• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild versus Guild

DeletedUser3991

It's not even enjoyable anymore. Too many cheating scumbags. Sick of this game.

DeletedUser2989

It's not even enjoyable anymore. Too many cheating scumbags. Sick of this game.

Cheating scumbags are everywhere, no matter what game you play there is someone else out there cheating.

Thanks to everyone confirming that you can't replace a siege army for free, that would have been a big loophole.

I reckon after a while they may well come out with some rules against some of the dirty tactics being used in GvG, it's important they get the rules right so it doesn't restrict those doing the right thing or provide a loophole for those doing the wrong thing. I dislike the creation of all these fake guilds to avoid seige costs, I don't mind if people are jumping to an allied guild to help them out even if this results in allied guild being able to siege a place your "home" guild can't (due to seige costs). I wouldn't mind a feature to better recognise allies, it would be interesting seeing alliances being formed and broken.

Compared to other games that are much better funded I'm impressed with the speed that they are implementing changes and fixes to a new feature while trying to keep the rest of the game going. (Keeping in mind they are still working on PME content, checking the easter event for bugs, trying to correct current bugs just to name a few other things they are doing as well as trying to fix GvG)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I understand some are frustrated that they are getting beaten by a guild 3 times smaller after they themselves were the aggressors hoping that attacking a guild of 12 players they will obtain an easy victory.
However insulting your adversary and calling them cheaters just because you cant win on the battle field is not a sign of noblesse.
Funnily enough this same guild used the same tactic against another guild but somehow when it happens to them its immoral... just like some players complain about plundering ;)

For all I know, creating a new guild in order to lay siege and not pay the huge amount of goods required when you siege your 14th or 15th sector is not a breach of rules. Maybe I just want to create a guild by myself and with a few friends and fight everybody. How is that wrong? If it is however then a moderator please make light in this matter.

In the end keep calm and remember its only a game.

DeletedUser3991

The difference is, we won fair and square. we do not do dirty tactics, and be part of more then one guild. We pride ourselves on fairness.
Others however.....
If this is how you get your kicks, you are indeed a sad individual in my opinion. It is called Guild Wars, therefore we went for a sector of another guilds. But fairly. We did not hide behind the name of a non-guild. and you do not get the rewards as a guild, if you create new ones, so in fact, you are obviously just doing this to drive people out of the game.

It may just be a game - but games are supposed to be fun. This is not fun.

DeletedUser3991

....and you seem to suggest that we have used the same tactic. I can assure you that we have never!

DeletedUser

The difference is, we won fair and square. we do not do dirty tactics, and be part of more then one guild. We pride ourselves on fairness.
Others however.....
If this is how you get your kicks, you are indeed a sad individual in my opinion. It is called Guild Wars, therefore we went for a sector of another guilds. But fairly. We did not hide behind the name of a non-guild. and you do not get the rewards as a guild, if you create new ones, so in fact, you are obviously just doing this to drive people out of the game.

It may just be a game - but games are supposed to be fun. This is not fun.

I think somebody should teach you some manners instead. Calling a fellow gamer "sad individual" or "cheater" or "a scumbag" or whatever is not something that makes you a better person.

Just try to be decent and enjoy the game.

DeletedUser9807

So, I read about"cheating". This sounds a lot like the moaning minnies I cone across when I plunder them. Answer is simple: it's not against the rules, so it's not cheating. The clue's in the name "Guild WARS".

DeletedUser96901

its not against the rules because Innogames had no time to make rules
the guild wars had to be released very fast

no time for rules or finding loopholes

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser12348

Mmmm yes.I would call a deliberate manipulation of a loophole in order to give yourself a competitive advantage, cheating. If fact, apart from a bad paraphrase, I think that is exactly what the game rules state. You can argue semantics all day but facts are facts in so much that we took your sectors from you fair and square and then you cheated in order to get them back. To use your term, not very noble at all.

At least we now know where your morals sit and an implied admittance of fact doesn't throw people off the ball. So now we know what to expect and after weeks of good honest competitive fighting on GvG, I find it quite sad to meet an approach that lessens the game. In fact I find it quite disgusting. But if you want to play that way, go ahead. We as a guild will have nothing to do with it and will find honest guilds to do battle with.

Oh, lets get one fact straight, we have never employed this tactic and never will. Please do not lie, it achieves nothing.

Just try to be decent and enjoy the game

DeletedUser2989

I just want to add that this seems to be a bit of a personal discussion (well a discussion between 2 guilds specifically) and should probably be continued elsewhere if at all... Afterall this is suppose to be discussing GvG as a whole, not just the actions of individuals (or specific guilds).

I believe that Rules specifically for GvG have been highly demanded but we'll have to wait and see what Inno come out with. In the mean time I guess the best we can all do is play to our understanding of what is fair and what is not, until Inno come out with rules we really can't say for certain what is and isn't (we can't even tell what is a loophole and what is a feature! really need Inno to sort this out).

