army:
PME 1 Units
ME 1 Units + and some useless champions
PE 0 Units
IA - 12 units
CA -

this is my neighborhood in the postmodern era
http://prntscr.com/3q7vbj

this is in a modern era
http://prntscr.com/3q7wet

I no longer have any desire to fight.

my wish is that all who make 200-300 battles and up to gather in a huge neighborhood of 200-500 neighbor and fight among themselves and leave us us the small warriors with 20-50 fights a week to fight medal separate from them, this is a horrible person to do 1000 battles a week.