DeletedUser

:rolleyes:

It is a loophole. I dont like the fact I have to leave my guild and start another in order to fight a guild 3 times bigger and who prays on little guys.
Im all for having the devs find a different way in which little guilds can take on bigger ones with equal chances like decreasing the amount of goods needed for siege.
Unfortunately in the current situation that is not possible.
And I have the perfect example. This major guild sieged our sector and replaced the siege army 3 times, thats 4 sieges. Considering they already had like 10+ sectors lets say they paid like 200*5= 1000 total goods per siege, thats 4000 goods in total which they simply threw away lol. My guild would need like 3 weeks in order to come up with that amount. So small guilds have absolutely no chance in a conventional warfare. We would simply we wiped off the map.We need some sort of guerrilla tactics.

For as long as the goods required for laying siege will be undifferentiated between different sized guilds, large guilds will simply overcome small guilds if the later dont find clever ways to fight back one of which is creating another guild.

As to those who claim this is immoral, maybe you can explain me how moral is for the 5th ranked guild in our world to take on a guild 3 times smaller. I mean they could attack the 1st ranked or the 2nd ranked if they had any honour. They could have attacked a top 10 guild if they had little to no honour. But to attack a guild of 12 players many of which are not even in ME?
Thats what I call immoral... "cheating by the rules" if I`m allowed a metaphor.

PS: here`s another idea - calculate cost of siege goods according to the number and level of players in a guild. I think that might equalize forces and ensure a fair combat.

DeletedUser12348

It is a loophole. I dont like the fact I have to leave my guild and start another in order to fight a guild 3 times bigger and who prays on little guys.
Im all for having the devs find a different way in which little guilds can take on bigger ones with equal chances like decreasing the amount of goods needed for siege.
And I have the perfect example. This major guild sieged our sector and replaced the siege army 3 times, thats 4 sieges. Considering they already had like 10+ sectors lets say they paid like 200*5= 1000 total goods per siege, thats 4000 goods in total which they simply threw away lol. My guild would need like 3 weeks in order to come up with that amount. So small guilds have absolutely no chance in a conventional warfare. We would simply we wiped off the map.We need some sort of guerrilla tactics.

For as long as the goods required for laying siege will be undifferentiated between different sized guilds, large guilds will simply overcome small guilds if the later dont find clever ways to fight back one of which is creating another guild.

As to those who claim this is immoral, maybe you can explain me how moral is for the 5th ranked guild in our world to take on a guild 3 times smaller. I mean they could attack the 1st ranked or the 2nd ranked if they had any honour. They could have attacked a top 10 guild if they had little to no honour. But to attack a guild of 12 players many of which are not even in ME?

PS: here`s another idea - calculate cost of siege goods according to the number and level of players in a guild. I think that might equalize forces and ensure a fair combat.

Amazing. We finally have an admittance that you are exploiting game loopholes. I am only glad in so much that the whole gaming community can see this for themselves. I am also glad that mods and developers can see this and take action to eliminate any possibility of this happening again. The rest of your justification for "winning" at any cost can, quite rightly, be ignored.

DeletedUser14576

So... Goods Cost. Again....The more hexes a guild owns, the more Goods it takes to lay siege. First siege army 5 Goods. 1-2 hexes 10, 3-4 hexes 30 for example. This way new or smaller guilds can continue to lay sieges without pricing them selves out after a week. It also slows the big guys down. If a big guild wants to hold 30 hexes then they have to pay the price. I believe this would allow more give and take on the map. It lets small guys keep nipping away at the big guy and will allow for more cooperation among guilds.

DeletedUser

Its been more than 12 hours since a few FOE players have been insulted on this forum being called cheaters, scumbags, sad individuals and all sorts of personal attacks. Those words are still there and I presume those who said them did not get any sort of penalty.
Is there nobody here to moderate content? Or are insults and personal attacks allowed now?

As for this Scurvy rat fellow who waits for me to add a reply to twist my words as he sees fit in order to prove a point I have nothing to add other than its quite funny you ask for decency but you yourself round your guild mates into coming here and insult other players.
If you want to have a constructive conversation about ways to improve guild wars and the game as a whole be my guest. Im all for it. If your whole reason for being here is to lash at someone do it in your own time.

So... Goods Cost. Again....The more hexes a guild owns, the more Goods it takes to lay siege. First siege army 5 Goods. 1-2 hexes 10, 3-4 hexes 30 for example. This way new or smaller guilds can continue to lay sieges without pricing them selves out after a week. It also slows the big guys down. If a big guild wants to hold 30 hexes then they have to pay the price. I believe this would allow more give and take on the map. It lets small guys keep nipping away at the big guy and will allow for more cooperation among guilds.

If you "price" a sector by taking in consideration the guild`s players size and number you might get somewhere. A guild of 80 where half of them are above 1 million rank points would have to pay lets say 100 goods. A guild of 40 where the majority are below 500 k rank points would have to pay 20-25 goods.
So different siege cost for different guilds.
You could decide to increase the goods cost for more sectors or you could simply leave it as a fix amount.
This way they all pay, but the payment will be directly proportional to each guild`s pocket and capacity. This would put the emphasis on activity and would allow players to stay with their friends instead of running to a large guild to have a chance in GvG. Either of the 2 guilds would have close-to-fair chances in combat. The winner will be roughly decided by the skill and activity of the average player.
This might sound as a bit of a communist idea but from my experience so far it might work.

DeletedUser12348

As for this Scurvy rat fellow who waits for me to add a reply to twist my words as he sees fit in order to prove a point I have nothing to add other than its quite funny you ask for decency but you yourself round your guild mates into coming here and insult other players.

Excuse me ? Why do you persist in lying ? I have done nothing of the sort and I have previously asked you very nicely to stop the lies. For your information, you are seeing nothing more than a reaction, from a bunch of very angry people, towards what you have done, not only to our guild but to the game as well.

DeletedUser276

Actually I have a whole bunch of rules I have drawn up. Rules are easy to draw up. Its rules that are fair to all that are hard. Especially on new content.

I just want to add that this seems to be a bit of a personal discussion (well a discussion between 2 guilds specifically) and should probably be continued elsewhere if at all... Afterall this is suppose to be discussing GvG as a whole, not just the actions of individuals (or specific guilds).

There is a lovely section here in the forums for Politics and Propiganda if the 2 guilds want to bicker back and forth on who does what to whom where.

I believe that Rules specifically for GvG have been highly demanded but we'll have to wait and see what Inno come out with. In the mean time I guess the best we can all do is play to our understanding of what is fair and what is not, until Inno come out with rules we really can't say for certain what is and isn't (we can't even tell what is a loophole and what is a feature! really need Inno to sort this out).

As I have stated before the creation of Ghost guilds is within the rules at this time. I am refraining from posting any type of rule by request of the Development team. As they want to see how players are getting around the settup of the game for guild vs guild as they want to know so they can plug these obvious holes. This will take time. In the meantime if its not exactly against the rules that currently exist then its ok AT THIS TIME. however I can guarantee soon there will be rules and coding blocks for certain actions or behaviours.

Excuse me ? Why do you persist in lying ? I have done nothing of the sort and I have previously asked you very nicely to stop the lies. For your information, you are seeing nothing more than a reaction, from a bunch of very angry people, towards what you have done, not only to our guild but to the game as well.

is he telling fallacies? do you think calling a player a liar will solve the issue and get them to stop? How about stopping attacking another player directly here in the forums and attack his city or guild ingame. Lets try to be polite and nice to each other folks. If you have an issue create a ticket on it. But read the rules first and see if something is actually against the rules.

Give us time. We are working on the issue and know about it.

DeletedUser2312

is this not what GvG is all about attacking other guilds??
What is the point of getting sectors and then not progressing??
I am in Scurvys guild.......we worked very hard as a co-ordinated TEAM to get goods and armies for GvG. We have fantastic leaders who have helped ALL members. We have alliances and friends due to time they have given the game.
we played as the game was meant to be played.......
That is the root of our frustration and anger

DeletedUser

Jees...cry me a river, Its a WAR game.
Do I whing when I get plundered...no, I plunder back. Do I whinge if my guild loses a sector...no, we fight back.
So what if underhand tactics are used? If you dont like it either man-up or dont play.

DeletedUser2989

If you "price" a sector by taking in consideration the guild`s players size and number you might get somewhere. A guild of 80 where half of them are above 1 million rank points would have to pay lets say 100 goods. A guild of 40 where the majority are below 500 k rank points would have to pay 20-25 goods.
So different siege cost for different guilds.
You could decide to increase the goods cost for more sectors or you could simply leave it as a fix amount.
This way they all pay, but the payment will be directly proportional to each guild`s pocket and capacity. This would put the emphasis on activity and would allow players to stay with their friends instead of running to a large guild to have a chance in GvG. Either of the 2 guilds would have close-to-fair chances in combat. The winner will be roughly decided by the skill and activity of the average player.
This might sound as a bit of a communist idea but from my experience so far it might work.

Things I dislike about this idea:
A players points in no way seperates what he can do from another. Players with more points have won more battles and played the game for longer but it is not always proportional. You can have 2 players of equal points but one can do twice as much attacking and goods production than the other.
Second all you'd have to do to avoid siege costs is dump a bunch of people (high score people specifically), lay the siege and then invite them back to fight.
Third I see this as being a penalty for activity, the more active you are the more points you get and according to this idea the more expensive your guilds sieges get.
Essentially all large guilds with high score people are penalised and still stuck with high siege costs while small guilds with low scores are rewarded. Large guilds still wouldn't attack eachother because of high siege costs and would grab and hold (like they are now), small guilds would fight more but still be overpowered by large guilds who are just sitting there bulking up.

DeletedUser12348

Jees...cry me a river, Its a WAR game.
Do I whing when I get plundered...no, I plunder back. Do I whinge if my guild loses a sector...no, we fight back.
So what if underhand tactics are used? If you dont like it either man-up or dont play.

LOL. What guild are you in by the way ?